parking on university campus??

kkattan

Donating Member
Registered
Hi just wondering if anyone known the politics to persuade a univerisity campus on allowing motorcycles to park on the campus.. My previous university allowed you to park right next to the entrance doors. instead of having to park in the parking lot. at this new university i parked right next to a place designated for bicycles and actually put a chain around my front tire just like the bicycles.. however i got a ticket. i asked campus security they said you have to park in the parking lots... way far away and much less secure (and it costs money)... i was thinking of telling them how environmental friendly the bike by saving money as compared to one persond driving an SUV to get to school... but they will probably tell me to take the bus.. any way.. right now..

has anyone ran into this problem? i am seeing if i can get them to desiginate a small area just for motorcycles..

any suggestions appreciated.
thanks.

That sucks... at my university they have designated "Motorcycle/Scooter Parking Zones". They're not next to every class, but they're a lot closer than the car parking lots... I've gotten tickets for parking on a sidewalk (waaaaay out of the way of everything against the side of a building
mad.gif
, and for parking in a car spot without paying some BS fee...)

Penn State has about 15 total spots for motorcycle commuters and those are at the far end of campus in the commuter car lot. It really sucks to ride to class and not be sure if there will be a spot ANYWHERE.

I work at ODU. Parking is to make money.They will ticket anything and everything. I pay over $200 a year for my truck to park in the staff lot. And ANOTHER $65 a year for the Bus. Good luck on fighting a system set up to turn a profit.

When I rode to school, I parked with the bikes at the bike rack also and got in friendly with campus security at the building I parked at and never got a ticket. Try that first and see if it works and then if not pursue getting the rules changed.

if you know a bunch of people that ride id get them all together and show up real early one day and put one bike in each parking spot and take up half the lot so people will start bitchin about it,youll get your motorcycle parking before you know it.

Back