Kidney stone

Dawn: If it's not hurting you, consider yourself lucky. Any bleeding? Normally the paid starts when the stone or fragment starts to wind it's way from your kidney to your bladder, or bladder to exit point. I've had it both ways: Lots of pain but no blood, or lots of blood and no pain. Those stones take years to grow and won't bother you at all, until they are ready to bother you a LOT. Sometimes the only indication I've got one is when I start peeing blood.

My doctor uses this analogy: Think about a tennis ball in a sink, trying to bounce around and go down the drain pipe. As it bounces around, it may hurt, but as it bounces around the drain, that can cause the irritation/inflammation/bleeding, and when it gets stuck over the drain or tries to go down the drain, hold on nellie.....

For a man, the closest way to express the feeling when it really hurts, is that someone is riding their busa over your gonads.....

They have found blood in my urine at the doctors office but thought it was because I kept getting bladder/kidney infections. I just don't pay attention at home. You know, ignorance is bliss kinda thing.

They have found blood in my urine at the doctors office but thought it was because I kept getting bladder/kidney infections. I just don't pay attention at home. You know, ignorance is bliss kinda thing.

One of my co-workers had to have lipotripsy last week because the doctor found blood in his urine too which caused them to go looking for a stone and found it. Always good when they catch it early. Not a pretty sight, and men are not used to it, when their pee comes out looking like they are bleeding to death....

Found this youtube video of what I'm having done. Close to the end (4:18) you will see the "basket" that will be used to remove the pieces. Kinda cool but still a bit freakish.

I know I'm a little late posting but I've passed 3. All took about a week. Thru some research, if I feel one comming on I drink a mixture of olive oil and lemon. It's hard to get down but it's supposed to lube the urniary tract and the acid in the lemon juice helps to brake the stone down..... Good luck my friend.

And on a lighter note I dont Pic's will be required.......

ahh...the old 'basket extraction' technique....got that t-shirt too.

The worst one I ever had Dawn was then they had to actually cut me open and get one from my side. I had a drainage tube in my side all night long in the hosptal that was the longest night of my life.

Cool Video!
That's exactly what I had done back in 2000. Afeter the 'basket treatment' I still had to pass the rest of the pieces. Doctor never would explain how he was able to steer that scope all the way up thru the bladder to the correct kidney, Several Times!

Now I drink a gallon of fluids each and every day, I will NOT go thru that again! :beerchug:

ahh...the old 'basket extraction' technique....got that t-shirt too.

The worst one I ever had Dawn was then they had to actually cut me open and get one from my side. I had a drainage tube in my side all night long in the hosptal that was the longest night of my life.

OUCH! I'm sure I wont have anything done like that.

I just found out today
I have a kidney stone . . .

16 millimeters . . .

I win !

:laugh:

1586541006607.png

Back