Florida riding gear:

Okay, silly question here. Let's assume you're out riding and get caught in a downpour, you are soaked from head to toe. Does your ammo have an amount of moisture it can handle before it is no good?
rock.gif

If the ammo is loaded correctly, it can be totally submerged for a few seconds, and it'll still fire. Reloads might be a different story.

I think it would take a bit more than rain. I have literally waded through a canal with my .40 underwater for quite awhile and had it fire afterwards with no problem. That's with S&W Black Talons. Always liked 'em, so I got me a little stockpile when they outlawed them (marked 'em "LE only")

What good is an unloaded pistol? Gonna whip someone with it? Pistols aren't for scaring someone, they are for defense. If you don't trust your sidearm loaded, find one you do trust.
This is why I like the revolver, squeeze the trigger, it shoots. Don't squeeze the trigger, it doesn't shoot.

Am I the only revolver guy here? Am I just old fashoned or what?

Kev
Same with my Glock. Pull the trigger it shoots, don't pull the trigger, it doesn't shoot. However, in a panic situation 17 beats 6 in most cases.

Okay, silly question here. Let's assume you're out riding and get caught in a downpour, you are soaked from head to toe. Does your ammo have an amount of moisture it can handle before it is no good?
rock.gif
If I'm in doubt I take it out, mark it and set it aside for the range. A rain soaking shouldn't hurt it though. Sorry I missed bike night. (and getting soaked) Tuesdays are booked for a month or so. I've been hitting the wed night one in Bartow.

rock.gif
If I'm in doubt I take it out, mark it and set it aside for the range.  A rain soaking shouldn't hurt it though.  Sorry I missed bike night. (and getting soaked)  Tuesdays are booked for a month or so.  I've been hitting the wed night one in Bartow.
If Brian's bike will make it, we may come down to Bartow next week. I'll see if my brother can make it too, he lives in Bartow.

Kev

Hey Bill!

Nice gun.  Here's my IDPA rig.  Gotta love the ol' Para's!!
Like the knife. What's the handle made of? Did you make it?
Thanks,

Yes I made it!  The knife in the picture above is handled in California buckeye burl.  I did a limited edition project a few years ago wtih a custom knife dealer in Miami. Below are a few more.  The blade material on these is Stellite, what we call a "non steel"
The handles are l to r, giraffe bone, silver G10, giraffe bone, burl wood and more giraffe bone.  I made another 5 that had carbon fiber handles.  Cool little knives but I pretty much retired the design to move on to new stuff.

<!--EDIT|FL Knifemaker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116506483 -->

miamis.jpg

Back