Hit from behind:(

All my vehicles have been insured, and so should everyone else's. If you can't afford to insure your vehicles, or don't want to, you should get the hell off the road.

My father had a head-on in his car with an uninsured car driver (cumulative speed 140mph, impact shortened my father's car about 2 feet, put the engine in the passenger seat.) If he hadn't been wearing his seatbelt - or the other guy - they both would have been dead. The uninsured CRIMINAL sneaked out of the hospital and my father was left to pay for his medical bills, physio, car repairs etc.

If this guy you talked about had said that to me I would have jumped him then and there, beaten the crap out of him and his bike. That's the only way I could've got compensation for him being a total a$$hat. You can't sue because he probably doesn't have any money. He needs to learn the consequences of his own choices, and pay a price for being a totally irresponsible jerk. He didn't even offer to fix your damage. I would've left him bleeding in the road....

He's basically telling you that he doesn't care about your - or anyone else's - welfare. He needs an attitude adjustment that I'd be happy to give out.
mad.gif

well i didnt report anything, it happened just about infront of my friends house, so i just pushed it 3 houses down to there. I was kind of stunned when he said that. I didnt think he was actually taking off as in "gotta go". More like "we" have to get out of here, kind of thing.
I guess I don't get it when you say "We have to get out of here". I mean, who the Fug cares if LEO stops to make sure your ok? If neither of you demand action - being it a civil case the LEO shouldnt do anything unless there is destruction to public/ city property. Heck, unless one of you were drinking, riding a hot bike, or have active warrants, I would have not worried about LEO. Yah I know some states are more strict than others, but like I said this is a civil case from what I hear, so unless judge judy is patrolling the local streets in a cruiser & your paid for your appearence, then I guess I dont understand the fear.

I guess I would have taken my time with this, made sure both parties were ok, swap some cell phone numbers & offer eachother any assistance if needed. No reason to fear the police . Anyhow, Im glad your ok, if there is a next time, take your time , no reason to rush unless you have something to hide. Im guessing you dont, but that other guy put you in a position to rush.
I don't know what it's like in MN, but where I live a cop can pull you over for a crooked license plate and if you don't have something as simple as an MC endorsement on your drivers license your bike is going away on a tow truck to impound.

If you don't have insurance you're bike is going into impound and you're being hauled off to JAIL. You then get hit with a an automatic $500 fine and your drivers license is gone for 6 MONTHS.

If there's an accident involved there is no way any cop anywhere won't ask to see your license, registration and proof of insurance.

TT,

I was giving both riders the benefit of the doubt. I would think both would have a License, MC endorsed, and Insurance. I guess I thought that was a no brainer for being a responsible rider to have all of the above. As far as the Insurance thing I guess if the guy really didnt have any, than I would have said "Man, what the hell are you doing riding". I guess Ive heard the line before of no insurance for a quick departure when in reality they have insurance but just dont want their rates to go up, etc.

I guess my point was not to fear the Police if your in an accident and you have all the proper things a rider should have to legally ride.

There is a very good set of back roads around where i am, i was trying to get the last bit of riding in for the day before it starts to rain. I see a rider in my rear view mirrors trying to keep up, im really not going that fast. I figure he wants to hit the twisties too. So i go on for a few miles, untill i dont see him anymore in my mirrors. (have you ever seen that crash video, where one rider starts to turn into a street, and the guy behind him tries to do a wheelie, and see's him at the last seconds and tries to stop?)

I put my blinker on and almost come to a stop to make my turn, im right on the yellow line where i hear this bikes engine accell up. and then rapidly decel. I hear a short tire skid and hop, and to myself Im thinking oh ####. He really didnt hit me with that much force, it seemd to topple over more than a crash. but it did send me and our bikes a good 20-30 feet down the road. My ankle got caught under the bike as i slid. It didnt wear anything down but i did twist it pretty well. I ended up next to my bike, and when i got up there was gas pouring out of the top of the tank ( i had just filled up too) along with oil out of the side. The kid picked my bike up for me and said "i gotta go i dont have insurance or a lisence" Jumped back onto his bike and took off.

It was a blue and white gixxr.... mayber a little older 98-01.. older body style.

As for damage...
Ill post some pics soon.

both exuast are nocked off, both canisters are scraped,
Rear faring is cracked where he hit.
right side (same side as before) is scraped along with the nose.
The oil is not comming from the actual engine case, but on the right hand side, there is another black cover under the fearing, that is cracked open. (looks like a starter???)

Im ok, it just knocked the wind out of me a little bit, this has not been a very enjoyable riding season.
Sorry about that mate...
sad.gif

Glad your not hurt.

Glad you are ok.

I would kept him there, he needs to pay for the damage he caused. AND he needs to learn a lesson.

I agree with HayaVegas. I can understand you not holding a grudge against the guy or wanting to "take it out of his skin". But he should be dealt with so this sort of thing doesn't happen again. He is obviously not a responsible driver because he 1.Crashed into You 2. Fled the scene 3. Never bothered to get licensed and 4. Never bothered to get insured. You should at the very least report the accident so the police can do their job. It's not about revenge, it's about being responsible so that measures can be taken to prevent this guy from causing more reckless injuries possibly much more worse than yours.

sorry it happened but never let anyone leave the scene as soon as he said that, I would have told him you attempt to get on that bike and i'll beat your azz, because now you have nothing but a scratched up and broken bike. jmo

Back