well, it happened today

Mr. Anderson

Donating Member
Registered
coming around a sweeping right turn got wide into the turn, looking back into I was not set up body wise, or mind wise for the turn. I hit the island divider. slid about 25-30 feet on the left side along the center divider island. so far from what i see all the left side plastic was damaged front to back due to the island curb, also the stator cover was ground down/ broken. I had all my gear on, helmet(arai) took a couple good licks, the joe rocket jacket did their job and held up great and protected me as did my draggin jean(aussie brand) there are holes in all my gear including my flight deck boots. I believe they saved me a couple broked toes, foot bones as the leather was ground down to the steel toe core. just trying to think how i am going to do all this since I do not have a trailer to tow the bike around to the dealership to get a estimate.  

anyone have a set of plastics for sale cheap?

helmet:
View attachment 1015079

visor even got it:
View attachment 1015080

close up on helmet:
View attachment 1015081

pants( right knee, notice the blacker sections are the areas that contacted the ground):
2h6zpc0.jpg

back side of the left pant leg( go figure I guess my pants must have coght the rear passenger foot peg, but there are no marks on the back of my leg:
48f57xi.jpg

left boot it got between the bike and the curb  (I think):
View attachment 1015084

big-T, no I didn't wear the knee armor today, I usually do. I did have a second pair of gym pants on underneath that are plastic with a cotton liner. both knees have holes in them. go figure since I went down on the left side.

Glad your ok. Check with Sponsors, Ebay or Oneida Suzuki for the fairings.

Sorry to read about this happening. I dont have any plastics, or stator cover, but I do have stock cans if you need one let me know. Too many riders going down lately, makes me think break-up is the most likely time of the year...figure roads become unfrozen, but have salt/gravel remaining etc...

Damn glad you were wearin' your gear. Gear nazis, celebrate! Non-gear nuts, take note and gear up!
biggrin.gif

super.gif

Waiting for pics of bike damage. Again, nice to know you weren't seriously injured.

--Wag--

Glad to hear you're okay...been close to the line several times myself...I'm sure we all have.

You may be able to go to a Home Depot or Lowes and rent a pick up for $20.00 per hour, use a 2x12 as a ramp and have a friend or neighbor help push it up, or go to U-Haul and rent a small flat bed trailer to get your bike to the shop. Glad to hear you are OK.

Sorry to hear this Mr. A. Just glad you're OK and can tell us about it. Get the pics up asap, and let's see what we can help you with.

glad you were able to walk away
beerchug.gif

if nothing else works, you can always rent a truck or box van from Enterprise, etc.

Sorry about your busa, but glad you came out of it ok. Wish I was close to you I would trailer your bike for you or loan you a trailer. Any org members close to you that might help?

Back