The Grumpy's went down today

I bought mine cashwhen it was new, I will never finance a toy, no money for a new one. Gonna hafta rebuild whats left of this one.

Dave and Angela, just checking in at the org and see this!

Prayers are with you two for a quick recovery. Helmets are great!

Anyway, hope John gets your bike put back together without too many extra parts laying around!

Mrs Grumpy is not ok, I am greatly concerned about the knee injury. "Nothing on the xray" means nothing, it looks all wrong and she cannot bare weight on it. I'm frustrated and angry I put us here. I can hear 2000 times That I did the right thing by dumping the bike but all I hear is her screaming somewhere behind me as I slide to a stop face down in the middle of the road. Was on my feet before I even knew if I was hurt and headed for her...

My reaction came from 22 years of riding on the street "don't hit the solid objects in front of you no matter what" my brain neglected the fact that she was on the back. Not sure there was a better choice...
Posted via Mobile Device

Hope Angela gets better soon.

You made the best choice at the time. It could have been much much worse. You two are able to post up and that's more than others can say.

we can see how much you care about her - you can't second guess yourself. it's done and I think you did a very good job of handling it.

See you at the bash! :beerchug:

Dave and Angela, just checking in at the org and see this!

Prayers are with you two for a quick recovery. Helmets are great!

Anyway, hope John gets your bike put back together without too many extra parts laying around!

Got the bike running last night!

And im sure there will be many extra parts, once its all said and done.

As far as the frame damage, im taking the bike to GMD computrack on Tuesday, to have the frame checked for straightness.

Before that i need to rebuid the fork as to the seals letting go during the accident, as well as replace a few parts as i rebuild them!

Last edited:
I hope Mrs Grumpy feels better soon...You too Mr.
Sorry it happend but glad you are still with us.. Take Care... Ralph

Got the bike running last night!

And im sure there will be many extra parts, once its all said and done.

As far as the frame damage, im taking the bike to GMD computrack on Tuesday, to have the frame checked for straightness.

Before that i need to rebuid the fork as to the seals letting go during the accident, as well as replace a few parts as i rebuild them!

No worries then, she is in the best hands!! :bowdown:

So it's official. I'll be out another week from work. Had to file for FMLA today. As long as all the paperwork is done correctly I'll still have a job when I return next Tuesday.
Posted via Mobile Device

I used FMLA when my son was born . My manager tried to tell me it was only for the person who was pregnant or hurt and didn't count for me. I had them re-read the law. Took 60 days off with no repercussions . They weren't happy but I enjoyed Adams first two months and was there to help the wife recover . You should be ok .

I used FMLA when my son was born . My manager tried to tell me it was only for the person who was pregnant or hurt and didn't count for me. I had them re-read the law. Took 60 days off with no repercussions . They weren't happy but I enjoyed Adams first two months and was there to help the wife recover . You should be ok .

I hope so! They had fired 3 people before I left...and I'm pretty sure there was more to come.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bottom line, check to me for $4585.19 and I get to keep the wreckage.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back