Bubba went down today!!

chrisjp

GM of Haya's in the Hills
Donating Member
Registered
hey all i got a call from bubba (bubbawood)today and he went down on his bike today... he is ok...low speed slide about 40 ft. elbows n legs scuffed up... ill be checking out his bike in a while. it has some damage but was rideable. so ill see what i can do. may need cover and handlebars bent...of course the plastics all messed up. but all in all he is just sore no major damage.

oh and his cell took a beating so if you have his number he has a new phone already get ahold of him so he can re-add you to contacts

Bummer. Bad elbows, guess no jacket today?

Time for custom paint now. Get a list of parts he needs to replace so we can help out.

he has the gs500f...or as we call it a babybusa lol

Hey all thanks for the support and the wishes. Heres the full story. Was at a recruiting gig for a gathering called the Cornfield 500 was finished for the day and heading home to change clothes and return for the festivities. Left on my way home went through an overpass with torn up pavement and holes on the underside and was used to it so dindnt pay no mind well in mid cornering the torn pavement sucked my tires in just right and stood the bike up sending me towards the embankment. didnt have to much time to react being i was at about 40mph and the embankment was real close. grabbed on the front brake then saw the gravel so let off and by that time the bike was sucked out from under me i hit the pavement and bounced a time or two and slid about 40 ft or so up the road as fast as the bike did next to me. after coming to a stop i rolled over to make sure i wasnt in the middle of the road and sat up to look my self over. (mind you i was in military fatigues helmet and gloves) head never touched pavement to my knowledge pants showed some scuffs no biggie (later to find outwas worse) 3 cars stopped one left the two that stayed was an elderly gentleman who refused to leave my side till he knew the bike was still able to run and that i could get where i needed to go and the other was an employee heading to where i had just left both were very helpful and passed a few jokes to ease up the stress of the situation. bike was road rashed broken plastic bent bars and a cracked case but started right up. i thanked the gentlemen and was on my way. headed to chris' house to see if he was home to give me a ride to the hospital but he was away with his family so i proceeded to the hospital and that was fun to explain to the head nurse got checked out Xrayed and was cleaned up no broken bones as of now they are getting a second opinion on tuesday. friends and my mother showed up made sure i was fine then i rode the bike home and called the insurance company. claim is processed and we will see what will come of it. i will upload pics as soon as i get the chance of the bike and the clothing and what not. yes i know i should have been wearing my jacket but suprisingly enough the top to my uniform held up nicely. again thank you for you wishes and hopefully this will be the last one of these for a while.....as i jokingly stated earlier "i may not be a professional baseball player but i can sure as h3## slide across pavement like one!"

A man named "Bubba" has to be a tough dude! Didn't Johnny Cash have a song about a "Boy named Sue"? Maybe that should have been "A boy named Bubba"?

Happy to hear there is no perminent damage to the carcass but damn Bubba, stay off the pavement it's hard on the knees! :laugh:

Keep us posted on the second opinion as well as the insurance proceedings!

Back