GoPro captured my 'almost final minute'.....close call

Dang Saiid, looks like this backfired in a big way. I get pissed at stuff like this too, have had many special moments with my finger inside the car window of some idiot who just cut me off. Ask Uncle Steve:whistle:.

geez man..seems u kept putting yourself in more danger when all u needed to do was let the throttle go.

PLEASE tell us you dont ride like this on a daily basis?

geez man..seems u kept putting yourself in more danger when all u needed to do was let the throttle go.

PLEASE tell us you dont ride like this on a daily basis?

No I dont. It was a mistake that I regret all the way around.
This thread was gone and now mysteriously back up.

This is another prime example of why I do 5-10(closer to 10)mph faster than the flow of traffic around me. A cop pulls me over I will humbly explain and take the ticket but my life and my family is worth a ticket than getting injured or worse
Posted via Mobile Device

+1000 I try to stay ahead of the traffic as well, if possible.

Ok, For those of you who said the guy gave 5 cycles of his blinker...incorrect. I blew the video up and watched it full screen in youtube and he gave 2 cycles, and was entering Blancas lane during the 3rd cycle. You can see more clearly in the full screen that Blancas lane is moving quite a bit faster than the right lane and the car tries to quickly switch lanes to get around the slow front runner. He probably was day dreaming, or texting, who knows...he was in a hurry and didn't check the blind spot or maybe he did and just decided to cut you off anyway because he's Billy Freakin Bad Azz? Whatever the case may be, I am a new Busa rider and I know how frustrating it can be when car drivers blatantly:banghead: play russian roulette with our lives. I gotta say that Blanca should've just blown past the guy considering what kind of bikes we ride, but I also gotta say I understand why he did what he did. Everybody ride safe, eyes up! :beerchug:

Lifted your jacket and patted yourside... lucky he didn't just say screw it and ram you.

All:

I believe Saiid has publicly said that he regrets his actions on the day in question. Therefore, there is no further reason to post and I respectfully recommend this thread be locked to further posts.

All:

I believe Saiid has publicly said that he regrets his actions on the day in question. Therefore, there is no further reason to post and I recommend this thread be locked to further posts.

+1 :please:

We are all human and do things we regret later.
This does not represent me as a whole but instead a very rare side of me.

we just had a judge...yes a judge go to jail for the exact same thing. was driving on the interstate and 2 young kids started messing with him.. he gets tired of it and flashes his pistol (no never pointed it just showed it). kids take off...but they recognized him reported it and now he is serving 2 yrs.

Tons to say on this subject, but it'll only be what's already been said...always ride defensively and trust no one, period...

Just glad you're OK...

I wish I could carry a sign that said "this citizen is armed, please act accordingly." it would pretty much eliminate crap like this. I know what you felt like Saiid...I've been there. You're trying to diffuse the situation the best and quickest way you know how. It may not be legal, but your heart was in the right place. Too bad Florida isn't open carry.

I wish I could carry a sign that said "this citizen is armed, please act accordingly." it would pretty much eliminate crap like this. I know what you felt like Saiid...I've been there. You're trying to diffuse the situation the best and quickest way you know how. It may not be legal, but your heart was in the right place. Too bad Florida isn't open carry.

In the end VB your right .
Sure I could have let off and avoided the whole thing . In hindsight I see I was wrong on that .
But after that for him to accelerate and be within a car length of me was worrisome .
To stop and oblige him would surely have ended in confrontation neither truly wanted .
I was already doing 20 over in a 40 to try to simply get away and put I past me.
Its when he came alongside with his arm out of the window shouting and yelling that elevated it to a point to where yes I was in fear. It ended , it's gone , lesson learned for both . Road rage never ends happily .

I always take the cool way out: I would have backed off. Tapped the horn. Not a long
inflammatory blast. Motioned him to the shoulder for a rational conversation. Then drag
him out, and perform a Mexican hat dance on his crotch.

I always take the cool way out: I would have backed off. Tapped the horn. Not a long
inflammatory blast. Motioned him to the shoulder for a rational conversation. Then drag
him out, and perform a Mexican hat dance on his crotch.

You had me going there for a moment. :laugh:

:laugh: Blanca's amazing disappearing, reappearing, disappearing, thread. :laugh:

:poke:i see the evidance had been "deleted by poster" :whistle:

get a bike scabbard for that winchester. :rofl:

:laugh: Blanca's amazing disappearing, reappearing, disappearing, thread. :laugh:

:poke:i see the evidance had been "deleted by poster" :whistle:

get a bike scabbard for that winchester. :rofl:

This thread had been moved to holding, discussed between Mod/Min's and put back up. The deleted posts are the discussions.

Blanca put up this thread to share with the class. When you share, you are open to interpretation good or bad. As long as no one is breaking the rules then there is no reason to lock or remove this thread.

Glad you're ok. I can't see the video. Says removed by owner. I carry too and know that there are those times...... (which is why I don't carry often. lol)

This thread had been moved to holding, discussed between Mod/Min's and put back up. The deleted posts are the discussions.

Blanca put up this thread to share with the class. When you share, you are open to interpretation good or bad. As long as no one is breaking the rules then there is no reason to lock or remove this thread.

groovy. :beerchug:

anyway:whistle:

it is really hard to be polite when traffic is trying to kill ya. i once yelled and cussed at a lady driving down the middle of the road, she didn't hear me, so as we stopped at a light i waved her to roll her window down, and VERY nicely asker her "mam, are you alright?" she looked confused til i explaned to her she was swerving down the middle of the road, she said she was on the phone, i said "well mam you almost hit me, maybe you should concentrate on driving as you don't seem to be able to talk and drive at the same time" again being really nice, she said she was really sorry and would do her best to be more aware and talk on the phone later, again stating that she was very sorry.

it was really hard to be nice, looking back im glad she didn't hear me cuss at her as all i wanted to do was express to her how bad she scared me and make her more aware of how (bad) she was driveing.

it is hard, but try it next time yall.

be nice, be real nice, and when all else fails, safely remove yourself from the situation.

I removed the video due to the cussing . I have no problem with criticism and accepting others points of view. While listening to the video and trying to see it from Tufbusas point of view Adam heard it and said 'ooooh daddy you said a bad word' . It was then I asked for it to be taken down . I don't know how to delete the audio from the video with QuickTime so I deleted the whole thing . If anyone wants to tell me how to do this I will have no probs posting it back up . I think I've already said I was wrong about a half dozen times . If y'all want to see 'what not to do' I'm fine with it , I just would prefer for you to not hear it as well.

And Ace as far as the 'nice Christian language' comment goes I'm sure that the next time someone about runs you off the road you will pull up next to them and whisper sweet nothings . :poke:

Back