Well i did it

forceofnature

Registered
I dumped my new bike on its left side while turning around on a steep incline. While trying to avoid my neighbors car I applied the brake and put my foot down. Well since I am only 5'6" there was nothing to put my foot down on so gravity helped me before I could roll through.

Anyway I was a bit pissed at my error. Somehow my foot got the tank and put a dent in it too. At least the dent is almost gone. I got a dent pulling kit from auto zone that is working just great. Now I just need a lower left fairing for my 2006 red/ black, or a little touch up paind and a couple stickers.

Sorry to hear that . Good thing is your okay
cool.gif

I'm one to talk because i dont have them but it sounds like frame sliders would have helped in this situation. I think that is going to be my next purchase... i dont want to be the next person posting about needing new plastic... I am also 5'6"... well 5' 6" 3/4" actually. The first thing i bought was fully adjustable lowering links for the rear. You can set the ride height to what ever you want. Made a big difference with my short legs to from the stock height.

Been there - done that!!! Only on the right side. I don't have that bike anymore but I know how you feel!!! Some of those lessons are a little hard to swallow! Better to dump it going "0" MPH.

Yeah At least I was stopped basically. Never thought about getting frame sliders before now. Better get some just in case the right side bites it.

man, sorry to hear that-hope you get'er fixed up. I wouldnt bother with new plastics right away-you might have another accident this year and then you gotta buy all over again! wait till you put'er up for the winter and grab new stuff then-might even be cheaper out of season!
wink.gif

Sad to hear it. I almost dropped mine the first ride out after I got it. I gave my brother my old GSXR600, and we went out for the first ride ever. We paused at a steep decline intersection, and the next thing I heard was his engine revving like he was going to blow through the intersection (and me). I looked back just in time to watch him fall - slow motion like a tree about to slam to the ground... And in the process I almost lost my busa.

Honestly, with that type of accident, the sliders will do little protection unless you have the longer freestyle kind. Even more so if the lay over happens on soft terrain. Your plastic will still touch.

Sorry to hear...I wrecked mine afew weeks ago. Its amazing how fast you can tear something up.
mad.gif

I dropped my 06 when I hit a rut on this gravel driveway. I was almost stopped so I was ok.... bike has some small scratches that are pretty much unnoticeable because I used some colorrite touch up paint pens... camoflauged now. I recommend getting them because they match the factory paint exactly.

So many of us have dropped them this year. I've told this story a few times but here goes again. A week after I bought my bike I was leaving for work - my driveway goes uphill and I have to turn right at the top to leave. Well I didn't let m her warm up enough and she stalled right at the top in mid turn. Had I squeezed the clutch on time I might have kept rolling and been ok but no such luck. It went down in slow motion and I wasn't strong enough to stop it. I got some rash on the right fairing. I got it buffed out at a Corvette shop. You can berely tell but it bugs me. I use some blue wax once in a while to dull down the scratches. At least you're ok. I'd try getting it buffed before touch-up paint

sorry to hear that it almost happend to me but i was able to bring it back up right before it hit man the fear it falling help me find the power to lift it back up but boy was i sore for couple days after:p

Sorry to hear about anyone going down, but I have to agree that in this type of fall, sliders might've helped, but on the incline?? Maybe not much - sounds like you hit low, how does the tail/exhaust look? Any damage to the case cover?

Sorry to hear about anyone going down, but I have to agree that in this type of fall, sliders might've helped, but on the incline?? Maybe not much - sounds like you hit low, how does the tail/exhaust look?  Any damage to the case cover?
The Exhuast was barely touched.  A couple of touch spots just one on front of can and one on rear of can.

The slope is so steep I had no way of preventing it once it started.  Cant really use air for a step.

Some photos

That's too bad. Have you considered lowering it since your chasis (5'6") is kinda short there
biggrin.gif
rock.gif
?

<!--EDIT|boribusa69
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155077084 -->

Back