Florida riding gear:

The glock is a nice weapon guys, but are you aware that it will fire OUT of battery? I like the H&K USPs better. NJ.:;):

Same as Jinkster pretty much, but a model 22 Glock (a little harder to conceal, but it's worth it). Pre-ban mags full of pre-ban Talons. What good is an unloaded pistol? Gonna whip someone with it? Pistols aren't for scaring someone, they are for defense. If you don't trust your sidearm loaded, find one you do trust.
Exactly..and provided you ain't the bad guy?...by the time you realize you NEED your sidearm?..you'll already be at a disadvantage time wise...which is no time to stop and play..."Chamber My Non-Chambered Gun"...as you'll be on the list of "Fortunates" just drawing it in time.

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116396506 -->

I am not saying a battery fire couldn't happen, but I watched a demonstration where a Glock 19 was cocked (empty for safety purposes of course), and thrown, beaten, and basically destroyed without the pin dropping. Sold me. I have been carrying mine cocked and ready to rock for quite a few years now through some pretty rough enviroments with no problem. Only complaint is with the delicate factory sights. Never a question of safety.

The glock is a nice weapon guys, but are you aware that it will fire OUT of battery? I like the H&K USPs better. NJ.:;):
Yep...especially if your a scared cop who lacks trigger control and demands that such testing be done after having a AD which resulted in the accidental death of a suspect.

or..

If you're one of the dilweeds who THINKS that they are so freaking fast at double tapping that they went to a dumb@$$ aftermarket titanium firing pin to increase "Lock Time"...which has now peened itself to an oversized condition and is not retracting back into the firing pin hole as it should...I'm not just a former IPSC champion and a shadetree pistol-smith...but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night! LOL!!!

L8R, Bill.
laugh.gif

I change the batteries in mine twice per year. Lots of guns can fire out of battery. How often has that been a problem though?? I'll bet people accidentally shoot themselves in the ass rehostering more often than an out of battery discharge occurs. With the clearance and cutaway in a Glock chamber, I'm suprised it ever happens. Then again someone will probably have a problem at some point with that DAMN .45 GAP round in a .45 acp gun!! LOL!!!

H&K makes beautiful guns. If the P7's didnt' bite the web of my hand I would own and carry one. I really don't care for the trigger pull or feel of the USP's but their level of quality is incredible.

For precision I would prefer an H&K or Sig, but for everyday drag-it-around-and-put -it-up-wet reliability the Glock is my choice and has served me well. I like my model 27 also, but not it's reduced capacity. Sometimes it is nice to have a .40 cal that will fit in the back pocket of your jeans, providing you don't add the pinkie grip floorplate.

<!--EDIT|bronc3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116397261 -->

I am not saying a battery fire couldn't happen, but I watched a demonstration where a Glock 19 was cocked (empty for safety purposes of course), and thrown, beaten, and basically destroyed without the pin dropping. Sold me. I have been carrying mine cocked and ready to rock for quite a few years now through some pretty rough enviroments with no problem. Only complaint is with the delicate factory sights. Never a question of safety.
AMEN! GLOCKS ROCK!

And for those who want to participate in tactical pistol competitions but can not afford a $1500-$3,500 race gun?...Glocks Are The #1 Recommended Choice...and I've watched literally hundreds upon hundreds of ipsc competitors put 100's of Thousands of rounds through their box stock glocks without issue...and the only problem they ever had was the people behind them...some of whom were stupid enough to fire hundreds of rounds of cheap@$$ non-jacketed lead reloads out of their hexogonal hammer fordged barrels...even after the owners manual repeatedly and specifically warned them not to...in BIG BOLD BLACK LETTERS.

If I had to go into the most nightmarish jungle environment this earth could conjur up?...my #1 choice of sidearm would be a glock...it's not even a decision.

For those worried about 'accidental firing' of a sidearm, check out the Walther P99. It's a bit thinner than the standard Glock. It's just as, if not more, accurate than the Glock 27. It's made in 9mm and 40 cal. You can release the firing pin with a round chambered. The firing pin is set when the trigger is pulled. This adds about 2lbs to the trigger pull weight, but that won't matter much when the adrenal gland kicks in!

The grip comes with 3 different backs, so you can adjust the fit to your hand.

I'd post pics, but I'm can't get my camera out for a while yet. My camera bag exceeds my limit by about 15lbs.

beerchug.gif

For those worried about 'accidental firing' of a sidearm, check out the Walther P99.  It's a bit thinner than the standard Glock.  It's just as, if not more, accurate than the Glock 27.  It's made in 9mm and 40 cal.  You can release the firing pin with a round chambered.  The firing pin is set when the trigger is pulled.  This adds about 2lbs to the trigger pull weight, but that won't matter much when the adrenal gland kicks in!

I'd post pics, but I'm can't get my camera out for a while yet.  My camera bag exceeds my limit by about 15lbs.

beerchug.gif
I have big hands and I can just BARELY operate the de-cocker with my right hand. It's impossible without totally changing your grip. Other than that, I find them a very well made gun. A guy I shoot with has one with a Gemtech can on his, doesn't make a peep ;)

The last time I got pulled over (111 in a 55) I had my mod 27 inside the breast pocket of my Joe Rocket.
I don't like carrying around my chest area, especially while riding. If I go down, I don't want broken ribs because of Mr. Ruger. I've tried the type of holster that goes inside your pants, that's uncomfortable for a skinny guy like me and I always have to adjust every time I sit or stand, and that draws unwanted attention. Today though I think I may have solved my comfort problem. I'll try my new method for a few weeks and see how it works.

What good is an unloaded pistol? Gonna whip someone with it? Pistols aren't for scaring someone, they are for defense. If you don't trust your sidearm loaded, find one you do trust.
This is why I like the revolver, squeeze the trigger, it shoots. Don't squeeze the trigger, it doesn't shoot.

Am I the only revolver guy here? Am I just old fashoned or what?

Kev

For those worried about 'accidental firing' of a sidearm, check out the Walther P99.  It's a bit thinner than the standard Glock.  It's just as, if not more, accurate than the Glock 27.  It's made in 9mm and 40 cal.  You can release the firing pin with a round chambered.  The firing pin is set when the trigger is pulled.  This adds about 2lbs to the trigger pull weight, but that won't matter much when the adrenal gland kicks in!

I'd post pics, but I'm can't get my camera out for a while yet.  My camera bag exceeds my limit by about 15lbs.

beerchug.gif
I have big hands and I can just BARELY operate the de-cocker with my right hand.  It's impossible without totally changing your grip.  Other than that, I find them a very well made gun.  A guy I shoot with has one with a Gemtech can on his, doesn't make a peep ;)
The trigger doesn't change position when not cocked, it just increases the pull weight.  You may want to try one at your local gun range, if they have one, to see how it fits and fires for you.

Use what fits you best.

This one is my favorite, but it's a bit heavy for everyday carry:

<!--EDIT|TruWrecks
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116408956 -->

finish_DE_MC.jpg

Kevin is one of those hardcore Southern Babtists....." let me share my love of Christ with you-or I'll blow your head off punk!!!" Very effective but a little over the top, Kev.
Is THAT what you keep adjusting in your pants? I just thought you were happy to ride with me...man, I gotta tell ya, you were freaking me out a little. I feel better now.
biggrin.gif

What good is an unloaded pistol? Gonna whip someone with it? Pistols aren't for scaring someone, they are for defense. If you don't trust your sidearm loaded, find one you do trust.
This is why I like the revolver, squeeze the trigger, it shoots. Don't squeeze the trigger, it doesn't shoot.

Am I the only revolver guy here? Am I just old fashoned or what?

Kev
I gotch-yer back...

H_R35202.JPG
I knew I liked you.

The last time I got pulled over (111 in a 55) I had my mod 27 inside the breast pocket of my Joe Rocket.
Oh yeah, that was a fun ride. I was thinking "this could get interesting" when you got pulled over. You did a great job slowing down to 111 when he got you. The 160 you were doing before you saw the cop would have pushed you from ticketland to straight to jail. Good times!!

Kevin,

Start packin one of these.  You'll make Diesel REEEEALLLY nervous.  

biggunsBlackout.jpg

<!--EDIT|FL Knifemaker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116416988 -->

Back