Funny bike experiences.

pseudo

Donating Member
Registered
I think it was 1997 and I had my Suzuki Katana 750 out for a Sunday drive.

I pulled up to a local 7-11 to gas up, pulled out to the stop light right next to a kid in a Porsche 911. No kidding, he must have been 18 or 19.

I thought to myself, "What the hell is a kid doing with a Porsche like that?"

He rolled down the window an shouted at me, "Lets race!"

I shook my head no and he replied, "You're just afraid I'd make you look bad a$$ hole!"

I'm like, fine, this punk kid really needs to be put in his place. I rev the engine up and smoke my tires. He does the same, the light turns green and I gun it, spinning my tire in place, and he's off like a bat out of hell. He's so concentrated on beating me, that he didn't notice that I never took my hand off the brake, and I begun to move into the intersection at a normal pace. He got about 3 blocks ahead of me when the like a fly on $#!+ a local squad car pulled out of a Wendy's parking lot and pulled him over. It was almost like a scene out of the Dukes of Hazard how the cop ripped out of that parking lot in a cloud of dust.

The thing was, I saw that same cop on the way to the gas station, and knew he was there the entire time. We caught his attention with all the tire smoking and noise we were making down the street and he had his radar gun ready. That kid had to have been going 140 mph when he passed him, in a 35 mph zone no less.

The look of absolute betrayal on his face while I passed him by smiling and flipping him off was priceless. I don't think I've felt that delighted since.

devil.gif
pure evil...but i love it...

Back in '96 i was at the local beach on my CBR600F2 with 3 or 4 friends... we parked the bikes, went for a walk, came back, all started our bikes, chatted for a bit as we geared up... they left, and i was last to leave...... but forgot about my Kryptonite lock on the front disc..... plonk... dropped on it's side with me on top and stalled teh bike. hahahaha quickly picked up the bike, unlocked it and drove off like nothin happened. hahaha. That's my embarassing moment
biggrin.gif
helmets serve dual purpose sometimes
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

Last summer I was riding down the hill in front of my house on my buddy's 2002 sv-650. I was going about 25-30 mph. As I rolled down the hill, I noticed another friend of mine coming up the hill on his vtx1800. I waved at him with my left hand. While I was waving, I was approaching a 3-way intersection where the other direction had a stop sign. A car ran the stop sign and turned right in front of me. I grabbed a hand full of the front brake while my left hand was still in the middle of a friendly wave. I immediately went into a skid and tank slapper which lead to me high siding and going airborn for 25 feet.

I totalled my buddies SV and got some serious rash on my arms and A$$ from sliding down the hill.

It wasn't funny then but I laugh now because all I can remember is the look on my friends face as he passed me on his VTX as I pulled a superman into freshly blacktopped street. The first thing he said when he ran down to me was "Dude....did that suck?"

I don't understand why these stupid people think they can run with a Busa anyways. Love the story bro, bet he won't do that again.

Many years ago I lost a sneaker on my 1100..... That really sucked. They were a new pair of Adidas shells too. I had been wearing them kinda loose. Well I went to upshift and the damn thing slipped right off my foot..... on the Freeway.

I think it was 1997 and I had my Suzuki Katana 750 out for a Sunday drive.

I pulled up to a local 7-11 to gas up, pulled out to the stop light right next to a kid in a Porsche 911. No kidding, he must have been 18 or 19.

I thought to myself, "What the hell is a kid doing with a Porsche like that?"

He rolled down the window an shouted at me, "Lets race!"

I shook my head no and he replied, "You're just afraid I'd make you look bad a$$ hole!"

I'm like, fine, this punk kid really needs to be put in his place. I rev the engine up and smoke my tires. He does the same, the light turns green and I gun it, spinning my tire in place, and he's off like a bat out of hell. He's so concentrated on beating me, that he didn't notice that I never took my hand off the brake, and I begun to move into the intersection at a normal pace. He got about 3 blocks ahead of me when the like a fly on $#!+ a local squad car pulled out of a Wendy's parking lot and pulled him over. It was almost like a scene out of the Dukes of Hazard how the cop ripped out of that parking lot in a cloud of dust.

The thing was, I saw that same cop on the way to the gas station, and knew he was there the entire time. We caught his attention with all the tire smoking and noise we were making down the street and he had his radar gun ready. That kid had to have been going 140 mph when he passed him, in a 35 mph zone no less.

The look of absolute betrayal on his face while I passed him by smiling and flipping him off was priceless. I don't think I've felt that delighted since.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
... stupid rich kids ...

laugh.gif

Many years ago I lost a sneaker on my 1100..... That really sucked. They were a new pair of Adidas shells too. I had been wearing them kinda loose. Well I went to upshift and the damn thing slipped right off my foot..... on the Freeway. [/QUOTE]

So that's where all the shoes come from!
biggrin.gif

I swear I see at leat 5-6 shoes on the road a week, as well as womens panties and other clothing. I find the whole thing baffling.

At the premiere of Star wars III a few months ago, i parked my Busa, put my disk lock on and went for the flic... The problem is i left the key in the ignition (at the OFF position tough).

So at the end of the movie i get up and start looking for my key! I find the keychain with the garage and lock keys but the bike key is nowhere!!!! I walk back to the bike, its right where i left it, nobody touched it!!!!!!!!!!

I felt like a fu**ing moron... Needless to say i double check everytime now!

A couple of years ago I was riding my Magna back from a trip to Deal's Gap/the Blue Ridge Parkway. I hit a little rain shower and tucked my feet up on the passenger pegs to get my legs behind my big touring windshield. 5 minutes later the rain stopped and I put my feet back down only to discover my right peg was gone.

I pulled over and checked the mounting bracket thinking the bolt had worked it's way loose or something, but it was in there nice and tight. It was impossible for it to have worked it's way out then screwed itself back in, so my next thought was that I may have snapped a weld when grinding the pegs through Deal's Gap. I checked the other one and there were no welds. The whole thing was machined from a single thick block of aluminum and had roughly 1" of metal all around the bolt. Would have been impossible to snap that without crashing, plus the bolt wasn't bent at all.

I rode over that stretch of road twice looking for the peg but never found it. I ended up riding the remaining 400 miles home with my foot propped very uncomfortably on the crankshaft cover. To this day I have no idea what happened to that peg. The most logical explanation I can come up with is that a black hole temporarily opened up and sucked it into another dimension.
rock.gif

Oh I will just have to repeat my Viper story here for laughs....

I'm riding out in rural western Illinois....nothing but corn and soybeans. smooth two lane highways...sometimes the streets widen as you get into towns..

I pull through Genoa IL and I pull up to a red light next to a VIPER. Kid inside looked 16..with acne and everything. His girlfriend looked 10 years old (they were holding hands) He rolls down the window and says..."what do we have here---a hayabusa....this will be fun...

I flipped my face shield up and said "what we have here is a mismatch of biblical proportions, I won't even waste the 30 milliliters of gas it will take to smoke your pimply azz. Now go back home to your daddy and tell him to get you a Lamborghini and then we will talk...until then, you should'nt try and show off in front of your little sister...

His look was priceless....I thought he was going to cry....

My second bike back in 1985 was a Suzuki GS850 cruiser.

I start it up and take off never putting up the kick stand.

After about 5 miles of riding with a few right turns I finally make a left onto a major city street at about 15 mph.

The bike kicked like it was hit by a car. After fighting to keep it from going down in front of what looked like the entire population of the city I managed to get control.

I was so embarassed and pissed off that I got out of there as fast as the bike would take me.

I didn't care if I got a speeding ticket. Luckily I didn't.

AAAssjani.gif
evil.gif

Most recently, while not embarassing because no one saw it, I was riding with my favorite shoes, Adio skater shoes. I was nearing a stop, down shifted and went to put my foot down and discovered that the loop of my shoe lace was wrapped around my shifter. Wouldn't come off! With visions of me falling over at a stop, I kept going around in circles while trying to get that lace off the shifter. I finally got it off, but the episode taught me to never wear shoes with laces while riding the Busa again!

Most recently, while not embarassing because no one saw it, I was riding with my favorite shoes, Adio skater shoes.  I was nearing a stop, down shifted and went to put my foot down and discovered that the loop of my shoe lace was wrapped around my shifter.  Wouldn't come off!  With visions of me falling over at a stop, I kept going around in circles while trying to get that lace off the shifter.  I finally got it off, but the episode taught me to never wear shoes with laces while riding the Busa again!
Never wear 'shoes' riding a sport bike. Always wear boots with velcro or buckles. Then you won't have that problem.

It may also help reduce the mystery shoes that psuedo is seeing. I'm not sure about the womens panties. That's still a mystery!
wink.gif

Back