Hit from behind:(

Lotus49

Registered
There is a very good set of back roads around where i am, i was trying to get the last bit of riding in for the day before it starts to rain. I see a rider in my rear view mirrors trying to keep up, im really not going that fast. I figure he wants to hit the twisties too. So i go on for a few miles, untill i dont see him anymore in my mirrors. (have you ever seen that crash video, where one rider starts to turn into a street, and the guy behind him tries to do a wheelie, and see's him at the last seconds and tries to stop?)

I put my blinker on and almost come to a stop to make my turn, im right on the yellow line where i hear this bikes engine accell up. and then rapidly decel. I hear a short tire skid and hop, and to myself Im thinking oh ####. He really didnt hit me with that much force, it seemd to topple over more than a crash. but it did send me and our bikes a good 20-30 feet down the road. My ankle got caught under the bike as i slid. It didnt wear anything down but i did twist it pretty well. I ended up next to my bike, and when i got up there was gas pouring out of the top of the tank ( i had just filled up too) along with oil out of the side. The kid picked my bike up for me and said "i gotta go i dont have insurance or a lisence" Jumped back onto his bike and took off.

It was a blue and white gixxr.... mayber a little older 98-01.. older body style.

As for damage...
Ill post some pics soon.

both exuast are nocked off, both canisters are scraped,
Rear faring is cracked where he hit.
right side (same side as before) is scraped along with the nose.
The oil is not comming from the actual engine case, but on the right hand side, there is another black cover under the fearing, that is cracked open. (looks like a starter???)

Im ok, it just knocked the wind out of me a little bit, this has not been a very enjoyable riding season.

What?
rock.gif
He just admitted no insurance and I gotta go... Did you get any details such as his plate number? Sounds like you have had a tough season. Enjoy the winter break.

That sucks. Very glad you are alright! You should have pounded the crap out of him until the cops got there.

The cover looks like your clutch cover, filled with oil so if it's cracked that would explain the leakage. I'm suprised you didn'y try to get a plate and find the guy yourself. Was he hurt at all? Check out the local bike boards/hangout spots in your area. Someone will talk about it sooner or later......

dayum bro..
sad.gif
sry to hear..... glad you came out as good as you did, that shid coulda been alot worse

that is effd up!

hit and run, :thumbsdown:

heal up, hope you find him!

Might wanna keep an eye out in the local papers/cycle trader, he may be looking to sell soon.

I'm glad your ok, good thing nothing major happened to you or the bike. But as far as this kid who hit you, I would taken his bike at the very least until the Popo showed up. Shows how much he cares too, "i dont have insurance, I gotta go" lil ####### I would made sure this fool would'nt go anywhere...

well i didnt report anything, it happened just about infront of my friends house, so i just pushed it 3 houses down to there. I was kind of stunned when he said that. I didnt think he was actually taking off as in "gotta go". More like "we" have to get out of here, kind of thing.

What a pos!!!
mad.gif

I hope you got a good look at the #$@!*?!'s bike. I'd hunt that SOB down and take it out of his hide.

well i didnt report anything, it happened just about infront of my friends house, so i just pushed it 3 houses down to there. I was kind of stunned when he said that. I didnt think he was actually taking off as in "gotta go". More like "we" have to get out of here, kind of thing.
I guess I don't get it when you say "We have to get out of here". I mean, who the Fug cares if LEO stops to make sure your ok? If neither of you demand action - being it a civil case the LEO shouldnt do anything unless there is destruction to public/ city property. Heck, unless one of you were drinking, riding a hot bike, or have active warrants, I would have not worried about LEO. Yah I know some states are more strict than others, but like I said this is a civil case from what I hear, so unless judge judy is patrolling the local streets in a cruiser & your paid for your appearence, then I guess I dont understand the fear.

I guess I would have taken my time with this, made sure both parties were ok, swap some cell phone numbers & offer eachother any assistance if needed. No reason to fear the police . Anyhow, Im glad your ok, if there is a next time, take your time , no reason to rush unless you have something to hide. Im guessing you dont, but that other guy put you in a position to rush.

Wow, bro! Sorry to hear! I hope you catch up with that fugger!

Just glad that you're OK!

you know, even if he stuck around, i figure it like this. #### happens, im not going to have him arrested for an accident. If i did that to someone i would tell them what the deal is and try and work it out. Not get scared and take off. If i see him again im not going to get angry with him im going to let him know that, "I know you didnt wake up and say im going to do this". Its ok, it was an accident. But he should not have taken off

geez, that is the wrong way to think about it.

What if he and his "unlicensed, ininsured, irresponsible" ass rams into a minvan with a family on their way to get ice cream?

#### like this has to be stopped. You have an obligation to society to care more about the big picture, than to worry that this punk might be inconvenienced.

Im sorry, but I think of my little kids and wife, and wonder if someone who doesnt care to the level that HE didnt care...might run into them because someone ELSE didnt take the care to intervene.

Damn sorry to hear that. I don't know if I would have let him ride off without at least getting a license plate or something. He may not have done it on purpose, but he is still responsible for the damage. Good luck.

Oh i know. I really want to kick the
laugh.gif
out of him. and. and and and...
mad.gif

but i know as well as anyone that wont get anywhere. If i do see him though im going to tell him, bro listen. you gotta pay for this

Back