my accident

Man I dont know there is something to be said for making a citizens arrest because he tried to hit YOU at least thats what you tell the cops. thats attempted murder and a little more serious. So thenyou pick up a big rock drive in front of him and throw it through his windshield. kick his butt. Unfortuantly in a society where insurance pays for everything the only way to teach a-holes right from wrong is a good old fashion asswhoopin. Break a bone or 2 a leg an arm something that will ache every time it rains to remind this buttwod not to repeat his bad activities.
Again, check yer local laws. My understanding is that citizen's arrest only applies to felonies in progress in some jurisdictions. Don't get a false imprisonment charge filed on yer azz tryin' to hold some a-hole till the cops get there.

Again, worth only what it cost ya...  ;)

...Oh, and a note on the ASP baton that was mentioned...  CHECK TO MAKE SURE IT AIN'T AGAINST THE LAWS OF YOUR STATE/CITY/JURISDICTION BEFORE YOU STRAP IT ON TO AVOID CONCEALED/DEADLY/WHATEVER WEAPONS CHARGES!

Just a bit of free advice. Worth only what it cost ya...  :cool:
I am under the impression that so long as it is visible you are in good shape. But then again...

I am getting my CCL here in a little while so that should cover those bases as well.

You may be ok in FL, but all the states make up their own rules. Cali, for one, is usually freakin' harsh with their weapon laws. Since we have such a varying crowd here I still think it's best that anyone interested in carryin' one check their own local laws. Goin' to court and tellin' the judge/jury that Unkle Rev was under the impression that it was ok as long as it was visible prolly ain't gonna get you out of trouble. ;) :laugh:

BT...you have become our on-sight police officer... :)

Thanks for explaining why the guy wasn't ticketed...it makes sense, though it's still very aggravating for the guy with the now wrecked Busa...

Ah, you are wise BT (can you hear the kung foo accent, ha ha).

But really, about the baton, I have a concealed handgun permit but it does not permit carrying a conealed baton which is a weapon, not a handgun. You may want to check your laws in your state to be sure what you can and cannot carry even if you have a so called permit because you may be surprised.

Also, there are some strong penalties for illegally carrying concealed weapons particularly if you are involved in another incident or violation. What I am saying is that lets say you do something stupid and get charged with a misdemeanor, if you also are caught with a concealed weapon, it gets bumped to a felony in many cases. Trust me I know, I took the classes to get my permit.

It ain't worth it. Let it go or if you life is in danger for real, aim (and fire) true with a LEGAL weapon carried LEGALLY. Do you really want a felony record because a guy flipped you off. Makes you as stupid as the dude that did it to you, more stupid actually.

Hmmm, real good point Eak... and self defense is rarely applicable if you follow the guy, bang on his windows, etc... Would be pretty damned silly to be cooling it in the pen because someone flipped you off...
And the difference between Concealed Handgun and weapon... I had not thought of that, I gotta go do some reading...

But really, about the baton, I have a concealed handgun permit but it does not permit carrying a conealed baton which is a weapon, not a handgun. You may want to check your laws in your state to be sure what you can and cannot carry even if you have a so called permit because you may be surprised.

Also, there are some strong penalties for illegally carrying concealed weapons particularly if you are involved in another incident or violation. What I am saying is that lets say you do something stupid and get charged with a misdemeanor, if you also are caught with a concealed weapon, it gets bumped to a felony in many cases. Trust me I know, I took the classes to get my permit.

It ain't worth it. Let it go or if you life is in danger for real, aim (and fire) true with a LEGAL weapon carried LEGALLY. Do you really want a felony record because a guy flipped you off. Makes you as stupid as the dude that did it to you, more stupid actually.
My point exactly... :cool:

You may be ok in FL, but all the states make up their own rules. Cali, for one, is usually freakin' harsh with their weapon laws. Since we have such a varying crowd here I still think it's best that anyone interested in carryin' one check their own local laws. Goin' to court and tellin' the judge/jury that Unkle Rev was under the impression that it was ok as long as it was visible prolly ain't gonna get you out of trouble.  ;)  :laugh:
I've already got my concealed permit in FL (FL CCW allows handguns, batons, knives, knuckles, chemical spray, tazer, etc.. - I know in GA with my FL CCW I'm only allowed handguns).. but I believe Rev is right here.. as long as it is displayed it's not a concealed weapon. :)
You're right about the Republik of Kalifornia.. my Glock 27 is too small to be legal in LA since it fits within a certain size box.. rediculous gun laws that don't solve anything except allow a false sense of security for the voters. Criminals are still going to get and use weapons illegally while lawful victims are left without a means to protect themselves.
si.

as far as the weapons go, i had my beretta 32 in my pocket, and it almost came out, if only just to break the window, but i didnt feel like taking it to yhe next level and even if i was found justifiable, i still would have spent the wekend in jail on my birthday

I try to just leave that stuff alone. I have a side that I keep burried for good reason. Shake it off, next time it might be a 4X4 with a pipe bumper, and you won't be so lucky.

Rev,

Get your CCW. FL is fairly easy. Go to any gun show and they have the class, take you to the range, and you are prety much done. Unless you have a DD214, like I do, then all you do is get finger printed, fill out the app., and send it in. Tampa has a gun show at the State Fair grounds several times a year. I bought a 9mm and a .375sig, over there a year ago last spring. If you have your CCW there is no wait and you can take it with you.

Later,

Steve

what if he had a gun when you walked up to his car? at that point you are the aggressor you would have been shot for nothing. its not worth it.

I try to just leave that stuff alone.  I have a side that I keep burried for good reason.  Shake it off, next time it might be a 4X4 with a pipe bumper, and you won't be so lucky.

Rev,

Get your CCW.  FL is fairly easy.  Go to any gun show and they have the class, take you to the range, and you are prety much done.  Unless you have a DD214, like I do, then all you do is get finger printed, fill out the app., and send it in.  Tampa has a gun show at the State Fair grounds several times a year.  I bought a 9mm and a .375sig, over there a year ago last spring.  If you have your CCW there is no wait and you can take it with you.

Later,

Steve
Yeah I do have my DD214, I didn't know that made a difference, I have the paper work at home, I really should get on it.

It would be nice to carry legally for a change.

yeah... but the fact is that this guy insulted you, he deliberately tried to hit you and it is a bad driving conduct. I thought in the States that would be punished!! Of course you'll have to go to court but that SOAB deserves it. Oh well, if you let him go now, maybe tomorrow he could do that to someone else... and maybe this time with worse consequences than broken body work and bended forks...
Consider the chance of punishing the MF. :mad:

I thought in the States that would be punished!!
It can be brought to court, but the victim has to initiate it through the warrant process. The cops can't just go around arresting people based solely on another's word, and that is fortunate. Anyone could accuse anyone of anything and have them thrown in the slammer if it wasn't that way.

If the cops don't see what happened and don't have enough evidence to establish probable cause to arrest someone, they SHOULD NOT take anybody to jail. It works exactly the way it SHOULD to reduce risk jailing innocent people.

I know that this is hard to understand when you are a true victim and you want justice, but if you think about it from another point of view, you'll see why it is absolutely the right way to handle things. Let's say that some a-hole gets mad at you in traffic. He decides to get on his cell phone and call the cops on you.

He tells them that you tried to ram his vehicle with yers and that when he stopped, you grabbed him and pulled him out of his car and threatened him. You've done nothing. The police arrive to investigate and get his made up story. Do you think that they should go on this alleged victim's word alone and lock yer ass up? Of course not. That would be absurd, right?

So, if the cop doesn't know who's right in that case, then how is he supposed to know who's tellin' the truth when it's you that is the victim? There is no magic ball that tells officers who is tellin' the truth. The only things that can tilt the situation in one's favor are evidence and witnesses. Without those two things, it's word against word with no way for the officer to know who's right.

It would truly be a sad state of affairs if one person could have another person arrested on the spot by simply making an accusation, right or not. Not a world I wanna live in!

No, But let some pathetic AHole that feels you cut him off on the way to The Denver Museum of Natural History swing by the local Bear Den and tell them you waved a gun at him.  This pathetic geek (Oddly Enough in a Gold Saturn) Followed me and the wife for about 15 miles, I was on my way to the Museum so I figured fine dude, follow me and see what happens when we get there.  Well he follows then turns off once he sees where I am going, and tells the cops that I waved a gun at him.  
  Of course I am at the Museum having a fine time, though we showed up at like 4 so we only had an hour.  Well, on the way out of the museum I notice two marked units sitting on the other side of the parking lot a ways away, I didn't think anything of it.  I get in (MY MOM's Car) and put it in reverse when I look over my shoulder I see that some dickweed has blocked me in with his big ole' Caprice POS.  I honk, and motion for him to move his ass...he shakes his head and motions for me to come there...Now I am really irritated, one bobo head after another I am thinking... ;) (Now to set the stage this was prior military and I had Dyed Jet black hair to the middle of my back, a dark goatee, and I am wearing a black leather coat.  I don't look real friendly)
   So I get out of the car and start approaching the car in a hurry, I figure if he wants a problem, I'll trap him in his car and beat him silly...Well he pops out wearing crap clothes, pulls a gun, points it at me and for the second time in my life I tell the guy to shoot, scream at him to F'n shoot or put it away...Then he yells POLICE and for me to turn around...Well as this is all happening about (No BS) six other units including the two marked converge on me and my mom's little Camry.  
 Well now I am pissed off and confused...WTF?.. but there are now about 4 cops pointing guns in uniform so I figure they must be legit.  Now I am REALLY confused...I don't even have a pen knife on me.  So I start listening and following instructions, Down on my face blah blah blah.  The wife is really starting to wonder what the hell is going on and they wont let her out of the car...   :)
  They explain what is going on and I start laughing...Cause the dude who was following me had caused all of this...  They search me, they search the car...find NOTHING.  Meanwhile I had a seat on the detectives hood...(ground was cold) CUFFS were colder... But the first cop who had drawn his gun on me didn't like that either He said "you waved the Umbrella at the guy didn't you!"  Yeah Assault, with a deadly umbrella bobo head...but they kept playing twenty questions, even though they had searched freaking everwhere... It had been about an hour, I told them I had had enough, and I needed to be going and to take the cuffs off or arrest me...It was pretty cool, cause they pretty much have to let you go.  No more probable cause, and no unreasonable delay.   Off come the cuffs, I start to leave but they are still all a twitter.  They threaten, they nag, they bitch, but there is nothing for them to do.  I tell em' nice work...I Get in and leave...Kinda messed up.  

Point is even without ANY evidence, they may not be able to arrest you, but they can sure cause a BIG scene...  :D   Hell I was allmost flatered that I rated that many COPS.  The Big problem was that the Museum is in a kinda rough area, and all the COPS were Gang Unit Cops.  (CRASH UNIT) Something? I think the little pins said, So I think they tend to run pretty hot.  I just have a real issue with having guns pointed at me....I'll tell you all the College Shotgun to the head story sometime....

Sorry for the book, folks....

Another a-hole thing to do is they get yer tag number and a description on the Interstate, get off at an exit, use a payphone to call 911 and tell them that they were just car jacked and threatened with a gun, give 'em a description of you, yer car and yer tag number, a direction of travel, tell them to get the cops out there NOW and hang up.

The poor bastid in the cage that was supposedly carjacked faces somethin' similar to what Rev did and the a-hole drives by and gets the satisfaction of seein' it all without the cops even knowin' who called it in.  :super:

Ya know? If this wasn't so fuggin' stupid and dangerous it would be a funny way of dealin' with the cagers that deliberately run at bikers. The chance of costin' someone their life is just too great tho. And if they put together enough to prove it was you, you'd be fugged with a capital "F"! :eek: Better to follow proper procedure if yer a victim of an idiot!

Oh thats a dangerous tip the Bulletrain...I have to remember that...:D

Yeah, I thought about that after I posted. Not suggesting it at all, just lettin' folks know what could be pulled on 'em. I prolly couldn't even begin to tell you how much shid you'd be in if you tried this and got caught. Prolly lookin' at felony charges and possibly on a federal level. :eek:

Back