GoPro captured my 'almost final minute'.....close call

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Was going for a ride this morning. Had planned on going all the around Lake Okeechobee.
This happened less than 5 mins into it, not more than a mile from my house. Really ruined the whole thing for me.
It is the closest I've come to being run over/off the road.
Puts his blinker on and just moves over.
I beep beep and nothing, then wick it up to about 10,000rpms and he still keeps coming over. (His window was open and I could hear no music so I know he heard me)
I had to go into turn lane to avoid getting hit !

I'll apologize now for any language you may hear. I had the sealed door on the GoPro but I guess I was yelling just a lil bit.
So after he almost kills me I go around car in front of me and speed up from 40 (speed limit) to 60 or so just to get away.
Now he's right on my tail. So I move over and he comes up next to me and flips me the bird !!!!!!!!
I lost it, sorry. He's waiving for me to stop,tellin me to pull over yelling some stupid crap.
I simply lifted my jacket and patted my side and he locked it up and turned right asap.
Good thing I didnt listen to him. He'd be dead and I'd be in jail....

Just Fn pissed me off. I made it about 20mins west when the heavens opened up and I just turned around. Wasn't my day..

AGAIN WARNING ON BLANCA LOSING HIS TEMPER AND TONGUE.
(didnt think the GoPro would hear it)
This is the prime reason I have it on bike at all times to capture what may happen.

*Whew* Glad you made it out of that one okay man!

On another note even if we (Canada) were allowed to 'carry' I still wouldn't. That kind of stuff happens on a daily basis & I know mentally I'm not stable enough because if that were me, buddy would've had his wheels (and/or area's) shot all the heck up.

Can't see the video here at work but it sounds like under Michigans' law you could be charged with felony brandishing, but......sure beats some of the alternatives. Definately requires self-control carrying and riding around town with azzwipes. Too many will run ya over without thinking about it.

Yeah I'm just glad your ok man.

You should straight kicked his door or one of his windows in
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes I lost it .
I thought he was comin up to apologize ?
He comes up and flips me off and then wants me to pull over ?
All kinds of hand motions to me like I did something wrong .
At this point I was starting to worry cuz we're moving and he's sped up to catch me and doing threatening things to me by cussing and waving .
Yes it was wrong to show him but I honestly think if I hadn't been carrying I prolly would have stopped and bashed him .
So in a weird way carrying made me think and just ride on .

Last edited:
Blanca, I see this in an entirely different view. I counted five cycles of the blinker before you reached the vehicle. YOU could have avoided the entire incident simply by closing the throttle for a couple of seconds. Not even a need for brakes!

Could the cager have been more courteous, sure. Looking in his mirror you were several car lengths behind him when he decided to change lanes. He gave you lots of room, it was you that closed the door and lost your cool because he only gave you five blinker cycles advanced notice of his move. I'd guess your closing speed was about 15 mph? How was he to know you were speeding? :dunno:

I don't know about Florida but here you are required only 3 cycles of the blinker before changing lanes.

IMHO, "Totally uncalled for"! :rulez:

Yo Bro :poke:

Lighten up, it's not worth it, just spoils the pleasure and raises the frustration level, all for nothing.

Cagers don't always see us, easier to live and let live, compared to getting all worked up.

The wife and I just returned on a 400 mile round trip, NC-VA-NC, got caught in the rain, but loved every minute. Every time she sees a cager at an intersection or light right turn, I get a reminder by her tapping my waist. We always ride defensive and keep our cool.

I'm glad you're okay, but emergency maneuvers are part of admission to the game. People 'lean' into my lane often because I'm coming up on them way faster than a car. As a rider I always try to prepare for unattentive cagers.

Question, based on Tufbusa's statement, do you feel that the Aztec driver infringed on the open area in front of you, or did he cut you off with his turn signal on?

Hah I definitely see plenty of time to grab brakes and make it out no problem. These bikes brake so fast, no reason it should have been that close. It just looks like two egos collided. Better than two objects in motion colliding. Glad you're alive.

Blanca, I see this in an entirely different view. I counted five cycles of the blinker before you reached the vehicle. YOU could have avoided the entire incident simply by closing the throttle for a couple of seconds. Not even a need for brakes!

Could the cager have been more courteous, sure. Looking in his mirror you were several car lengths behind him when he decided to change lanes. He gave you lots of room, it was you that closed the door and lost your cool because he only gave you five blinker cycles advanced notice of his move. I'd guess your closing speed was about 15 mph? How was he to know you were speeding? :dunno:

I don't know about Florida but here you are required only 3 cycles of the blinker before changing lanes.

Tuf I can agree with you to a point .
But pay attn to car in front of me before incident .
I am not closing on it but could have let off .

After that to have accelerated around car and come up alongside me was what worried me. Thought he was gonna throw something or hit me.

I know I can't help myself sometimes even when I could have avoided it. In my younger days I had many roadside excursions, but When I was 22 I had a guy pull a crow bar on me, so I pulled a knife, DEAD in front of a State Trooper. That didn't end good for either of us. BIG charges........NEVER again for me, unless I have to. However something happens when on my bike, I take it WAY to personal !!

Glad that was all that happened Brother.

On a side note, LAKE Okeechobee...you are soooo lucky, I love Bass fishing & you're in the Bass fishing Mecca!!

Last edited:
I'm glad you're okay, but emergency maneuvers are part of admission to the game. People 'lean' into my lane often because I'm coming up on them way faster than a car. As a rider I always try to prepare for unattentive cagers.

Question, based on Tufbusa's statement, do you feel that the Aztec driver infringed on the open area in front of you, or did he cut you off with his turn signal on?

Driver was stuck behind slower traffic and wanted over.
Time to grab the brakes as Tuf says . Yes most likely after seeing it in video .
To do it again i could have let off.
Real life on the gopro it looks faster.
My lane is moving and other guys wasn't .

I'm a bike and get no respect so be just went over . I wasn't speeding. I was following along at same speed as car in front of me . We went from 40 to 60 and he was still right behind me . So at this point he has continued it not me . He was right on my tail .

Driver was stuck behind slower traffic and wanted over.
Time to grab the brakes as Tuf says . Yes most likely after seeing it in video .
To do it again i could have let off.
Real life on the gopro it looks faster.
My lane is moving and other guys wasn't .

I'm a bike and get no respect so be just went over . I wasn't speeding. I was following along at same speed as car in front of me . We went from 40 to 60 and he was still right behind me . So at this point he has continued it not me . He was right on my tail .

I would have been okay with the first part (happens WAY to often, I'm used to it), BUT when he came up on the side of you....I would have went into auto pilot ..

After getting home and seeing the video I'm a little worried about ya....Rule #1 is don't play chicken with the cages!!! Sure he came over on ya but you had every chance to avoid a confrontation-which is rule #2-Avoid confrontation with cagers at all costs! Even if I feel threatened I would never show I was carrying with traffic that light, a little throttle and the threat is eliminated. And Rule #3, Don't ever threaten to use it unless you're ready to use it-if the other guy was carrying and you show it he has every right to pull it and use it-and he's in a much better position use it quickly and accurately. We had a case go down like that here recently. And the guy probably could of freaked and cut the wheel on ya and got away with it. Think about it. It just ain't worth it. Now had you backed off and seen the guy was on a cell, then ya safely get up next to him and blast him, verbally, of course. Oh, and beautful picture from the GoPro!

Last edited:
I would have been okay with the first part (happens WAY to often, I'm used to it), BUT when he came up on the side of you....I would have went into auto pilot ..

I feel the same way. Some people are just stupid. Glad you are OK anyway

Kinda what I saw too:(

:thumbsup: Glad you are ok sorry for the road rage but when I cager does me the courtesy of using the blinker ( which inFL is rare) I make it worth his while by letting him in. :hide:

Sorry of we don't see eye to eye on this one. :(

Back