My little trooper dropped her bike tonight

Busa_05

Busa Legend
Donating Member
Registered
So my wife and I get home after a dinner out with my mom and our kids and it is pretty nice out...you know, like 42 degrees or so. Still snow every-frickin'-where, but no big salt clumps on the road anymore. So I tell our oldest, "Your in charge. Mom and I are gonna go for a little spin on the bikes." And we were off! Lori is backing her bike out of the garage, in the saddle for some reason...I don't know why...slips on some dirt and crap on the garage floor, and down she goes! Luckily, or unluckily, the car was next to her and she somehow managed to wedge herself between her bike and the car. No scratches on the bike, but she ripped the sideview right off the car!
blush.gif
She's like, "Oh my god! Is my bike alright!"
super.gif
That's my girl. Hee hee hee. She has an SV650S with frame sliders on it (don't know why, there's hardly any plastic on it, right?) But it's a good piece of mind and protects the bikini fairing. She basically had her a## on the car and was holding the darn thing up with her knees. I seriously thought she hurt herself.
wow.gif

Anyway, all was okay and she was revved to go riding then. The car can be fixed easy, no harm done. I just thought it was kind of cool and wanted to share the story with my busa brothers and sisters.
smile.gif

Lori is backing her bike out of the garage, in the saddle for some reason...I don't know why...
lots of pee-pull do this.

its actually a good idea if ya think about it.

You're ready to guard against a tip-over either way.

If yer standin' beside it, an' it starts to fall "Brake Side" yer fugged. You'll never pull it back. Especially if yer a "Sheila".

no offence.

If yer in-the-saddle an' she starts to go... you've got leg strength
make sense...

have a well balanced 1...RSD

Good job ... worrying about the bike first .... glad she didn't get hurt and the car can be easily repaired!

glad to hear that it was just a little damage and not something major.
cool.gif

Jason,
Glad to hear that Lori is okay and so is the bike...... tell her she has her prioties straight.
thumbs-up.gif

laugh.gif

That's how I would be too...when I "wrecked" on my Harley, I was yelling at my Dad to go get my bike up so no one would see it just lying there along the road. I was banged up a bit, he was worried something was broken, and I was worried about the bike...
tounge.gif

And why not sit on the bike when backing it out? I don't do it any other way...
blush.gif

And why not sit on the bike when backing it out?  I don't do it any other way...
blush.gif
We just bought her a different SV with some mods and it is a bit tall for her. We lowered her other SV. Lori's all of 5'4"...she's on her tippy tippy toes, so she usually doesn't move it around much in the saddle unless we're out riding and turning around, etc., then she has to lean it over onto her leg a bit and muscle it. She's a tough little gal.
smile.gif
I felt a bit guilty because we have been planning on getting a lowering kit for her and haven't yet. I think I'll go do that today. If she would have really messed up her bike she would have yelled me..."Oh, sure, honey. We'll get a lowering kit. Bark, bark, bark, bark, bark."
cussing.gif

And why not sit on the bike when backing it out?  I don't do it any other way...
blush.gif
We just bought her a different SV with some mods and it is a bit tall for her. We lowered her other SV. Lori's all of 5'4"...she's on her tippy tippy toes, so she usually doesn't move it around much in the saddle unless we're out riding and turning around, etc., then she has to lean it over onto her leg a bit and muscle it. She's a tough little gal.
smile.gif
I felt a bit guilty because we have been planning on getting a lowering kit for her and haven't yet. I think I'll go do that today. If she would have really messed up her bike she would have yelled me..."Oh, sure, honey. We'll get a lowering kit. Bark, bark, bark, bark, bark."
cussing.gif
Ahhh, I see...
smile.gif

Well, get it lowered quick! I dropped mine 3 times before I realized it was a bit too tall for me...it cost me plenty to fix what I messed up
mad.gif

cool.gif

smile.gif

Glad nothing bad happened. Good girl to worry about the bike first and the cage second. That's the exact way I am, and my g/f just doesn't understand that.

Back