Parking lot drop

mcoyote

Registered
Ok, it was my fault. Stupid dork move: As I threw a leg over I grabbed the clutch at the same time I grabbed the brake and she rolled forward and over on top of me. Leg hurts much.

Anyway, I grabbed the clutch because I thought I was level, but I'm not used to how the asphalt is sloped out west (no storm drains) -- there was a shallow channel in the middle of the parking lot and my space was sloped just enough.

Pah!

9000mi and I finally lay it down. Anyway, the forks were unlocked so I only scraped the end of the clutch lever and the outside of the left-hand mirror pod. Billet frame sliders and a teensy spot on the can took the weight.

If I feel like fixing it I'm thinking less than $100. A far cry from the $4k my BMW needed after being pushed over in a parking lot -- and the 'Busa has no electric brakes to go out like the K-RS' did. Ah, well, off to bed.

Had something similar happen and agree sliders are a good thing!

I'm with ya on the sliders. Worth every penny. However, brace for the storm that is Revlis. He blasted me when I posted how my frame sliders done their job.
laugh.gif

As far as a tip over (not going down at speed) has anyone seen those bobbin mushroom things? All they do is replace the center fairing screw.

From looking at the damage on my recent drive way tip over, it looks like that fairing screw is the first point of impact. After seeing that I kept thinking about something that I could replace that screw with and by chance ran across those bobbins last night on ebay.

I doubt they'd do anything in a crash but they seem like a good idea for a parking lot tip over as long as long as a high grade quality screw is used that won't snap off. Best of all they can be removed in 2 seconds and no cutting is required.

The only place I've found them is on ebay and they are only being sold out of the UK.

Anyone know of a place in the US that sells them?

Back