my accident

Revlis....I am very worried about you....and I was voted in my high school class as the person most likely to DO ANYTHING....telling the guy to shoot or put it away...that is funny! I guess when its pointed at you its not so funny.

This happened to me with a taxi driver who had a billy club and came at me. (not a gun thank goodness). I have 20 years of kickboxing under my belt. The club did not so much as come within 6 inches of me and this dude was toast. But guns are a different story. We must medicate you soon. This forum is much better with you around than not. BE CAREFUL please!

Yeah I do have my DD214,  I didn't know that made a difference, I have the paper work at home, I really should get on it.  

It would be nice to carry legally for a change.
It should only take about 6 weeks for you to get it. Go to a Walgreens and have them take an ID photo for you. I think it was $7 when I did it. You should also be able to go to your local Sherrifs office and get printed for free. If not let me know and I'll hook you up with a friend of mine that lives in Dade City. Mike will be able to tell you where to go to get printed. He should be working for the Sherrif's department soon. Your DD214 basicly says you have had safety and weapons training. You have also been instructed in the use of deadly force. Just remember you can't carry into bars, fed buildings, including the post office, or local gov't. buildings. I think that is it. I know it is all in the instructions. For a list of places you can carry, legaly, after you get your CCW go to http://www.packing.org they have a good, and up to date list of state by state information.

Later,

Steve

Up here a first offense assault is a fine second maybe probation. Now if a guy flips me off I just move along trying not to escelate the situation but when a guy hurts my bike or my family poop is hitting the fan. Case in point. I was in a local store stopped to get a drink with a girl I was giving a ride too. Her pager went off and it was inside her jacket attached to her purse. She looked at the number and put it back inside. This a-hole with no shirt had a few to many beers starts yelling"we dont do that kinda stuff around here" I look around like who the hell is he talking to and he is talking to me. So I say " we are all set" he starts getting all worked up. I decide hell we will leave and get a soda some where else. As we head out the door he pushes me and grabs her. I push him off her and tell him "we are all set" again. He repeats " I told you we dont do that kind of stuff around here" I have no idea what the hell he wants so I push him off me and try to leave. He comes after me I punch him in the head obviously not hard enough he keeps coming we go around the gas pumps 2-3 times me backing off telling him I dont want any trouble him just being an ass. Finally I am starting to snap. I reached over and honest to god I was looking for one of those window washing things to smack him with. But for some reason my brain just wasnt thinking right. I picked up the nozzle turned it on and sprayed him head to toes with 89 octane. I reached in my pocket and asked " do you want to burn" he went into the store came out swinging a friggin vacuum cleaner. It was all I could do not to laugh at him at this point. So I yell inside are you guys gonna call the cops or what? He gets all pissy and heads back inside but not before he grabs the mirror on my GSXR1100 and tips it over the kickstand onto the ground. OK I came undone. The film from the store cameras showed me come across the parking lot about 10 feet on a dead run I hit his throat with my hand and he didnt touch the ground for about 5 feet till he hit the wall. then I hit him until I was tired and his wife was begging me not to kill him. (I should have broken his leg or something). The cops come but can not arrest him they didnt see it. But they give him a ticket for assault and promise he will have to pay restitution. Yah right they plee bargain it down and forget all about me and I never see a dime. Thank you for nothing again I should have gotten my moneys worth out of beatin his azz.

Sounds like you pretty much got your monies worth really Racer24x...Dayum...

Good Idea though to sae the assault charges for when they are needed. Pepper sray works wonders also. Spray em up good then you can just leave and let him howl, or spray and beat him a little...But only like you said if they leave no options...I try not to let a false sense of pride or ego dictate when I am going to get into it with an A**.

Pepper spray is definitely a good idea...as long as it doesn't blow back in your face. Even with all my fighting ability, I'd take mace or pepper spray in a minute (especially at age 47) You can subdue 350 pound monsters with it and you can subdue multiple attackers. Even though I can handle 95% of the population on the planet in an attack situation...I would use pepper spray in a moment because you never know.....there are some bad dudes out there.....I kicked one of these bad asses right in the chops once and he just smiled. I hit him as hard as I could and he just smiled. It was like TV. But the baddest of the bad and I would never ever fight one of them again ....the Special forces guys. My only loss in a street fight was to a Green Beret....he beat me senseless in less than 5 seconds.

Rev is right, pepper spray is the weapon of choice.

Race.....you handled yourself well. I am now seeing a shrink over my anger problem. I would have come undone long before he tipped my bike over. The vacuum cleaner would have made me laugh too....then I would have used it to give him a colonoscopy and then made oatmeal out of his scrotum. Then I'd go to jail and now you can see why I need a shrink at $110 per hour....man the mods I could do......!!!

Revlis....I am very worried about you....and I was voted in my high school class as the person most likely to DO ANYTHING....telling the guy to shoot or put it away...that is funny!  I guess when its pointed at you its not so funny.

This happened to me with a taxi driver who had a billy club and came at me. (not a gun thank goodness).  I have 20 years of kickboxing under my belt.  The club did not so much as come within 6 inches of me and this dude was toast.  But guns are a different story.  We must medicate you soon.  This forum is much better with you around than not.  BE CAREFUL please!
I'm not really bragging here Babuski, Both times I have had a firearm pointed at me I have reacted the same way. My wife believes that my fight or flight response is just broken, so it becomes fight or freaking get evil...Bad blood, a short circuit or something. Both times, especially when it wasn't a COP it was a remarkably stupid thing to do...as afterwords I was well aware... It's not something I decided to do, it was just a reaction to a pointed gun to prevent an ass kicking...I mean come on, Man-up a little and fight...Well at least until I realized it was a real cop in this case...
No kick boxing in my background but I grew up learning a mix of Akido and Vovinam I think it's officially called. Just a mix of things my Dad would teach me. During Vietnam he trained a lot, then while stationed in Okinawa for four years and back in the states he continued for awhile. I remember enough now to try to avoid a fight, and not to get hit too damn much if I cannot. :laugh:
But rest assured, my days of having guns pointed at me are hopefully long gone. I don't go out much anymore, and I let most of the little stuff slide...it's just not worth it. At least until my life or that of a loved one or buddy is or has been put in jeopordy...then I still tend to turn into "Overreaction Man" The Wife has been real good for me...help keep me centered... So no fear, I shouldn't be going anywhere, I am really not that brave or that stupid... :thumbsup:

The medication has really helped as well... :drool:

In all seriousness, the thousands spent on the Psychologists couch was well worth it and has taught me that walking away is really the best thing. Sometimes you are forced to defend yourself and Race was justified (my opinion) But there are way too many folks carrying guns and way too many people strung out on drugs. So when possible, just ignore the fools and walk away if you can. It aint' worth it and it ain't worth jail or your life.

Rev....your reactions are fine....nice and fast....EXACTLY THE KIND OF THING THAT WILL SAVE YOUR A** ON THE ROAD ON THE BUSA. Many of us are blessed with fast reaction times. This is the single greatest thing in avoiding getting killed by these whack-jobs in cages.

Yeah I do have my DD214,  I didn't know that made a difference, I have the paper work at home, I really should get on it.  

It would be nice to carry legally for a change.
It should only take about 6 weeks for you to get it.  Go to a Walgreens and have them take an ID photo for you.  I think it was $7 when I did it.  You should also be able to go to your local Sherrifs office and get printed for free.  If not let me know and I'll hook you up with a friend of mine that lives in Dade City.  Mike will be able to tell you where to go to get printed.  He should be working for the Sherrif's department soon.  Your DD214 basicly says you have had safety and weapons training.  You have also been instructed in the use of deadly force.  Just remember you can't carry into bars, fed buildings, including the post office, or local gov't. buildings.  I think that is it.  I know it is all in the instructions.  For a list of places you can carry, legaly, after you get your CCW go to http://www.packing.org  they have a good, and up to date list of state by state information.

Later,

Steve
Thanks for the tips Tree, I appreciate it...

I am more of a talker than a fighter usually my size tends to ward off most but there is the occasional mishap. I can honestly say I have only been in a handful of fights but I (knock on wood) have never really gotten an azz kickn. I have spared at a dojo before and that guy almost knocked me out but it was more like boxing than fighting and I dont know Karate and he did. So he had a huge advantage. Would have gotten my butt kicked more than likely if it was a real fight but I could have bit his ear off or something LOL. I almost got my butt kicked outside of a bar because I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. He was the 16th ranked kickboxer in the US I am sure I would have gotten a real butt kicken. We talked the next week and he figured out I had nothing to do with it I was just walking by. We are cool now. Had 3 guys chase me once all of the way to my parents house over some girl when I had just graduated from High school. My mother had to take the rifle away I was going hunting for them in the driveway. My father brother and I went looking for them to even the numbers out. Never found them and it all worked out too. The only one I regret is my asault. My boss fired me over being 5 minutes late. he was looking to fire me anyway. I said somethings to his boss when his boss asked me about him and he didnt like my honesty. So anyway I told him he was usless he pushed me I got mad I walked up to the service counter said excuse me to the lady at the counter and gave him a hook to the jaw. LOL what a baby him and the store manager wouldnt come outside. I told them I was waiting for the cops he pushed me first and I was going to press assault chrges if he was. they said he was not going to I left. 11 months later I stop at the local police station for a copy of an accident report. They end up giving me a summons for assault. And tell me to late to press charges against him. Nice huh. I got a fine and 6 months probation.

Back