Hit from behind....

cerebusa

Registered
Hi guys, on my way to work this afternoon, I was sitting at a red light minding my own bussiness when this young lady on her cell phone decided to rewrite the physics books. According to her methodology 2 solid objects CAN occupy the same space at the same time. Didnt work out so well for me. She did I might add in her defence get on her brakes real hard, after the impact brought her out of texting. None the less, thanks in part to my almost supernatural reflexes and ground sloth like agility, I scampered from the intersection without being mauled again. Now, the rear of the bike is hosed, its an 03 I just bought 4 mos. ago, (that I looked for, for a year, after my 99 WAS STOLEN). Sorry I digress again,(not havin a good day here). I will need an undertail, stock anyone??, the Muzzy can is shot, the led rear light is gone, the plastic, the bracket that the can mounts to and the rear foot peg is broken off. (Does this bolt on under the rear tail or is it welded on)??. The chain was making a noise possibly the sprocket. Her ins. guy is coming tomorrow to look so, I was wondering...The bike was actually stuck into the front of her car so could the swing arm be twisted or not likely, and with the exhaust being now positioned at a good 75 degree upsweep, could the jugs be buggered?? Any ideas on what to look for or parts you want to unload please let me know. This is my PRIMARY means of transportation because I want it to be, I do have other cars, I just like riding. Any help, Ideas, or prayers will be appreciated..I was very fortunate. Came outta this with a sore back and a headache. Going to the doc tomorrow though. I am getting more sore as the night goes on. Thanks guys, Mike...:please:

get to the doc.. and wait to find out what the insurance guy says. I'd take it to a good bodyshop to find out what they say to see if the insurance guy is shorting you. Hopefully it isn't totaled, glad you're alright.. make sure if you have any medical problems that their insurance knows about, they will pay.

Dude that sucks, The rear peg does bolt on from under the tailsection. as for the rest. Rear rim is prob bent, Swingarm probably bent, exhaust would have to see it but if its bent straight up I would definatly check all the way up front and then some,

I say it again, Dude that sucks.

As for your bodily injuries. You will probably be really sore in the morning, Take it easy and make sure your really ok before signing anything

Thanks Stand, I am going in the a.m. (to the Doc). I will probably do the repairs myself if I can?? Thanks for the input though, I will take to a shop and let them inspect...Good advice.

wtf? i wish i had some extra parts but i gave most of my stuff away to other members here in the past. chill out and mend your wounds and hopefully the bike won't be a loss. talk about a bad day. ???

Glad you are okay - but definately get checked out! Also, make sure the insurance guy looks at everything... if you can, find the parts you need online so that you have a reference for him if he needs something... find everything that is slighty scratched, including gear!

Please let us know how the insurance turns out and we will see what we can do from there...

Glad that you are okay. Definitely take it in to someone certified and get it checked out. Rear end collisions are bad. I got lucky when mine happened and it still cost about $4000 to get it fixed (she had insurance).

Thankfully you are able to post this up. That's a relief.

Secondly, I don't know how attached you are to this bike, but if you wanted, you could probably have a shop total it and you could get a new(er) one. If you pursue this, it could spell a lot of money coming your way; not that I advocate suing people in accidents, but if it comes to that, you are DEFINITELY in the driver's seat on this.

I got rear-ended nearly two years ago December on my 1st 06LE. The bike didn't look that bad, but the shop totaled it, and I got my 2nd 06LE to replace it...plus a cash settlement.

Again, first and foremost, I'm glad you're up and about and not on life support or worse.

Good luck, brother, and please keep us posted as you move forward. (Like a doctor's assessment would be the first information I'll be looking for from you.)

Best wishes.

Scar

did you call the police? do you have police report, that is imprtant for down the road if you have difficulties. i would get a lawyer or at at least discuss it with lawyer.
the way you are describing the damage to the bike, hope they total it. if that is the case you should get full current retail value of the bike +tx. make sure her insurance company don't screw you on that. if not totalld, it is your right to take it to whoever you trust the most after her insurance co. intial appraisal of damage. there are so many things could be wrong with it that bike taht the adjuster can not see it all in first inspection.
i am glad you are ok.
check yourself with doctor, good luck to you and keep us inform.

When I stacked my bike, Ins (State Farm) told me to go get it estimated at a qualified place (Suzuki dealer where I bought it) and they also had a person come out with a camera to take pictures (not a qualified estimator, remember this). I told the owner and the service dept doing the estimate at the dealership what I wanted ya know ?, remember this.

Last edited:
Glad you are aight but definately get checked out. Adrenaline can hide injuries. Keep us updated.

Thank God your okay. I'd take it to a shop to be looked at and have the ins. guy go there and talk to them. good luck man. hope it gets fixed fst for you.

Glad you are aight but definately get checked out. Adrenaline can hide injuries. Keep us updated.

+1, When I stacked my bike, I tried to make believe I was just banged up. Ended up taking my own sorry a$$ to the ER, ended up in the hospital for five days, surgeries, lots of drugs etc. Get checked!

xray lable misc 005.jpg

Yeah thanks guys, Im going to the doc 1st thing in the a.m. As I have been sitting here tonight there is a lot more stuff starting to hurt. I will heal, my scooter wont. I am worried that the ins. people Nation wide, will total it then blue book low ball me. The bike is (was) in pristene condition with 4020 mi when I bought and now has almost 9 k. State Farm ponied up to the tune of 9000.00 on my 99 last year when some low life...There I go again, as my wife says it always comes back to that 99 doesnt it??Hmmm, well anyway. I paid 7500 for the bike 3.5 mos ago but the blue book is Im not even sure yet. Anyway, I do have a police report, she was charged, of course it would have been hard not to. She did not have a 500 lb Hayabusa hood ornament when she left the house this afternoon. One of the officers and I had to hold onto the bike while she backed off. It was stuck standing upright in her hood/bumper. I yi yi, what to do what to do. Thanks guys I am going to eat some more meds, talk to yall later. Mike...

Back