Never wear F-ing sneakers!!!  Dropped her tonight.

(DEVLDOG @ Sep. 10 2007,05:44) that sux bro,i always double tie my laces,like i do my kids,theres so they dont untie mine so there is no lace hanging loose to get caught on anything.boots are a definate purchase in the future though.
i was just about to say that... or tuck them in the shoes if they are too long

I am tossed about calling the Ins Co. on this...

I can pretty much buy the damn parts for what the deductable is going to cost me. The tail is $411 and the stator cover is $61 the slider saved the side panel and the mirror is like $50...

Not really worth the arse ache that goes with dealing with them.

(DNGrumpy @ Sep. 10 2007,08:28) I am tossed about calling the Ins Co. on this...

I can pretty much buy the damn parts for what the deductable is going to cost me.  The tail is $411 and the stator cover is $61 the slider saved the side panel and the mirror is like $50...

Not really worth the arse ache that goes with dealing with them.
might as well pay outta pocket.. wont your insurance go up if you file a claim?

Sorry Grump! I have a stock stator cover with a very slight scratch on the underside that I touched up. Not noticable. It's yours if you need it. Just pm your shippiong addy, and I'll send it right out.

(GSXcite @ Sep. 10 2007,12:42) Sorry Grump! I have a stock stator cover with a very slight scratch on the underside that I touched up. Not noticable. It's yours if you need it. Just pm your shippiong addy, and I'll send it right out.
Thanx, GiXERHP offered me one of his also and he is right up the road. I think I might just get a WoodCraft. Thanx though.

I am gonna try a light sand and see if I can touch it up before the Dragon trip... Same thing on the slider except that is really mucked up.

The tail section is likely gonna get a sticker from one of many aftermarket parts...

(DNGrumpy @ Sep. 10 2007,10:23)
(GSXcite @ Sep. 10 2007,12:42) Sorry Grump! I have a stock stator cover with a very slight scratch on the underside that I touched up. Not noticable. It's yours if you need it. Just pm your shippiong addy, and I'll send it right out.
Thanx, GiXERHP offered me one of his also and he is right up the road.  I think I might just get a WoodCraft.  Thanx though.

I am gonna try a light sand and see if I can touch it up before  the Dragon trip...  Same thing on the slider except that is really mucked up.  

The tail section is likely gonna get a sticker from one of many aftermarket parts...
Thats why I have the spare one. I put a Woodcraft on too and really like the protection with the slider. Then went out and lowsided it on the right side!
sad.gif

(DNGrumpy @ Sep. 10 2007,10:23)
Thanx, GiXERHP offered me one of his also and he is right up the road.  I think I might just get a WoodCraft.  Thanx though.

I am gonna try a light sand and see if I can touch it up before  the Dragon trip...  Same thing on the slider except that is really mucked up.  

See you should have bought one in the GB!!! A couple of months ago!
lurk.gif

Riding boots only.

Have NEVER ridden with anything else on my feet. Never will.

That sucks Grump- the pride damage hurts worse than the carcass or wallet injury, don't it?
crazy.gif

I'm glad the bike didn't crush your leg. That's what I'd be afraid of most. That bike landing on top of my knee or ankle just seems like a horrible injury. I never wear shoes with laces, but the cuff on my pants has hung up on my peg before. I know the feeling of impending dread that a zero speed accident is about to happen as you're helpless to get a foot down. Fortunately, I haven't fallen in this manner yet. Maybe I should stop wearing slacks with cuffs. When I commute to work it presents a problem. Overpants in 99 deg midwest humidity doesn't sound like much fun.

(beaquel @ Sep. 10 2007,22:06) I'm glad the bike didn't crush your leg. That's what I'd be afraid of most. That bike landing on top of my knee or ankle just seems like a horrible injury. I never wear shoes with laces, but the cuff on my pants has hung up on my peg before. I know the feeling of impending dread that a zero speed accident is about to happen as you're helpless to get a foot down. Fortunately, I haven't fallen in this manner yet. Maybe I should stop wearing slacks with cuffs. When I commute to work it presents a problem. Overpants in 99 deg midwest humidity doesn't sound like much fun.
I have a pair of Joe Rocket Phoenix mesh that the wind blows through like they're not even there.
super.gif

You would arrive at work with no bug guts on your knees...
laugh.gif

(Knees have armor!)

Man, that just sucks!!! BTW, don't make the insurance claim! It can effect your rates come renewal time and if it happens again they could drop you. Hell, they can drop you any time they want. When you go to another ins. carrier your past claims will be on your record and they'll jack your rates up accordingly.

Although I wear boots, remember these for tennis shoes:

Velcro_Shoes.jpg

Back