Back from the ER...

Man-o-man, you guys are killing this guy before it even starts...
lurk.gif

Had 3 last year. Different times. I tacked it back to a multi-vitamin combo that I was taking everyday. I quite taking them and the stone haven't come back yet. Calcium and sugar are not real kind to kidneys.

The wasn't so bad. I only had one time I started sweating like I was going into shock. The rest of the time I was only doubled over, and I have a fairly high pain tolerance.

Did it feel like someone punched you in the back of the kidneys? That's a sign when you have a stone developing and trying to move out of the kidney.

I have never had them but guys i work with have and they say its a mother, very painful. Good luck with them.

Had a roommate pass one many years ago. I thought the poor bastard was going to die on me. Scared the ever-living hell outta me. He was conscious enough to demand that I not call an ambulance because he had no insurance. Evidently, he'd had them before and knew what was going on. I've never seen a human being suffer that much. Three days of agony.

Afterward, he told me that a doctor years earlier had told him that it's the closest a man will ever get to knowing the pain of childbirth. Scary crap. And yeah, once you've had 'em, you'll be prone to getting them again.

Hope you feel better soon, man. I don't envy you in the least.

--Wag--
so you saying if you have them once you are likely to have them again?

Had a roommate pass one many years ago. I thought the poor bastard was going to die on me. Scared the ever-living hell outta me. He was conscious enough to demand that I not call an ambulance because he had no insurance. Evidently, he'd had them before and knew what was going on. I've never seen a human being suffer that much. Three days of agony.

Afterward, he told me that a doctor years earlier had told him that it's the closest a man will ever get to knowing the pain of childbirth. Scary crap. And yeah, once you've had 'em, you'll be prone to getting them again.

Hope you feel better soon, man. I don't envy you in the least.

--Wag--
so you saying if you have them once you are likely to have them again?
That's what I've heard. Something about a genetic predisposition.

--Wag--

Back from the urologist this morning. He says that according to his interpretation of the CT scan, the severe pain i was experiencing was from me actually passing my stone. I do have multiple stones in both kidneys I will have to contend with, but he said with my age (25) and my health, we will not do anything invasive at this time.

One stone on the scan to him appears to be about 3mm in diameter. BIG ONE!! Can't wait for that one too pass. So in the meantime, i will reluctantly return to work tomorrow morning and continue to take Toradol for any pain since it is non-narcotic.

Thanks for all the wishes and support guys/gals. Seems like it will be a long road ahead. Will continue to keep everyone updated. Lets just hope this doesnt keep me from the MnG in June!

There are things to avoid with stones. Coffee/tea, sugar and milk. Also avoid anything with huge amounts of calcium.

Drink plenty of water. Caffine can help speed the process, but is not necessary.

Back