Florida riding gear:

diesel

Registered
Awesome ride saturday. Nice weather, great roads, about 200 perfect miles, EXCEPT:

1. Riding south on one stretch with heavy traffic, this mustang on my right SLAMS on his brakes to a dead stop in the MIDDLE of an intersection when the light turns red. A woman hauling ass in a suburban ( rare, I know) behind him rips to the left to avoid hitting him -oh btw.....this was where I happened to be at the time. I expect this sh it so I had left myself enouph room to slow down and veer out of her way. She continues toblow thru the red light and fly thru the crowded road.
Luckily a police officer was patrolling the heavily travelled road and busted her-
tounge.gif
Yeah, right!!!!

Later on, almost home, my friend is in front, then a car, then me. We come to a busy intersection complete with sand and construction. My friend waits for a big break in traffic to turn left and go slow thru the sand. While he is waiting, this couple in the car start honking and yelling out the window at him. He throws down the stand and goes to the window, telling them to chill and explain why he can't just fly thru there on a bike.
He gets back on and we all turn left. My friend pulls over to let them get by, the car continues and I also pull over.

So I'm talking to my friend about what happened on the side of the road and this couple turns around and comes back.This guy starts on us with his mouth and his wife is all F you, F this , F that. Then he starts telling us he's a cop and our speeding had concerned him. I said he better have a badge saying that. He pulls out a business card and no id or badge. The card says he's chief of police of this local small town of Zephyrhills. He's driving a 1986 $4000 car. We tell him if he is a cop, it doesn't excuse road rage. We get into it some more and finally we just take off. We have his card and a letter to the governor has already been sent. For starters.

Hate em law enforcers who behave like jerks. The bastids should be shot if ya ask me
guns.gif

Goin' to pop a bucket myself and sit back to watch this!! "Track this topic" box is checked and we're on our way...
tounge.gif

Can you guys just ride, without any drama?
Geesh!!

poke.gif

laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|TheKatsMeow
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116223575 -->

He looks like a nice enough guy, Diesel! Probably just out mindin' his own business! Why'd you have to go an piss the man off?
poke.gif

Can you guys just ride, without any drama?
Geesh!!
poke.gif

laugh.gif
Hehehehe

The part Diesel didn't mention is that I was in front of him when the suburban did the dance that usually ends with a suburban on its roof.  From my vantage point she nearly wiped him out.  When she came through the light she was moving fast up my tail.  I rolled off the throttle, brought it down to 1mph below the speed limit, and was about to pull her through the window of her car by her lower lip before theother guy we were riding with caught me at the next light - gave me a second to cool down.

<!--EDIT|tspoole
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116284558 -->

Back