Update on my kidney stones

djsin

Lily's Daddy
Registered
OK so those of you who I talked to at the bash no that while on the way down to the bash I ended up in the ER in Ohio, a 4 hour delay some nubain, phenegrin and some toradol later we decided to continue to the bash, arriving at 6 am friday morning with no sleep I might add..

anyway..I JUST LOVE YOU GUYS THAT MUCH!...pretty much the whole time i was there I was in excruciating pain and it effected my riding abilities and my out going personality wasnt able to shine like it does when I feel 100%.....so anyway yesterday I finally got my urologist appoinment and he showed me my 7 mm kidney stone allready loged in my ureter....(SO I KNOW WHAT THAT MENT) they are going to put a pen size scop with a laser attached to it up my who ha and try to break it up, and after that piece of lovely ness, i get to have anouther stint put in for 2 weeks...so sambusa stop wining about needles and colostrial..LOL anyway My surgery is this tuesday 5/5/2009 at 10:15 am at the South Bend clinic Surgicenter....wish me luck...my busa still needs surgery too(LOL).... Anyway while I was there I didnt get a chance to say hi to a few people I had been wanting to meet, like Sam, Angela, Randy and a few others...i did get to meet Jules and kevin though it was very brief...and I rode with trekfuel(lonni) and my 2 friends the whole time i was there...anyway I plan on going again hopefully with no kidney stones next time....looking back at my pictures you can tell I was in pain
:please:

gap (26).jpg

gap (31).jpg

gap (34).jpg

100_1112.jpg

Last edited:
Hope that gets taken care of on Tuesday. Glad you toughed it out for all of us! :laugh:

Dang it, I dont ever want anything shoved up my who ha. I hope you get to feeling better, and it was good to meet and ride with you. I wish I could have done more for you when you went down.

Dang it, I dont ever want anything shoved up my who ha. I hope you get to feeling better, and it was good to meet and ride with you. I wish I could have done more for you when you went down.
no problem i was just glad to get my leg out from under the bike..lol from now on the only going down i plan on doing is .... well you get the picture
:laugh:

Hope all goes well and they get it all taken care of. Hopefully I'll be able to make it to the fall bash and get a chance to meet and ride with ya. Good luck brother.

sorry, but when I read that they were gonna use lasers to break up the rocks,ataris asteroids came to mind. hopefully you'll have a speedy recovery:beerchug:

you whimp. Cant handel a little kidney stone.. J/K I have had 2 stones in the past the first one I went to the ER got a shot and a RX for pills. Went home passed it 2 days later. was like 3mm from what i was told. MAN DID IT HURT.

Next time I was sitting at work after a call when I felt it coming on. Called my supervisor told him to get my shift covered or Medic 12 was gonna be out of service in 30 min. Did not go to the ER on this one. My thinking was all I am gonna get is some shot and pills. Went home and 3 hours later I was butt ass naked on the bath room floor crying like a baby when it passed. Jessica actualy called 911. Good thing I had a radio to cancel the ambulance. My supervisor still showed up tho.

Hope you get to feeling better. I cant fathom ridding with a kidney stone much less driving from Ohio to NC

Dude, there's nobody on this board that's had more stones than me; I'm the poster child for kidney stones, unfortunately.

Had some about 10 years ago requiring a basket extraction (for those of you uninformed, that mean sticking something up one of your existing orifices - take a wild guess - and dragging it out); a novel experience that I'd only wish on a few of my enemies. And pulling out the catheter yourself a few days later is an experience to be savored - NOT.

Anyway, I went about 10 years, then got them again. I had 8 surgeries in 2006 to get them all out (more basket extractions). I even had one that was so big, they punched a hole in my side to get it out that way. I have had my own personal machine gun - potty version - I've got a pill bottle full of stones that I've passed. Good drugs are your best friend.

later found out I had a hyperparathyroid (look it up) that was raising my blood calcium and was helping cause the stones (and had to have ANOTHER surgery for that).

The bottom line is, once you've had stones, that means your body produces them, and it always will, some quicker than others. You can change your diet to reduce the cause (and drink a crapload of water), but in all likelyhood you are going to get to relive this experience again, sometime. Have them check your blood calcuim for elevated levels; if my Dr. had done that 10 years ago i might have dealt with it then....

Cough hard and cancel the appointment. Good luck and no we don't need a cartoon :laugh:

Sorry to hear, good luck on the surgery.

i feel your pain, i get the damn things frequently myself, good luck on your surgery and that stint, just talking about it brings a tear to my eye..

Dude, there's nobody on this board that's had more stones than me; I'm the poster child for kidney stones, unfortunately.

Had some about 10 years ago requiring a basket extraction (for those of you uninformed, that mean sticking something up one of your existing orifices - take a wild guess - and dragging it out); a novel experience that I'd only wish on a few of my enemies. And pulling out the catheter yourself a few days later is an experience to be savored - NOT.

Anyway, I went about 10 years, then got them again. I had 8 surgeries in 2006 to get them all out (more basket extractions). I even had one that was so big, they punched a hole in my side to get it out that way. I have had my own personal machine gun - potty version - I've got a pill bottle full of stones that I've passed. Good drugs are your best friend.

later found out I had a hyperparathyroid (look it up) that was raising my blood calcium and was helping cause the stones (and had to have ANOTHER surgery for that).

The bottom line is, once you've had stones, that means your body produces them, and it always will, some quicker than others. You can change your diet to reduce the cause (and drink a crapload of water), but in all likelyhood you are going to get to relive this experience again, sometime. Have them check your blood calcuim for elevated levels; if my Dr. had done that 10 years ago i might have dealt with it then....
this is my second time in 6 years...first was similar experience, stint and drugs then too, but was much smaller, and no laser...on the cool factor though I have the cd with my cat scan pictures....

Last edited:
well look at it this way atleast with the stint my aim will be a bit better
:rofl:

i hate that your Bash was interrupted by the stones...my dad had a couple about 20 years ago and it made a lasting impression on me...he is a pretty tough guy but those things had him wishing he had never been born...i try to make sure i drink plenty of water and then have one more cup just to be sure...i hope you can get rid of this batch and never have them again

Back