Kidney stone...ouch!

Mine felt like the back pain I've had on and off for years from a disintegrated disc at first, but it ramped up quickly to an intolerable level. Within the hour I was puking. Felt like someone was twisting a red hot sword into my back. It's miserable.
Yep, just like that, was sitting with the Triage nurse and asked for a spew bag...it didn't take her long to get one out...before that she was treating my symptoms as "ho hum" after that, things went into motion in a hurry...

CT scan showed what was what...

Now it can hurry the heck up and get out...!!

Major ouchie last night, ended up at the ER thinking I had a second stone, turns out it is the same stone only has moved to just outside the bladder causing urine to back up into the kidney..

Major pain...

Am drinking more water than a fish hoping to flush that sucker out soon.
sorry to hear that ...at least all the ERs are empty right now...!

Wow, you have had this thing for almost a month. Stubborn little bugger ain't it.

For a stone 3mm or so, it can take 31 days to launch it out....if it isn't gone soon, I am to see a Urologist..

The worst part is the sleep one misses due to the excruciating pain...

• Sad
Reactions: c10
Well, got a CT done today and the Urologist says the stone is gone....now I have a small one in my other kidney.

I've been drinking water like a gold fish and avoiding too much salt...hopefully it gets the heck out soon too...
This is more than a 'that sucks' kind of thread, but it does. With you on this one passing so much more quickly than the first.

The good news is I am percolating another stone in the right kidney....been drinking water all the time these days....I feel like a guppy...

I don't have time to get any issues as the snow weather has arrived and I was out at 0530 clearing it, I got done around 0900 so not too bad for 3 driveways...

The thing that sucks most about drinking all this water and fruit juice is the frequent trips to the latrine in the dark....at least I'm like a bat in the dark and only tub my toe once or twice.

Hang in there! My 77 year old brother has renal failure and began dialysis last week. Not good. He wishes he just had a kidney stone. I’m set for another surgery on the 3rd (for the third time) for a plastic surgeon to try and finally (hopefully) cut out a lymphoma (cancer) that never seems to go away.
That doesn't sound like fun at any level..with luck this 3rd time will resolve it once and for all...

Of course any time I get a pain in the kidney area, my wife goes into "mothering mode" as she lost her dad last year to kidney cancer...

The good news is I am percolating another stone in the right kidney....been drinking water all the time these days....I feel like a guppy...

I don't have time to get any issues as the snow weather has arrived and I was out at 0530 clearing it, I got done around 0900 so not too bad for 3 driveways...

The thing that sucks most about drinking all this water and fruit juice is the frequent trips to the latrine in the dark....at least I'm like a bat in the dark and only tub my toe once or twice.
Peezilla lol

I found out my younger son has renal failure at 29 yrs old and needs a kidney. Even though he is estranged from us, I went to check out if I can donate to him.. Found out I have high blood pressure and went on pills for it so that took me out of any ability to donate..

The Dr said hopefully after a month on these pills my own kidneys come back up as they are at 60% right now...he figures the high blood pressure is making them work too hard.

I also went to get an Echo Cardiogram and a chemical stress test....the latter was real fun as they inject you with a radioactive chemical that glows under their special camera so they can look for any heart damage. They also inject you with a chemical which makes your body think it is doing exercise by opening up all the blood vessels and such...that part is a bit of a rush....

The best part of the test was when the technician told me he was going to inject the reversal and "bang" just like that I was back to normal (or whatever it is I am).....

I have drawn the following conclusion-getting old sucks!

Sitting on the couch last evening around 1730hr minding my own business and BANG, an excruciating pain hit me right in the right kidney. Off to the ER I went, after the gruelling interrogation making sure I wasn't presenting with Covid, I got in to see the Dr.

He asked me the pain level from 1-10 and I replied 15....got some Morphine and it still didn't go away, so got some more along with a muscle relaxant...then it went away. Got home at 0030 and slept good.

Just awaiting the passing of the stone now...not fun at all, I've never experienced pain like that before-worse than being shot.
Hate to say I feel your pain, but due to a malformed kidney I've gotten stones since my late 20s.

Every little movement through your plumbing hurts like a MoFo. The only thing worse is if it doesn't pass. Then they give you something that builds up pressure so you push harder. A) Pray you don't get to that required level. If you think you hurt now wait til they build up a head of pressure behind it.

B) Pray that you then pass it. Because the next level up is blasting it with radio waves. One big piece turns into several smaller ones. You can guess that pleasantness!

Just pass the damn thing. You will know the instant you do.

Update on this...

My older son donated a kidney to his younger brother last Thursday, they are both recovering in hospital now....

On top of that, I think I have another kidney stone percolating........

Sorry to hear about you and your younger son but happy to hear about your older son. My daughter had one recently and passed it after some serious pain. Good luck all around!

Sorry to hear about you and your younger son but happy to hear about your older son. My daughter had one recently and passed it after some serious pain. Good luck all around!
Thanks brother,

My wife and I started the testing to donate our kidney but she has diabetes and I found out I have hereditary high blood pressure...

Our older son (Air Force) was almost a perfect match for his brother (artillery)....we are just awaiting word we are able to go get our older son so he can recover here until he can fly home...

Thanks brother,

My wife and I started the testing to donate our kidney but she has diabetes and I found out I have hereditary high blood pressure...

Our older son (Air Force) was almost a perfect match for his brother (artillery)....we are just awaiting word we are able to go get our older son so he can recover here until he can fly home...
Sorry to hear but hoping for the best.

Back