Funny bike experiences.

Most embarrasing and painful, but kinda funny. I wish I had a video camera taping it:

I'm beebopping my way home on the Busa taking a back roads route to avoid the freeway. I missed a turn, so I pull up to the next corner to make a right turn (to get back on route). The turn is sharper than 90 deg, so I start turning the Busa as I stop. I put both feet down as the bike stopped. Tha Busa starting leaning over more than I was ready for. My right foot was on gravel (at the shoulder of the road) and started sliding as the Busa went even further down. I couldn't stop it. The Busa took me down with it. The landing didn't hurt, but the herniated disc in my back was less than fun.

Okay, the event wasn't funny, but it must have looked hilarious as I slowly tipped over on the Bright Red shiny beast, like I fell asleep or something!

Ride Smart. Stop Smarter!
biggrin.gif

A couple of years ago I was riding my Magna back from a trip to Deal's Gap/the Blue Ridge Parkway. I hit a little rain shower and tucked my feet up on the passenger pegs to get my legs behind my big touring windshield. 5 minutes later the rain stopped and I put my feet back down only to discover my right peg was gone.

I pulled over and checked the mounting bracket thinking the bolt had worked it's way loose or something, but it was in there nice and tight. It was impossible for it to have worked it's way out then screwed itself back in, so my next thought was that I may have snapped a weld when grinding the pegs through Deal's Gap. I checked the other one and there were no welds. The whole thing was machined from a single thick block of aluminum and had roughly 1" of metal all around the bolt. Would have been impossible to snap that without crashing, plus the bolt wasn't bent at all.

I rode over that stretch of road twice looking for the peg but never found it. I ended up riding the remaining 400 miles home with my foot propped very uncomfortably on the crankshaft cover. To this day I have no idea what happened to that peg. The most logical explanation I can come up with is that a black hole temporarily opened up and sucked it into another dimension.
rock.gif
Black holes explain most unexplained things I have found.
smile.gif

But for real, that's creepy.

Many years ago I lost a sneaker on my 1100..... That really sucked. They were a new pair of Adidas shells too. I had been wearing them kinda loose. Well I went to upshift and the damn thing slipped right off my foot..... on the Freeway.

So that's where all the shoes come from! View attachment 645409

I swear I see at leat 5-6 shoes on the road a week, as well as womens panties and other clothing. I find the whole thing baffling.[/QUOTE]
Note to self: stop throwing panties randomly out the window.

Back