Noticed something great today on the forums

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
I was perusing through the "Grumpy's went down today" thread and I realized that there were a lot of new people posting good wishes and prayers that I have never met...

I went back through each post and looked at the names and noticed that many of the names eluded me, I had never seen them post before and I have never had any real discussions with most of them....

For those folks that have been around awhile, a belated welcome to the site. I hope to meet each of you and know that I have met some fantastic people over the years and look forward to meeting even more...

I suggest to you all that if you want to take the org to the next level that you find a way to meet up with people in your area. If you can ever find a way to get to the Bash, Eureka Springs or any of the member events do it, you may just build a long lasting friendship.....

Way to go posting your support for Dave and Angela, that is exactly how we are supposed to operate around here....

cap

It's just good people being good people here on the Org. :thumbsup:

I was able to meet the grumpy's at the bash and even eat at the famous diner. :bowdown:

I suggest to you all that if you want to take the org to the next level that you find a way to meet up with people in your area.

cap

I've been thinking about this for months now. I know that a lot of Meet and Greet/Group Rides happen on Saturdays. Problem is, I only get Saturdays off every 6 weeks and when I get it, I always go to the gym with the whole family from 8:00-11:30am.

I'm thinking whoever's free on a Sunday morning, we can meet up even for just a few minutes just to get to know each other. We can meet up like in front of Borders or something. If you guys are available to ride for a couple of hours, great. If not, at least we got to know each other. What do you guys think?

been a lurker for a while. just been posting more now that i have time. i always hate hearing about accidents. a friend of mine lost his entire arm fromt the socket down in a bike crash about 1 year ago. he prolly should have died, but the good lord must have wanted him around.

he was speeding down south main in hutchinson when he couldnt make the corner into carey park. he hit the curb on his HD and flew over the bars and took out the "stone" carey park sign with his left shoulder. broke his arm in some 250 places. no helmet and was lucky it just missed his head. fortunately he is here to tell the tale. so i feel for everyone that gets into an accident. i could tell of all sorts of stories about friends that have been injured while riding, including myself.

so every time i see a thread with the words "went down" i hate to open it, as we all know what lies behind that door.

you know something else i have noticed on this board....or the lack there of...is flaming. i dont see much flaming going on here. some boards are so full of it i cant stand to read it. i love what goes on here and i hope nothing ever happens to it.

been a lurker for a while. just been posting more now that i have time. i always hate hearing about accidents. a friend of mine lost his entire arm fromt the socket down in a bike crash about 1 year ago. he prolly should have died, but the good lord must have wanted him around.

he was speeding down south main in hutchinson when he couldnt make the corner into carey park. he hit the curb on his HD and flew over the bars and took out the "stone" carey park sign with his left shoulder. broke his arm in some 250 places. no helmet and was lucky it just missed his head. fortunately he is here to tell the tale. so i feel for everyone that gets into an accident. i could tell of all sorts of stories about friends that have been injured while riding, including myself.

so every time i see a thread with the words "went down" i hate to open it, as we all know what lies behind that door.

you know something else i have noticed on this board....or the lack there of...is flaming. i dont see much flaming going on here. some boards are so full of it i cant stand to read it. i love what goes on here and i hope nothing ever happens to it.

You will notice that this board is more like family. No flaming happens for a variety of reasons. But perhaps the best reason I can think of is because we are all mature adults and at the end of the day all I want to do it help someone else with what they need when I am able. No matter how many oil threads, or tire threads, or why dont other bikers wave threads, good advice is abound. :beerchug:

you will notice that this board is more like family. No flaming happens for a variety of reasons. But perhaps the best reason i can think of is because we are all mature adults and at the end of the day all i want to do it help someone else with what they need when i am able. No matter how many oil threads, or tire threads, or why dont other bikers wave threads, good advice is abound. :beerchug:

+1000

The next generation arives~!~ :laugh:

:welcome: all

you have no idea how true that is... Call it Gen 5 if you will... Most folks will stick around heavily for about 2 years then the daily check in turns into weekly, then monthly, then just when they get a chance... In the mean time more folks keep joining the site...

I have seen this cycle over and over and I can tell you that there are great folks in each Gen...

cap

you have no idea how true that is... Call it Gen 5 if you will... Most folks will stick around heavily for about 2 years then the daily check in turns into weekly, then monthly, then just when they get a chance... In the mean time more folks keep joining the site...

I have seen this cycle over and over and I can tell you that there are great folks in each Gen...

cap

I'm still here. so all is still well in the universe:blowingup:

well as long as im riding i plan on checking in regularly as this is kinda like my facebook if you will. im hoping to meet a guy thapp from hutch soon and as many others that want to meet me. im going to be going on more rides now that i have a normal job with normal hours.:cheerleader: check out my lil girl...

emmaonbusa4.jpg

she's gonna be a natural .... :whistle:
emmaonbusa1.jpg

cap

Hey, I have been here for 5 years now, And still enjoy the .org. I have met and made so many friends here, I may only see some of them 1 or 2 times a year, but these folks are still great friends. :)

Well thanks for the welcome as one of the newer guys here.... Would LOVE to get a Houston Busa group together to meet.. Met a guy Friday night.. Forgot his screen name though!

I suggest to you all that if you want to take the org to the next level that you find a way to meet up with people in your area. If you can ever find a way to get to the Bash, Eureka Springs or any of the member events do it, you may just build a long lasting friendship.....

cap

Id love to meet some of the members here and go riding, unfortunately it doesnt seem that there are many around my area here in South Dakota...

Back