Went down today.

Thanks to all for the well wishes! Went back to the scene and it looks like I hit some small landscaping rocks I just didn't see. I can see where they scraped along a foot or so then dug into the asphalt about 10 feet before the bike and I hit the ground. Funny, I wasn't on the brakes that hard and I always keep my eye out for gravel or dirt but these I totally missed. Now to get me and the bike healed up.

Sorry to hear this. I went down at about 30 or so in the rain once. I stabbed the rear break and there was a quick wobble and then I was on my butt watching the bike slide away! Get well (you & bike) soon!

First, good to hear you're ok...it's hard to say what may have happened however, if the bars were moving, it's possible that you hit some sort of silt or debris that you could not see. A similar event happened however, I was a little lucky and was able to save it. I was riding on a road I've ridden many times and I was not speeding or doing anything stupid (which is rare :-) ) Anyhow, I came into a right left hand turn and the front immediately pushed and I managed to catch it by giving some throttle. I looked back and I could not see anything on the road, a few turns later the same thing happened again! The road looked completely clear too! I checked over the bike and it was fine, pressure was good, nothing on the tires...etc... Well, I drove back to the road and there was a very fine silt on the road. I've never seen anything like it however, it was not visible unless you ran your foot over it which made it feel like ice.

Again...glad you're OK for the most part and honestly, this is what I hate about street...so many variables which is why I ride like very conservative on the street and hang it out on the track (of course you were well within safety margins so this doesn't apply to you). I hope you get everything fixed up quickly and get back out.

Sorry to hear that but a bike is replaceable a life is not so glad to hear no major body harm. Get well soon!

heal up..and get the beast fixed..

get back out there .....

you and the busa will be outthere before ya know it..

:beerchug:

Very sorry to hear about your mishap, hope you recover quickly with no lasting damage beyond your ego...glad to hear you were wearing your safety gear as well.

Hopefully thats out of your system and you will be good for at-least another 34K miles.

Thanks to all for the well wishes! Went back to the scene and it looks like I hit some small landscaping rocks I just didn't see. I can see where they scraped along a foot or so then dug into the asphalt about 10 feet before the bike and I hit the ground. Funny, I wasn't on the brakes that hard and I always keep my eye out for gravel or dirt but these I totally missed. Now to get me and the bike healed up.

I know what you mean, as I avoid gravel and dirt etc like the plague.
Like most people I'm not perfect and I miss things every so often even though I look for that stuff.
It's kind of like pot holes in the road - I try and miss them all but sometimes you just can't and end up hitting some.

Do you know if insurance is going to cover it yet?

Sorry to hear. It happens, it happens, just glad you are alright. Best of luck with the healing. Full recovery, the bike can be fixed.

Glad you are ok...for the most part. The rebuild is going to hurt more than the physical injury...cest la vie....

Back