Kidney stone...ouch!

Bumblebee

Donating Member
Registered
Sitting on the couch last evening around 1730hr minding my own business and BANG, an excruciating pain hit me right in the right kidney. Off to the ER I went, after the gruelling interrogation making sure I wasn't presenting with Covid, I got in to see the Dr.

He asked me the pain level from 1-10 and I replied 15....got some Morphine and it still didn't go away, so got some more along with a muscle relaxant...then it went away. Got home at 0030 and slept good.

Just awaiting the passing of the stone now...not fun at all, I've never experienced pain like that before-worse than being shot.

Sucks having to go to the ER at this time but with pain like that and not knowing what it is no choice. Get well soon!
Thanks, I was the only one in there as anyone with Covid 19 symptoms go to a separate place...one would never catch Covid at the ER, there are people running around cleaning everything behind you...

Nice if they kept this up all the time but sadly it will go back to normal once this over and forgotten.

Been there! Mine struck first 24 hours before my youngest was scheduled to be brought into the world, so I tried to tough it out. Didn't know what was causing the pain, ended up crawling around the bedroom floor and vomiting in the trash. Finally the boss told me to quit being an idiot and go to the ER.
Have had a couple since then, but now I know what it is. Still hurts, but I don't think I'm dying....

I drink a lot of water. I hope I never get those.

Drinking plenty of water can both dilute the chemicals that cause kidney stones and help them pass. It's usually best to get rid of kidney stones as soon as possible before they grow too large. Drinking large amounts of water is an effective way to prevent and pass kidney stones.

I drink a lot of water. I hope I never get those.

Drinking plenty of water can both dilute the chemicals that cause kidney stones and help them pass. It's usually best to get rid of kidney stones as soon as possible before they grow too large. Drinking large amounts of water is an effective way to prevent and pass kidney stones.
I drink lots of water as a rule, the Dr said diet can cause them as well. He said there are many different chemicals which help them form.

Not too bad, 54 yrs old and this is my first kidney stone....

Welcome to the pain. I've got a pill bottle full of those little bastards....just hope that you pass it, because you reallllly don't want them to have to go get it. Once it gets to your bladder, you can likely pee it out - but I will tell you, the first time one of those things comes out, it's VERY disconcerting!

Just went and picked up a prescription for Morphine...there will be minimal pain I figure...

So far so good, a little blood when urinating so that's a sign things are moving....I hope....

I drink water all day and I still got them. They’re calcium deposits and sometimes more depending on your diet. Mine were small enough to pass w/o much pain.

Kidney stones form when your urine contains more crystal-forming substances — such as calcium, oxalate and uric acid — than the fluid in your urine can dilute. At the same time, your urine may lack substances that prevent crystals from sticking together, creating an ideal environment for kidney stones to form.

What you don’t want is gall stones! Those caused me to have three surgeries and mucho pain! One was too big to pass from the gall bladder to the bile duct and several were blocking the bile duct. Had to have the gall bladder removed which caused me to have a drain ‘pipe’ and bag for a couple months. Was terrible!!! Good luck with yours and hoping it’s small enough to pass w/o the Dr. having to make it smaller.

I drink water all day and I still got them. They’re calcium deposits and sometimes more depending on your diet. Mine were small enough to pass w/o much pain.

Kidney stones form when your urine contains more crystal-forming substances — such as calcium, oxalate and uric acid — than the fluid in your urine can dilute. At the same time, your urine may lack substances that prevent crystals from sticking together, creating an ideal environment for kidney stones to form.

What you don’t want is gall stones! Those caused me to have three surgeries and mucho pain! One was too big to pass from the gall bladder to the bile duct and several were blocking the bile duct. Had to have the gall bladder removed which caused me to have a drain ‘pipe’ and bag for a couple months. Was terrible!!! Good luck with yours and hoping it’s small enough to pass w/o the Dr. having to make it smaller.
I had a CT scan and the Dr said it was pretty small so should be ok to pass...

Gall stones are not something I'd like methinks....

Me too, it's like I have peearrhea as I'm always going to the litter box....
Good thing is I have no pain...for now...hopefully I didn't just jinx myself by saying that.
Have no personal experience with them, but definitely thinking positive thoughts for you.

Kidney stones form when your urine contains more crystal-forming substances — such as calcium, oxalate and uric acid — than the fluid in your urine can dilute. At the same time, your urine may lack substances that prevent crystals from sticking together, creating an ideal environment for kidney stones to for

A soul brother from afar
Had gall stones and had my gall bladder removed by surgery too.
Gall stones vs kidney stones.. I wouldn't wish the pain from either onto anybody. Both are crippling

You'll know when it passes. ..:eek:

.....still awaiting the arrival of my little kidney stone....I have a path worn to the latrine.....I have been drinking a pile of water trying to flush the sucker....

Back