well, it happened today

OK, since nobody said it. I saw 3 sets of plastics on Ebay for less than a grand a week ago. Seriously glad to hear that you are undamaged.

Glad your ok. Not to throw stones or nothing but wasn't Pandamic the guy last summer that said he was never going down. The guy that never wore gear? I remember him having a post about dropping his bike at work. I've been off the board awhile, must have missed the post when he went down. Again not throwing stones, glad your ok pandamic and see the light about gear and not going down additude. If i am wrong about you i apologize. I dont wear gear except helmet and gloves. Maybe I need to re-think that.
rant.gif

Sorry Pandem1c

(Busa05_KY @ Feb. 26 2007,16:10) Glad your ok. Not to throw stones or nothing but wasn't Pandamic the guy last summer that said he was never going down. The guy that never wore gear? I remember him having a post about dropping his bike at work. I've been off the board awhile, must have missed the post when he went down. Again not throwing stones, glad your ok pandamic and see the light about gear and not going down additude. If i am wrong about you i apologize. I dont wear gear except helmet and gloves. Maybe I need to re-think that.
rant.gif

Sorry Pandem1c
I don't think I ever said I would never go down, but that not everyone will go down. And yeah, my attitude towards gear is changed even though I would have still been left with soreness. But my attitude towards wearing a full face helmet has always been good.... because I'd never go helmetless or wear a pecker pot like a HD rider.

*Update:

If anyone has a stator cover laying around that they don't want, I will pay shipping.  Need to get the bike running to get an checkout ride on what else will be needed. mine has the unwanted window mod done to it.

thanks

Just seeing this thread, sorry bought the bike and glad you had good gear. I'm going to guess your thumb took the starter switch out.

somebody1010, still no word from the dealership yet. I dropped it off on friday, I'm guessing I will get a call tommorow.

well gl. i just had the appraiser com out today. he has to come back out again because he knows nothing about bike and his camera died. i should know something by friday

well, the dealership called today and gave me my quote close to 8k that is with repair work. they want to replace the frame because of the broken bolt in this pic:
View attachment 1021968

seems like to me that I could remove the remnant of the bolt with a screw extractor? no

I gotta go pick up the bike and look at the  list of stuff that they say needs replacing. maybe it won't be that serious.

Good luck, they typically total a bike with a bad scratch or damage to the frame.
all_coholic.gif

Back