Kidney stone...ouch!

Had one years ago when I quit drinking soda. Imagine that trying to be healthy.

I was on the floor in pain when my wife found me unable to speak other than to say hospital. Morphine did nothing. Dilauded finally took it away. Had to have it broken up sonically. Then managed to pass the last bit the day before surgery to remove it.

Pain like nothing I’ve felt before.
Rarely do I ever drink soda...for a while there I was on the cranberry Ginger Ale kick, I have two 12 packs in my storage room that have been there for a while now...

I have ben drinking more lemonade and citrus juice lately

Well, working this thing out....the pain is something else but I haven't gone into the ER.....yet......

As I type this, I am sweating from the pain even though I took some pain meds...like an idiot I went out to shovel out the community mailbox...that's when the pain sweating really took hold....

I've drank a lake full of water and some lemon juice with olive oil (I was told this would help) and for the last few days I've been drinking a lot of water...still not out yet...

Post a Pic ? I know I'm weird.
Yeah, no pictures as I took it into be analyzed to see why it formed...

When I told my wife I passed into the sieve, she hunted around for a magnifying glass to look at it.....so weird is what I live with...LOL!

Edit, just as I typed this I just got a call from the hospital that says they don't check them...I was very disappointed at that as I would have liked to see why and how it formed.

Yeah, no pictures as I took it into be analyzed to see why it formed...

When I told my wife I passed into the sieve, she hunted around for a magnifying glass to look at it.....so weird is what I live with...LOL!

Edit, just as I typed this I just got a call from the hospital that says they don't check them...I was very disappointed at that as I would have liked to see why and how it formed.

Odd that they don’t care to analyze it but the majority of them are calcium based lil marbles.

my mate has a 10mm (3/8") kidney stone in his middle of kidney

doc think its not brittle enough to try to ultrasonically break it into pieces

he will try otherwise its laser snaking its way through his pipes

or

General anaesthetic and key hole surgery

he peed broken ones out last year - incredible pain as it moved through his system

basically - reduce acid forming foods like meat - eat more greans (alkaline ) and more water

my mate has a 10mm (3/8") kidney stone in his middle of kidney

doc think its not brittle enough to try to ultrasonically break it into pieces

he will try otherwise its laser snaking its way through his pipes

or

General anaesthetic and key hole surgery

he peed broken ones out last year - incredible pain as it moved through his system

basically - reduce acid forming foods like meat - eat more greans (alkaline ) and more water
10mm? Crazy....

I eat pretty healthy and actually don't eat a lot of meat however I am a carnivore..

I have and am drinking lots of water and fruit juices as well as eating lots of fruit..

The list of things that can create kidney stones is staggering...everything from medications to water and everything in between...

All those years of wandering through deserts, arctic wastelands always dehydrated and eating anything we could find (most of it high energy stuff) and I never had an issue...now that I'm retired and eating and drinking good, I get a kidney stone...go figure...

These things aren't fun...

Indeed they are not fun , my mate was incapacitated and had to get a hospital bed

Amazingly pain killers applied to his rectum via suppositories worked wonders within seconds :D

Indeed they are not fun , my mate was incapacitated and had to get a hospital bed

Amazingly pain killers applied to his rectum via suppositories worked wonders within seconds :D
I was told drinking a mixture of lemon juice and olive oil helps...have you ever heard of this?

If so, it this something to be drank daily?

Back