Gen 3 Hayabusa

Last edited:

#BoldNewGraphics ~ #LooksLikeA2020ZX14RtoMe ~ #NewForNextYear ~ #THEoRg *

Same as the Hayabusa, no new model, just re-hashing the old one...if the model is dropped in Europe due to emissions, it's on it's way out.

Didn't even see a Busa there...

I like the poser backdrop where you can get a picture sitting on a leaned over bike...in jeans and a tee shirt no less...

Last edited:
There is the big money grabbing push for the Euro emissions yet we look at developing (and some developed) countries which there are days one can't see 10 feet in front of them due to air pollution....what is being done about this....?? Nothing is what is being done.

All those smog pumping diesels belching black smoke and not a thing done.

There is the big money grabbing push for the Euro emissions yet we look at developing (and some developed) countries which there are days one can't see 10 feet in front of them due to air pollution....what is being done about this....?? Nothing is what is being done.

All those smog pumping diesels belching black smoke and not a thing done.

My daughter lives in SoCal, a lil town on the coast. She’s literally 10 minutes from the beach and that area still has ‘schools closed’ bad air days. Even where I live I’m apparently right on the NE edge of the bad air areas to the S and W.

One of my neighbours taught there for a few years and said there were many days when it was not advised to go outside. They said there were pollution indexes which helped limit exposure even on good days...
we had these pollution indexes in germany in every major city for many years already. (massive lit up signs)

Of course it was never anywhere near that people could not go out. But they restricted traffic coming into the city when the limits were reached.

On top of that they created a system in which every car got tested for their age and emission. And it got a sticker. that started back in 2008. depending on your sticker (green good / red bad) you werent allowed anymore to drive into the city cores.
At the same time the german government put a program in place that they would give you up to 5000 Euros for your old car, in order for you to buy a new one.

reducing-emissions-particulates-particulate-matter-pm-umweltzone-pollution-AWMH3T.jpg

Not sure if it is old news but link was posted on the Blackbird forum with some info on a new Busa in the pipe.

Good read...it would be interesting if all the companies revived the hyperbike series but I am skeptical.

Is there a market for such bikes anymore? Liter bikes have the same power but uncomfortable riding positions, there are sport tourers (H2SX for example) which have the same or more power than the current hyperbikes...maybe the next gen Busa will follow in this footstep?

In an economic time such as this, how much money can they possibly spend to keep up a fading market...?

Last edited:
In an economic time such as this, how much money can they possible spend to keep up a fading market...?

If they load it with electronics and make it expensive, that should help. In recent years, bikes have been increasingly marketed to people with a lot of money. Make something that will compete with Euro bikes and at a comparable price. It will sell better than a bike made to be the highest quality possible for a reasonable price. I think the economic woes of the past 20 years are turning but the average guy is still not who is going out to buy a sport bike yet.

If they load it with electronics and make it expensive, that should help. In recent years, bikes have been increasingly marketed to people with a lot of money. Make something that will compete with Euro bikes and at a comparable price. It will sell better than a bike made to be the highest quality possible for a reasonable price. I think the economic woes of the past 20 years are turning but the average guy is still not who is going out to buy a sport bike yet.

I would like to see a Gen 3 Busa same as most people, I just don't think it is realistic.

Suzuki is lacking a dedicated sport tour bike though, maybe the next Busa will be in this form....just maybe. Unless Suzuki develops the GSX1000F into this role, something I could see happening as they already have used that platform for 3 bikes already.

If the Gen3 busa never materializes, it will be interesting to see what people use for an LSR platform in the future. I have heard of much smaller bikes being used for LSR but my choice would be a busa.

My buddy who runs 3 Suzuki dealerships here in Ct. said that they had a sit down meeting with the Japanese people from Suzuki and they said it's happening. Supposedly, there will be limited Quantities and they wont be cheap. When he finds out more, I'll find out more. Already told him I want one..

Back