02 Midnight Busa went down

midnight02

Registered
Well my buddy layed it down today. I got a call from his g/f and my heart dropped, but hes okay. He hit a rock the size of a rabbit tonight on a back road and it tossed him. Ill post pics of the bike when I get it. I believe he was going about 80mph. His helmet is messed up and his padded jacket is all torn up, but he's okay. Some scrapes and bruses. He said he hopped up right away and threw his helmet about 50yards. He will call the insurance company tomarrow to see what up. Not sure if he'll get enough for another Busa. But we'll see. he's back and still wanting to ride though.

Glad to hear he's O.K...True heart of a real rider helmet throwing and shat...Ready to ride again... :devil:

But he was able to walk away. Now all he has to worry about is getting the bike fixed or replaced!

well he's fine, here is a link to the pictures of the crash.
the rock he hit is at the bottom on the pictures i piosted, we went back today and got it. He is waiting to see how much insurance will give him. He wants to put it back together and put all carbon fiber pieces on it. we are planning on tearing the bike down and rebuilding it, so we now have a winter project. here's the link Busa wreck pics

Can't tell from the pics, but was anything mechanical messed up? Or is it mostly the fairings, handlebars and footpegs?

not sur eon the internals, so far from what we can see, it all looks like body stuff ect. headers look fine, clutch casing was the only thing leaking. guess we'll find out when we take it apart and have it checked out. so a few questions. if they total it, you have to get a salvage title, im assuming you have to take the frame and motor to be inspected correct? anyone know how this goes about?

I'm glad your friend is OK. Good luck with the rebuild, if they don't total it.

I recognize that corner, just can't seem to put my finger on it. Is that out 94?

Later,

Steve

Well my buddy layed it down today. I got a call from his g/f and my heart dropped, but hes okay. He hit a rock the size of a rabbit tonight on a back road and it tossed him. Ill post pics of the bike when I get it. I believe he was going about 80mph. His helmet is messed up and his padded jacket is all torn up, but he's okay. Some scrapes and bruses. He said he hopped up right away and threw his helmet about 50yards. He will call the insurance company tomarrow to see what up. Not sure if he'll get enough for another Busa. But we'll see. he's back and still wanting to ride though.
i know exactly what you mean about the phone call. I hope never get another one of those. I hope your friends recovers quickly

As painful as it is to see a bike go down, at least there is no physical pain to go with it.

I'm glad to hear that he is ok.  Like the others said the bike can be replaced.

<!--EDIT|jwcfbd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1067905970 -->

havn't had it looked at by iunsurance yet, but he is already got alist of all carbon fiber parts to replace it with. if it is totaled, he is gonna buy it back anyway and fix er up. So it'll be back some time

Back