Well it finally happened.. the busa went down today!

04Duramax

Registered
So I'm on base today and about to head home and start my leave.. I'm in a great mood, it's hotter than he// outside but I could care less. I roll up to a stop sign to turn left and I noticed another car approaching from the left. It's a 4 way stop so I come to a stop.. and I thought they were going to do the same.. NOPE! I'm 1/2 way thru my turn and this a$$hole comes right on thru busting a CA roll... I grabbed a fist full of front brake (I don't know why) but I was already moving slow and in a lean.. so you can guess what happens next.. The front end dips down and here we go.. luckily I was movng slow and was able to get my leg down and slowed the fall... Also glad I am in great shape as I was able to slow the fall down enough to where there was no damage at all to the bike! :thumbsup: There were people everywhere as well, and as I sit there picking up my bike by myself no one comes to help.. and do you think the a$$hole who caused all of this stuck around.. nope he got the hell out of dodge.. lucky for him it took me a few seconds to get her back up and check her out or I probably would have chased him down and had some words. Ugh.. I hate stupid people.. I just couldn't believe that it happened on base.. and that none of the 20 people around even said anything.. Seriously! :banghead: Ok.. I'm done now and feel slightly better.. glad all that happened was a small scrape on the kickstand, shifter end and my peg. Ride safe out there!

Wow that really sucks, glad you were able to safely save from any damage. Bad that no one helped thats total crap. But if its on base there is a good chance you may see that car again. :whistle:

Just be glad you weren't hurt! I hear ya on everything else!
Sorry it happened to you but glad to hear you werent hurt.

No major damage is a good thing. :thumbsup:

If it happened on base maybe word gets around and you get to have the final word... :whistle:

Glad you are ok Buddy, and wow sometimes we just can't ride safe enough can we.

Again, glad you're ok

You got off lucky, and remember, they ARE ALL trying to kill you.....

I have driven in AZ and those people are nuts down there.Must be the heat or something.Good you are ok and no damage done.That happened to me not to long ago but I anticipated what would happen.I was able to turn left legally out of the gas station but the couple of stripper looking gals wanted to make an illegal left out of the other gas station and I ma pulling out and I know they saw my HID light but they turned anyway, luckily I kinda knew what they were doing.I yelled and they almost jumped out the window in panic.

I'm happy you're alright, don't know how you pulled off absolutely no damage, but kudos. Like has been said , make no assumptions, other than they can't see you and will kill you.

Yeah I'm just happy nothing happened to the bike... probably the only reason why I let it go.. I'm kind of a hot head so if something would have happened to the bike I probably would have chased them down. I am shocked that no one in the area even tried to help... ???

that sucks bro, and what's shi**y is it happened on base. i would remember that car and i would have my mp buddies over in a hot sec to harass the crap outta that person.

Idiots abound. Keep a keen eye and hang in there. Also glad you are OK and no damage to your machine.

Back