Well I spent last night in the ER. Got food poisoning.

Busaman5000

Donating Member
Registered
At about 9 or 10 o'clock last night I decided I was going to eat me some smoked salmon with some wasabi. The culprit company was Echo Falls Wild Alaskan smoked sockeye salmon. I bought it at Bloom's grocery store in Greer, SC.

At about 1 or so my lower back around my kidney's started throbbing with pain, then I started getting the shivers and running a fever, then I started constantly throwing up. So I decided to go the ER around 4:30AM.

They hooked me up to an IV and gave me some pain killers and some stomach nausea stuff. They also did a urine sample and bloodwork. They said I had acute food poisoning.

Normally I would just ride something like this out. But with my back hurting like it was around my kidney's it was freaking me out. I didnt know what was going on. I thought maybe my kidney's were shutting down or something.

But I feel better now. Not 100% yet but good enough. I don't think I'll ever eat smoked salmon again.

Dayum dude, that stinks! Glad they figured out what it was and got you back on track. Feel better soon man!!

Thanks guys! I don't remember the last time I was so sick. ughhh makes me sick just thinking about it.:beerchug:

I just did that about 2 months ago, I don't wish that on any one. It wasn't bad enough to go to the hospital, but it sure did turn me into a shiet sprinkler...

Best think to keep hydradated and get it out of your system... Took me 24hrs of throwing up and crapping, and then another 24 hours to recover and be able to eat...

I feel your pain, get better...

man sorry to hear this. if you have any left send it to me:whistle: I love salmon. not the first time I ate bad seafood:laugh: Only gives me the runs. I eat anything and everything even molded bread:whistle: I ate some bad scallops one time. tasted good but didn't come out good :sulk:

hope your feeling better bro.:beerchug:

that stuff is no joke people can die from it...glad your feeling better:thumbsup:...i know what ya mean about never wanting to eat salmon again after getting sick from it but for me it was pork rinds:puke:

sorry to hear this i have a stomach of steel and i've eaten chicken that was going bad so i just soaked it in really strong marinade and went to town ... my ex didn't do to well :whistle:

Back