Kidney stone

Lil guy Big Busa

Registered
Going through my first one started monday, still have not passed it yet, this is by far the worst pain I've ever experienced, anybody ever had one, and happen to know how to get it out quicker, I've been to the er, and I've got a pile of pain meds, my cat scan showed it being about 3mm in size

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Had my first and only one last year, while i was riding! Riding buddy took me to ER where i was there for 6 hours. I took my Meds and rode home 120 miles. Took 3 days for it to pass. I feel your pain bro. Nothing to do but take the meds, sleep and pee.

Where did they say the stone was? Kidney, ureter, bladder? Drink Plenty of water and Cranberry juice..

I had my first a couple of years back, both about 3mm in size. I left work and drove to the hospital (big mistake, almost passed out a few times), had a boatload of meds, then went home and waited with Loracet and Flomax on a heating pad for two weeks until they passed.

At 3mm, they're not likely to do anything more than medicate you and tell you to wait for them to pass. Worst pain of my life, so I can relate and wish you the speediest possible passage.

On the bright side, it's gonna feel great when they're gone!

had a couple. unfortunately nothing you can do but wait it out. once it gets to your bladder the pain will pass. its going through the ureter that causes the pain.

for what its worth to those who have never had one. recently my wife got one and she said it was worse than having kids. ouch!

I have a friend who has gone through it twice. The second one was worse. He says now if he ever had to go through it again, he would choose death. I can't imagine something that painful.

I have had a few of them also. The last one I could never pass so they had to go up their and get it :laugh: That was no fun at all! I hope you pass it soon I feel you pain. They say it's the man's pain that a woman goes through having a baby. Good luck

I have had a few of them also. The last one I could never pass so they had to go up their and get it :laugh: That was no fun at all! I hope you pass it soon I feel you pain. They say it's the man's pain that a woman goes through having a baby. Good luck

Yea i've been in the OR in the cysto room and the metal probe they use to go up and get it is not pretty site.. I can only imagine what you must have gone through..

Tip for ya. Hydrate.

..my Doc noted to me that they can form due to dehydration. Mine came on the 3rd day of all day rides in the summer Sun. Drank more soda and coffee than water. So now when i ride i drink lots of plain water.

Wow I am so sorry man... Cannot be fun. I pray for it to be over quick :please:
Good luck man... Drink tons of water...

better hope u pass that thing or they may have to go the other couple routes, 1 is ok the other is not...

I am the unfortunately the undisputed king of kidney stones. I had one about 15 years ago that got hung and I got an infection had to have surgery (how does "they have to go get it up an existing orifice" sound to you?). Feels like someones jumping up and down on your privates, don't it?

10 years later I find out they have come back with a vengance, several in both kidneys. They will only work on one side at a time. I had 8 surgeries in 2006 and several more in 07 to get ride of the stones and residual peices (I have a pill bottle full of leftovers at home - it's very disconcerting to feel one come out...). Believe me, if you can pass it naturally it's MUCH better than surgery/catheter/stint I PROMISE.

We found out I had a hyperparathyroid which was putting excess calcium into my system; had to have surgery to remove that in addition to the kidney stone surgeries. I am now on meds to try and prevent them from forming again; it usually takes a couple of years to form one.

Usually, if you can get them to your bladder, they will pass (unless they get stuck at the exit point, which can be excruiating). There is some meds for that to help keep the pain down so you can pass them.

Best thing you can do is hydrate. Drink so you have to pee all the time will help flush it out.

Lastly, once you get one, it's a signal that you will always be susceptiable to getting them again. They show up on an x-ray i hope you only have one.

my first and only stone was to big to pass. Nothing to do but get a stent shoved up my .... then a week later I sat in the tub for my litho. I still had to pass the broken stone which took some time as well. I still remember the pain every time I had to go. I had to go every two hours max. It didn't matter if I did or didn't want to go, my body would just release and cause more pain. I don't wish a stone on any one.

Yea it still had not come out yet, I'm dreading it the the pain off it going through my ureter was horrible

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Back