Result of parking in a parking space.

hillbilly

Registered
I was in the gym doing my thing this week  
muscle.gif
 Got to watch some idiot hit my new ride with a GMC truck. It almost went over but he backed up and the front wheel came back to the ground. Damage was to the right mid pipe and muffler and side stand mostly.
The main lesson I have learned is to park somewhere that a car can't get to as in the sidewalk .
The son of a gun never even said he was sorry. Just kept saying that he never saw my bike.
Now for the good news. All the parts are supposed to be here and on the bike Friday afternoon.
guns.gif

Estimate.jpg

It's terrible how common this is. The trucks today are so tall, they're dangerous to anyone with a motorcycle or sports car near them, as the driver can't see anything close by. Here at work, we have to take the front wheels off of the trucks to get them low enough to work on. This "bigger is better" thing is out of hand.....
rant.gif

You're lucky he even stoped.
Most people would not even have the decency to take responcibility for something like that.

(LABusa @ May 03 2007,10:24) You're lucky he even stoped.
Most people would not even have the decency to take responcibility for something like that.
I saw it happen from inside. Was on the treadmill admiring the bike and watched it from start to finish. It made me so sick that I wouldn't even go outside to check it.

Sorry to hear. She will be as good as new!

I make it a practice not to pull all the way forward in a parking spot. Prefer to let people see that it's occupied before they attempt to "whip" into it. Maybe a soon to be failed strategy, but so far - so good.

Parking lots can be very bad places for bikes. Glad she's going to get fixed.

You can do some decent mods w/ that cash & get the parts alot cheaper.
smile.gif

You may have to even pay shipping to a board member for that factory exhaust pipe.

(MPH 200 @ May 03 2007,11:51) You can do some decent mods w/ that cash & get the parts alot cheaper.
smile.gif

You may have to even pay shipping to a board member for that factory exhaust pipe.
Got an exhaust can on the shelf.
PM me if you want it and I'll check to make sure it's clean. It's off my '06 and I don't think there's a scratch on it.

(busa_bill @ May 03 2007,12:21)
(MPH 200 @ May 03 2007,11:51) You can do some decent mods w/ that cash & get the parts alot cheaper.
smile.gif

Got an exhaust can on the shelf.
PM me if you want it and I'll check to make sure it's clean. It's off my '06 and I don't think there's a scratch on it.
See - thats what I am talking about - TEAM
beerchug.gif

Busa-Bill:

I do the same thing. I make sure that the ass end of the bike is sticking out far enough that sopmeone can see it before they commit to the space. That being said, i was coming out of the store one time and saw a woman ATTEMPTING TO MOVE MY BIKE so she could have the space. She's very lucky to be alive. She wouldn't have been had she dropped it.

Very glad to hear your Busa is gonna be good as new (actually better than new)
beerchug.gif

(ibified @ May 03 2007,13:44) Busa-Bill:

I do the same thing.  I make sure that the ass end of the bike is sticking out far enough that sopmeone can see it before they commit to the space.  That being said, i was coming out of the store one time and saw a woman ATTEMPTING TO MOVE MY BIKE so she could have the space.  She's very lucky to be alive.  She wouldn't have been had she dropped it.
Wow! I hope you let her know that dog don't hunt 'round these parts!

I do the same thing. I make sure that the ass end of the bike is sticking out far enough that sopmeone can see it before they commit to the space. That being said, i was coming out of the store one time and saw a woman ATTEMPTING TO MOVE MY BIKE so she could have the space. She's very lucky to be alive. She wouldn't have been had she dropped it.
What - like we don't have a right to a parking space?

I had someone at work say something to me recently about that. "Why is it you bikers think you own the parking lots?" - or something like that. Obviously an a-hole and I let it roll off my back.
No telling what I would do if I caught somebody trying to move Buscilla. I try not to get upset about most things, but chances are it wouldn't be pretty.

I do the same thing.  I make sure that the ass end of the bike is sticking out far enough that sopmeone can see it before they commit to the space.  That being said, i was coming out of the store one time and saw a woman ATTEMPTING TO MOVE MY BIKE so she could have the space.  She's very lucky to be alive.  She wouldn't have been had she dropped it.
I can't believe that. What was she thinking. Sometimes I just wonder about some people.

Hillbilly - sorry about your bike, glad it is working out but still sorry you had to deal with it.

PS - Member offers to help you save some money, I love this .org!! 2 thumbs up!!

Back