Picked up my sons first bike

As quick as the 600 crotch rockets are, I would never by that for a 18 yr old's first bike.

He can take the MSF and you can ride with him all you want to........but you will not control him when you are not there.

My condolences.

Come on now No need to be a stickler be happy for the guy... if he trust his son enough to buy him a bike then that all that matters. If he teaches him how dangerous they can be and shows him the ropes you cant go wrong. any bike is dangerous, not just a 600... Dont listen to this guy you know your son and im sure he will be safe, if you teach him right... at least he's teaching him and not letting him just hop on and go like most of us did!

Come on now No need to be a stickler be happy for the guy... if he trust his son enough to buy him a bike then that all that matters. If he teaches him how dangerous they can be and shows him the ropes you cant go wrong. any bike is dangerous, not just a 600... Dont listen to this guy you know your son and im sure he will be safe, if you teach him right... at least he's teaching him and not letting him just hop on and go like most of us did!

My SO's first bike was a Ducati 996 she just graduated to a Busa last spring. I think if the rider respects tha tbike and takes the time to learn to ride it, they can start on just about anything.

My boys are not old enough yet to ride with me but one of the greatest moments in my life was the first time I went surfing with my son. It may not sound like much but sharing something you love with your kid is one of th egreatest gifts you can give.

I am very happy for you.

Back