well, it happened today

Looks like time for NEW GEAR  
beerchug.gif
. NOW you know what you want it  to do for Ya  
super.gif
. Nothing beats knowledge and experience when looking for equipment  
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Really glad you're OK, and glad that you were wearing all your geal.

here are the pics of the bike:

View attachment 1016087

front fender:
View attachment 1016088

rim lightly curb checked, and the rotor also:
View attachment 1016089

center and left fairing close up:
View attachment 1016090

how the heck did the starter botton snap off, WTF!:
View attachment 1016091

stator cover:
View attachment 1016092

center fairing bolt(snapped off):
View attachment 1016093

rear fairing:
View attachment 1016094

all in all it looks like I will need multiple parts and bits nothing major as the front fork does not appear damaged or the steering geometry( the head is still tight and there is no play when I apply the front brakes.

ah well, tommorow I take it in to the dealership to get an estimate then the insurance adjuster will put their two cents into it. I also lucked out and found someone that loaned me his trailer and hitch.

you and i are in the same boat. let me know what the estimate is, i should get the bike back tomorrow and i will snap some pics while i am at it. if all goes to plan i will hae the whole bike repainted and put on full exhaust system.

Really good to hear you made it through without injuries. And I was considering getting a 3/4 helmet for lighter ride days! Think I'll forget that idea, and wear the RF 1000- full time.

(CAT3 @ Feb. 21 2007,21:14) Sorry to read about this happening.  I dont have any plastics, or stator cover, but I do have stock cans if you need one let me know.  Too many riders going down lately, makes me think break-up is the most likely time of the year...figure roads become unfrozen, but have salt/gravel remaining etc...
What do you know about frozen roads out in Arizona?
jump9.gif

thanks for all the support fellas, it really is nice, I would never consider anything less than a full face helmet. the marks on the faceshield and lower left front show how much it saved me. again I really think the boot saved me from a broken something(s) in my foot. so those of you who wear tenny runners take note!

Somebody1010 - I'll do that, lemme know when you get yours so we can compare.

I think I will need the regular gambit of parts along with the replacement fairings. the list I see so far that I will need are some body mounting bolts, plastics reatainers for the plastics, the left mirror, left rear light assembly, stator cover so if any of ya'll out there have any of these parts just sitting around. lemme know please! thanks again everyone. this board rocks!
bowdown.gif

I need to get my eyes checked. The other day, I thought I read that you had an '05. My nose piece wouldn't go well on that '06. All I have to offer is a stock rear turn signal.

hey mr anderson, i just got the bike back and the stealership said there wass $8457.79 in damage. the list is 3 pages long and they carged me for anything and everything evan if it had a scratch on it. i am going to say there is only about 3k in damage for oem parts to be replaced. I am going to go through a buddy and we are going to try and come up with a realistic number, hopefully i can get about 5k i dont want to salvage the bike. i left my camera somewhere so i will go get it tomorrow and get some pics of the damage.

Mine slid out on the right side and we had similar damage, but my can saved the tail section from getting scraped and probably saved more of my fender. Be SURE to check the radiator and everything up in there because when mine slammed, it totally jacked up the radiator and bent it out of position because of the impact. My bike also "felt fine", but on closer inspection it had problems. So be sure to look up in there and make sure the dude who does the estimate does, too.

Glad to see you survived and I hope you have a low deductible! I was very lucky because I just had on my helmet, no gloves, no jacket, jeans.... and I just ended up with some road rash on my knees and arms and a scuffed up helmet. But I was sore as a new prisoner in San Quentin for about 3 weeks!

SHOCKED.gif

somebody1010, did you go through the insurance company, if so I would almost consider that a total and just start looking for a new bike. if they come up with the same number for me I might just buy the bike back and live with a salvage title, after all it is just a bike, at least it is to me. I did drop it off at the dealership today and they're doing their majic. hopefully they have a number soon.

i have not turn it into the insurance company yet. like i said earlier i am going to get a more realistic number today and send both off to the insurance company today. then there will be an adjustor coming out to look at the bike tuesday.

glad to hear your ok! Be sure to include a list of things you need when you get the estimate or tear it apart and I may have some extra parts for you.
beerchug.gif

Just glad you are ok man......bikes can be fixed much easier than your body...

well the parts i know i need is the frame for the cowl-guage, blinkers right and left, front cowl, rear frame cover. those are the parts that are actually broken. the rest is just scrathced. and fyi the stealership quoted my slip ons for 898.99 so that will cover a full exhuast system
super.gif

Back