My bike was hit in the parking lot

I fear the same thing to happen to me.. i hope all of it works out for you. I just got a scratch on my busa, my driver side mirror is cracked and my first door ding on my '09 Cobalt SS/TC. All this happens in 3 days... and my dyno tune session only netted me 176hp and 105TQ STD!

Well the good news atleast the guy admitted to it.. sorry the bike got ran over though.. that always sucks arse!!

Wow... sorry to hear. This almost happened to me also when I was putting away my junk under the hump. From that point forward I've always park in the middle of the parking spot with my front tire sticking out alittle past the lines so it can be seen pertruding out amongst other vehicles.

crap situation but at least the guy was honest. i try to park shallow in a space for this very reason. this way the tail of the bike is exposed a bit when people fly into a space. hopefully, the bike will get buttoned up soon so you don't lose to much seat time.

Walking up to my bike I noticed a piece of paper taped to my tank and another under the bungie net on the back seat. The paper under the bungie was from the guy that hit my bike, the taped paper was from building security. I called the number on the paper and the guy came straight out. I was parked back in the parking spot and a big SUV was next to me. He thought the spot was opened and he went to back in and backed over my bike. I've got all his contact info and he's going to make it right.

We both took pics of the damage and I'm going to get qoutes for the damage and based on that he will either pay for it out of pocket or file insurance.

My front fender is broken, right side fairing is scraped (the side that Revolution airbrushed), right bar end is scraped, right mirror scraped, right foot peg is broken and some scrapes on the exhaust.

That sucks but thank your good karma that the guy who hit it was very forthright and honest enough to take full responsibility.

That sux but glad you weren't on it! Good to hear this guy is gonna make it right. it's so refreshing to know there are still good honest people out there.

Walking up to my bike I noticed a piece of paper taped to my tank and another under the bungie net on the back seat. The paper under the bungie was from the guy that hit my bike, the taped paper was from building security. I called the number on the paper and the guy came straight out. I was parked back in the parking spot and a big SUV was next to me. He thought the spot was opened and he went to back in and backed over my bike. I've got all his contact info and he's going to make it right.

We both took pics of the damage and I'm going to get qoutes for the damage and based on that he will either pay for it out of pocket or file insurance.

My front fender is broken, right side fairing is scraped (the side that Revolution airbrushed), right bar end is scraped, right mirror scraped, right foot peg is broken and some scrapes on the exhaust.

Backed in over the bike? WOW. That means he passed the space, lined up to back in and somehow NEVER saw that there was a 500 lb object in there? Thankfully there were no people in the dang space! :banghead:

Well, at least he's makin' it right. I'll assume that he'd doing that of his own accord and that it has nothing to do with security being involved. One of my office mates backed into my car, scraped the bumper all up and broke a tail light assembly...no note, no nothing.

Good luck with the repairs!

Sure am sorry to hear this about your bike. At least things are gonna be taken care of by the right person!!

Man, sorry to hear. Hope you get it fixed up quick. +1 for faith in humanity meter.

Wow... sorry to hear. This almost happened to me also when I was putting away my junk under the hump. From that point forward I've always park in the middle of the parking spot with my front tire sticking out alittle past the lines so it can be seen pertruding out amongst other vehicles.

I HAVE ALWAYS PARKED LIKE THIS and remind my friends about it every chance I get.

This is the only way a cager will even possibly be able to see your bike before they whip it into a parking space that they think is empty(and then its too late)

And I always park where I can see the bikes also. Noone is hitting my baby and then trying to run away.

And God help the fools who try to actually steal our bikes.
That will be the worst day of the fools life.
Guaranteed

Thanks for posting this RedFalco, because I was about to !!!!

:thumbsup:

my worst nightmare. ive made the mistake of almost pulling into a parking spot in my jeep then realizing a bike or small car was in it. hate that! i always park my bike at the end of the space, not at the very front.
hope its a quick fix. wish you the best of luck.

Sorry to hear about that ,thats very rare when somone admits to that and is willing to make good,and at least it wont come out of your pocket. Good luck.

Back