Kidney stone

wow. im glad i haven't had one. started to, felt kidney pain, went to doctor and they said there are crystals in my pee, but nothing formed so I try n drink plenty of fluids now...

Crap Dawn that's a big one, they'll have to break that one up. Be glad it's only ONE.

to the OP: Talk to your Dr; there are some meds that make you pee orange that are a painkiller for your urinary track; sometimes they will help you relax enough that it will come on out.

Wait til you've pee'd blood for a month, that's always fun too (no comment, Dawn!)

Crap Dawn that's a big one, they'll have to break that one up. Be glad it's only ONE.

to the OP: Talk to your Dr; there are some meds that make you pee orange that are a painkiller for your urinary track; sometimes they will help you relax enough that it will come on out.

Wait til you've pee'd blood for a month, that's always fun too (no comment, Dawn!)

I'm having removed, he said he will bust it up and remove all the parts so I don't have to pass anything. (well maybe something so tiny that I wont notice).

Oh and the blood thing, apparently I've been doing that I just haven't noticed.....how, I don't know.

Famous last words...i have a pill bottle full of fragments it's always fun to have your own machine gun! :guns::rofl:

Haha, I hope he saves a piece for me. He did tell me he was gonna put a stint (or something like it) in the ureter so it wont swell shut after surgery. hopefully anything that pass will do it while that's in there.

Haha, I hope he saves a piece for me. He did tell me he was gonna put a stint (or something like it) in the ureter so it wont swell shut after surgery. hopefully anything that pass will do it while that's in there.

No, they won't. The stint is a really small tube that keeps you flowing while everything is swollen up. The really small pieces (dust) will come out, but the fragments won't until you remove it (yes, yourself...) It's about 3 feet long and it goes all the way from your kidney to the exit point. I've had to do that about 4x and it's NOT FUN. SO, for the 2-3 days it's in, take all the pain killers they will give you and don't move around too much.

Sounds like we'll have lots to talk about at Barber in May!

a buddy from work gets one about 2-3 years. It hurts me to watch him, thats all I wanna know about em.
Good luck with it, I think the last one he had was a good size and they hit it with a laser or ultrasonic or somethin.
Wife just had her gallbladder taken out cause of stones, she was hurtin pretty bad from it as well.

Still have not passed mine, I think it may have broke up and maybe came out in small pieces, I been feeling better the past few days

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

i feel for all of you who have had them...my dad had one when i was much younger and i watched him start drinking LOTS of water and cut down on the soda...just his description of the pain was enought to convince me to drink more water and do my best to avoid ever getting one

Yeah I had one too and got the orange meds, dont remember what its called but holly crap your pee is super bright NEON orange. It numbs things so it doesn't hurt when you pass it. The only problem is it only lasts 24hrs. I went home and took the pill (as per the docs instructions) but didn't pass the stone for another 2 days so I cant tell you if it works or not.

No, they won't. The stint is a really small tube that keeps you flowing while everything is swollen up. The really small pieces (dust) will come out, but the fragments won't until you remove it (yes, yourself...) It's about 3 feet long and it goes all the way from your kidney to the exit point. I've had to do that about 4x and it's NOT FUN. SO, for the 2-3 days it's in, take all the pain killers they will give you and don't move around too much.

Sounds like we'll have lots to talk about at Barber in May!

Haha, your gonna be my kidney stone buddy!

5 mm stone veteran here. Pain?? Enough to make a grown man cry! Had to get mine blasted. I feel your pain and hope you deliver that sucker PDQ.

I've passed tiny bits of stone "dust"...it's like having lava come out of your wang. It's happened to me about 5 times and is always agonising.

I gotta ask, before the stone starts to travel down does it hurt while in the kidney? Mine is to big to pass but I have no pain what so ever in my left side where the stone is. Shouldn't this be hurting me? Don't get me wrong I'm very thankful it's not but seems like I would feel something.

My lower back hurts and even my right side at times but doc said this kind of pain doesn't radiate.

I gotta ask, before the stone starts to travel down does it hurt while in the kidney? Mine is to big to pass but I have no pain what so ever in my left side where the stone is. Shouldn't this be hurting me? Don't get me wrong I'm very thankful it's not but seems like I would feel something.

My lower back hurts and even my right side at times but doc said this kind of pain doesn't radiate.

I think it varies with each individual. - It can depend on the size, shape, or location of the stone.

Just had my first one about 2-3 weeks ago. Few others have said it, but the only thing you can do is ride it out and wait. One thing I would HIGHLY suggest is that while you may not stay in pain you DO NOT want to end up behind on your pain meds.

Stay at home, stay drugged up...and best of luck your in the the "club" now :beerchug:

Dawn: If it's not hurting you, consider yourself lucky. Any bleeding? Normally the paid starts when the stone or fragment starts to wind it's way from your kidney to your bladder, or bladder to exit point. I've had it both ways: Lots of pain but no blood, or lots of blood and no pain. Those stones take years to grow and won't bother you at all, until they are ready to bother you a LOT. Sometimes the only indication I've got one is when I start peeing blood.

My doctor uses this analogy: Think about a tennis ball in a sink, trying to bounce around and go down the drain pipe. As it bounces around, it may hurt, but as it bounces around the drain, that can cause the irritation/inflammation/bleeding, and when it gets stuck over the drain or tries to go down the drain, hold on nellie.....

For a man, the closest way to express the feeling when it really hurts, is that someone is riding their busa over your gonads.....

I've passed tiny bits of stone "dust"...it's like having lava come out of your wang. It's happened to me about 5 times and is always agonising.
Yes I pee'd the other day and it felt like someone shoved a hot welding rod up my you know what must off been tiny particles

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Back