Motorcycle parking

B00ST00

Registered
I rode my busa to school this evening and tried to park in the parking deck located in the city about a block from my campus. I pulled up to take a ticket and the old man running the booth told me I wasnt allowed to park there. I asked him why and he couldnt give me an answer, just told me to park on the street or find a parking lot. So I found a spot in a lot since I was in a hurry. My question is can any of you think of a reason why I shouldnt be able to park in the deck? Ive been riding 8yrs and ive never had this problem. Id rather park in the deck because there is surveillance in that area and id prefer not having the bike stolen off the street. I'm going to call the parking authority or police, whoever is in charge up here and ask them tommorow.

Thanks

I have seen garages not allow bikes before, usually for "liability" reasons.. but definitely check with the parking authority.

Dude...that's total :bs: Run it up the flag pole till you get an answer. You have as much right to park there as the cagers do.

That is pretty messed up especially since he can't give you a real answer. Hopefully you can find something out tomorrow.

Low ceilings / sprinkler heads / ducting (liability), maybe... while leaving a parking garage I stood up on my pegs to get my riding pants/junk situated and took a light glancing blow to my helmet. Took me a second or two to realize what had happened... If it were head on I imagine I would have de-seated myself and taken out the low hanging sprinkler head... the ceiling in the section probably wasn't more than seven feet.

Last edited:
complain, he has no right. Thats Y i just enter parking lots with and go around the arm when I get out, i am not paying for parking. lol Bikes should park for free.

in chicago...the mcdonalds downtown has pay parking...they charged each of our bikes 12$ and made us park 4 bikes to a parking place..on the way out when i paid they where kind enough to drop the friggen gate on my bike..i had my helmet on so i stuck my head under to save my gas tank from a nice big dent and scratch....they all just laughed..untill i got up and broke the gate then drove off...

That doesn't sound right to me. Back in MD i did find a few garages that said "No motorcycles" still not sure why

The excuse they give us our local garage is cause the automatic arm or pad does not recognize bikes. Godd Luck I would need a lot more than a camera to leave my bike parked out somewhere.

I was in Indy a couple of weeks ago and went into a parking garage because the game was about to start and on the wall a sign was posted, "no motorcycles, scooters or skateboards". They said I was already in there so go ahead and park. The guy said the bike was a "liability". I felt so much better leaving it there after he said that. I was like...well, is that $70,000 Benz a liability to you to...he never answered.

Godd Luck I would need a lot more than a camera to leave my bike parked out somewhere.

I heard that !! I mean if I had to, I guess it would be better than the street. But I could hear it now..........."they stole your bike, BUT we have the van, and 3 guys that took it on camera, so as soon as we can find someone to identify that plain white van they're ours".

"No, we don't have anyone watching the cameras, they're there so when something does happen we can go back, and look to see what happened".

Bikes are a higher liability vehicle for 2 reasons.
1. It is much easier to steal a bike than a car.
2. Physical injury is more likely on a bike than a car.
It's not fair, but the insurance companies and bean counters only care about statistics.

Who owned the parking garage? The city? The school? Or was it privately owned?

in chicago...the mcdonalds downtown has pay parking...they charged each of our bikes 12$ and made us park 4 bikes to a parking place..on the way out when i paid they where kind enough to drop the friggen gate on my bike..i had my helmet on so i stuck my head under to save my gas tank from a nice big dent and scratch....they all just laughed..untill i got up and broke the gate then drove off...

That explains a lot :whistle:

Back