Result of parking in a parking space.

Thanks for the offers of help. With the money coming from his insurance company I am going to put it all back stock even though it was tempting to take the money and run with something aftermarket or used. I did splurge a little and buy a Second Look tank bra in blue and silver.
After this is over my parts stash will actually have something in it. Anyone need a bent side stand or some almost new exhaust gaskets?

When I park in a car spot I park so far back so they see it before pulling in. Idiots everywhere.

Here is where it was parked and also was my view when he hit it. Would parking in the end of the spot have helped me here?

parking_spot.jpg

(hillbilly @ May 03 2007,23:40) Here is where it was parked and also was my view when he hit it. Would parking in the end of the spot have helped me here?
How dare someone hit the fastest color?  
crazy.gif

I guess its just a matter of preference on how you park.

Remembering my younger days and how my wife had cars that sat low - Trans Am etc. It seems like it took forever for me to convince her that she did not have to pull all the way forward to the parking stop and crunch the front spoiler.
Bill says - "Hey, you know that extra 1.5 feet you get pulling forward after the front spoiler hits the big concrete thingy? That extra foot and a half doesn't do you any good on the backend of the car."
She finally digested the wisdom.  
laugh.gif

I do all kinds of things given the situation. I don't think they make a safe parking spot. Good luck on the fix.

(busa_bill @ May 03 2007,13:04) Sorry to hear. She will be as good as new!

I make it a practice not to pull all the way forward in a parking spot. Prefer to let people see that it's occupied before they attempt to "whip" into it. Maybe a soon to be failed strategy, but so far - so good.
+1

I park so the bike is about a foot shy of where the rear bumper of a card would be... that way it doesn't get clipped but as you approach the space it's very visible.

(Red05 @ May 03 2007,15:15) It's terrible how common this is. The trucks today are so tall, they're dangerous to anyone with a motorcycle or sports car near them, as the driver can't see anything close by. Here at work, we have to take the front wheels off of the trucks to get them low enough to work on. This "bigger is better" thing is out of hand.....
rant.gif
Some people believe that bullshiite because they are trying to overcompensate for other short-comings that they have...
rock.gif
poke.gif
smileyexhibit.gif
or lack thereof...
biggrin.gif

Back