Kidney stone...ouch!

Well, here I go again....this time it is the left kidney....why do these things always seem to happen in the middle of the night....

I had a morphine prescription from the last time and took a couple of those.....sadly they are starting to wear off..

I've been drinking water and fruit juice quite a bit but I guess I just have the disposition to get these pesky beggars....

To think of all the years I spend de-hydrated in a desert somewhere only to start getting these now..

Well, here I go again....this time it is the left kidney....why do these things always seem to happen in the middle of the night....

I had a morphine prescription from the last time and took a couple of those.....sadly they are starting to wear off..

I've been drinking water and fruit juice quite a bit but I guess I just have the disposition to get these pesky beggars....

To think of all the years I spend de-hydrated in a desert somewhere only to start getting these now..
Ouch!!

I'm just seeing this. As someone who has had these since my 20s.

Do the best you can to catch it. They have little screens you can buy for it.

If you can catch it, they can see what's it's made of. And then they can give you meds to counteract the composition of it.

I have about 8 of them that are now small enough they don't really go anywhere now

Mine are in a deformation in my kidney. It's like the part of the creek where all the sand settles as the water turns a corner. The water never moves them. It just goes around.

I used to get them about 3 times a year for awhile. I felt every tiny bit of movement. It felt like I was passing a pineapple! It took HOURS at the least. Sometimes days worth of hours.

Exercise actually helps move them along!

I haven't passed one in about 5 years now. I thank my Urologist.

Pee in a sieve at home every pee you do.

Or go to an ER. They can pressurize you. You will pass it! They will catch it. And they give you lots of pain meds.

If you're really lucky, it will be a nice sweet nurse that helps.

Tell your wife she has nothing to worry about. You will have NO carnal desires!!!!

I'm just seeing this. As someone who has had these since my 20s.

Do the best you can to catch it. They have little screens you can buy for it.

If you can catch it, they can see what's it's made of. And then they can give you meds to counteract the composition of it.

I have about 8 of them that are now small enough they don't really go anywhere now

Mine are in a deformation in my kidney. It's like the part of the creek where all the sand settles as the water turns a corner. The water never moves them. It just goes around.

I used to get them about 3 times a year for awhile. I felt every tiny bit of movement. It felt like I was passing a pineapple! It took HOURS at the least. Sometimes days worth of hours.

Exercise actually helps move them along!

I haven't passed one in about 5 years now. I thank my Urologist.

Pee in a sieve at home every pee you do.

Or go to an ER. They can pressurize you. You will pass it! They will catch it. And they give you lots of pain meds.

If you're really lucky, it will be a nice sweet nurse that helps.

Tell your wife she has nothing to worry about. You will have NO carnal desires!!!!
I've had two so far in all my years (other than this one) and both of those were within a month of each other....

I believe I passed this one as I have no more pain thankfully....

I feel your pain but mine was a Gull Bladder. That's the most pain I've felt in my life, more than breaking my leg, or knee. Some say giving birth is worst but all I know morphine was my friend. Years prior to the attack and operation everytime I take my GS to the track when leaning over the tank staging my bike I would feel a little pain.

Now when leaning on the tank no more pain so that's my advice if you feel something going on in the middle of your body but really can't pinpoint the pain.

PS Hope you get better soon ! plus look on the bright side it's not Summer riding time yet.

I hope this is the end of it for you. Sounds crazy painful......wish you the best bee.
Wishing you pass it soon.Good luck.
Seems today is a better day....

Yesterday wasn't....I have a very high tolerance for pain and have been trained to alleviate the effects of pain but I'll tell you, this 215lb man was on the floor in the fetal position and then hurling from the pain in the bathroom......that's when the wife stepped in and said she's starting her car to take me to the ER....

On the way there was a lot of teeth gritting going on...once I got there, of course the pain subsided and slowly disappeared...reminded me of a vehicle that made a noise up to taking it into the dealership and then nothing...

Had one years ago when I quit drinking soda. Imagine that trying to be healthy.

I was on the floor in pain when my wife found me unable to speak other than to say hospital. Morphine did nothing. Dilauded finally took it away. Had to have it broken up sonically. Then managed to pass the last bit the day before surgery to remove it.

Pain like nothing I’ve felt before.

My daughter‘s friend is in the hospital awaiting a gall bladder removal. As I mentioned before it’s quite similar to a kidney stone. Had my bladder removed and the bile duct. My real problem was an infection about a week after. Back in the hospital for a few days…I hate hospitals. Good luck soldier!

My daughter‘s friend is in the hospital awaiting a gall bladder removal. As I mentioned before it’s quite similar to a kidney stone. Had my bladder removed and the bile duct. My real problem was an infection about a week after. Back in the hospital for a few days…I hate hospitals. Good luck soldier!
I hate hospitals as well but they are an interesting place to "people watch" there are some very interesting characters that come into these places

Back