i had to go to emergency room..

Take care shawnski!
Drink more water! Or beer! Beer has lots of water, just check the ingredients!

You pass it yet?...there's nothing as unnerveing as when it comes out....WHOA there!!

You pass it yet?...there's nothing as unnerveing as when it comes out....WHOA there!!

not sure.. the cat scan shows the location: ( moderatley obstructing 6mm distal right ureter stone at junction with bladder).... so the pain i had satutday was going thorough the ureter to bladder ( not sure how it passed through 3mm ureter!!
but is it still in bladder?? not seeing it coming out yet!! i have not taking pain killer since yesterday and i have no pain so i don't know where it is now!!???
i might have to go take another scan done see the result.. i am at work now and we are busy for end of year sales..

Many thoughts in what causes them.. Cant be coffee I drink an avg of 10 cups a day and atleast 48 OZ of Coke..
Pee as soon as you feel you need to go and drink plenty of liquids.
coke can absolutely be a contributing cause of kidney stones for many people. colas contain high levels of phosphoric acid which has been linked to kidney stones. just cause u dont have em now doesnt mean u cant develop em later.

My urologist said caffeine is a big irritant to your bladder. I was having pain again and thought I had another stone but it was from drinking tea, I don't drink it very often anymore. Having kidney infections can also cause stones. But he said most of the time it's because we don't drink enough water. He also told me once you have a stone you are 50% likely to get another :banghead:
something else he told me, you can't pass a stone larger than 10mm.

Good luck shawnski! let us know when you pass that puppy.

oh just wait till that baby comes out, your gonna love it, i feel your pain i have had several stones none of which are any fun, just be glad they didnt have to go in with a stint for an obstructed ureter tube, oh boy.......:banghead:

oh just wait till that baby comes out, your gonna love it, i feel your pain i have had several stones none of which are any fun, just be glad they didnt have to go in with a stint for an obstructed ureter tube, oh boy.......:banghead:

my brother had to to do his that way... lazer through penis through bladder and ureter! he was in hospital for 5 days!!:banghead:
little while a go i called the doctor who took care of me on saturday and told him about my condition and if is passed or not..he said when it is in bladder it should passed and if i have no pain that means it passed!!
i asked him what about the pain?? he said it won't be any pain when it goes to bladder and pass through.. it is not big enough to cause any pain..??????
so i guess it is out somewhere in one of the many toilets i used since i could not use the screen funnel all the time.

not sure.. the cat scan shows the location: ( moderatley obstructing 6mm distal right ureter stone at junction with bladder).... so the pain i had satutday was going thorough the ureter to bladder ( not sure how it passed through 3mm ureter!!
but is it still in bladder?? not seeing it coming out yet!! i have not taking pain killer since yesterday and i have no pain so i don't know where it is now!!???
i might have to go take another scan done see the result.. i am at work now and we are busy for end of year sales..

Oh, then you still have some 'fun' to go...think of your stone bouncing around in a big sink (your bladder). There's only one exit, and it may bounce around in there for awhile before it finally circles the drain. Drinking plenty of water will help provide enough urine flow to help it float out. You'll know it when it happens because its like nothing you've ever felt before...

Given I've had about 50 of these dang things, I qualify as an expert. Usually the stone has trouble passing from the kidney to the bladder as that's the SMALLEST tube it has to get thru (the excruiating stomach pain you felt). Lucky yours didn't get caught there, and get infected (been there done that cause then it's emergency surgery) Once it gets to your bladder, the exit tube is larger and so it will usually pass (and, while you'll feel it, and it will feel 'weird') it won't normally hurt. You need to capture the stone to take it to the doctor so they can test what kind of stone it is (usually calcium) and then you'll know what you have to deal with.

All bets are off though, if the stone is not smooth, and somehow get's hung or stuck on the way out. It will burn like hell and you won't be able to pee, and you'll try about every 3 minutes. If that starts, CALL YOUR DOCTOR. They will normally proscribe some medicine (that makes your pee orange) but it's a painkiller for your urethra that will help you relax and help the stone pass. I had one that got stuck for 3 days and it will change your perspective on life.

Now, the stone gets out - kinda feels like shooting a baseball out of a firehose under pressure :). Take it to the Dr so they can test for what it is. Now, here's the bad news: Once your body produces stones, you are most likely to either have more already, or develop others. That stone could have been in there 6 months, or it may have been forming for years. It might take a decade to produce another one, but most likely not. Hopefull your Dr. also X-rayed your kidneys to look for others, if you've got them, he'll either wait if they aren't causing discomfort, or he'll have to try and get them out via lipotripsy or basket extraction (that's where the stint comes in).

My stones (and most common) are calcium stones. They are ususally caused by your body not correctly dealing with the calcuim you consume (milk/cheese/ice cream, ect.) and dehydration (not drinking enough water to flush your kidney's before the stones start to form). Age, diet and exercise all have an effect. If they are calcium, he will most likely recommend you cut down or cut out dairy. Increasing fluid intake also helps flush them out. The other kind of stones are acidic, and those come from Tea/Coffee/Soft Drinks. Again, a diet adustment helps. This is normally a urologists area or expertise and your Dr. will refer you to one.

I won't bore you or anyone else about what caused mine and how I've dealt with it, but I had to have multiple surgerys and still take medication to help try and prevent them (I'm not good about modifying my diet much). I haven't "felt" one in about 3 years, but I could be growing several that eventually will either pass or have to be removed as a continuing process. I've still got all my industrial-strength pain killers just in case.

The symptom you'll feel to help you know you've got one is either you'll start peeing blood, or that stomach pain like someone is jumping on your gonads....good luck.

Then you've never had the experience of pulling out what feels like 50 feet of stint out of your body.....amateur...:laugh:

Back