What You Say on the Gen 3?

If u want big power.... pm me... or any of the turbo owners... beyond that... wait on Suzuki... itll happen... buy u guys want all the electrical do-dads... and the busa engine.. probably one of the strongest motors ever.

Whats funny is... I think people want it both ways... brand new turbocharged motor/all the electrical assistance and comfort features... and a sub 25K price.... that simply cannot happen. ANY forced induction system presents its own risks... and I cant even imagine the R and D on a new turbod busa platform.... Hell... even a stage 1 RCC turbo build(GOOD turbo system) is gonna be about 8-10 grand before allll the tuning and suspension and install is complete... and any remaining issues are sorted..... Suzuki doesn't get discount turbo systems...the money has to come from somewhere...... so we are really left with 2 options... rework one of the BEST motors EVER... or turbo a newly engineered motor.... and guys.. price out some decent cams and a port and polish job for headwork.... including labor.. ure at 3-5 grand or thereabouts before its over.... with a bigger bore/headwork/cams combo.. I think Zuki could see up to 220 at the wheel on pump gas.... without the turbo and with a warranty.... for relatively cheap....... and THAT would be the best accelerating mass produced affordable bike in the world again...

The word on the street is that the near-future forced-induction Suzuki will be labeled "Katana". Suzuki recently renewed the trademark on both the Katana name and the original logo from the 1982 bike.

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/suzuki-trademarks-katana-name-1829308
smoke and mirrors... they have trademarked this name in the past.... also... that's a lot of R and D for a 700cc motor.... but maybe it would be a limited edition track bike with hayabusa like HP with half the displacement... for a premium price.

4:12

I give up. In a way, it's reassuring to know I won't ever have to buy a new busa, just build on the one I have.
that's the smart money... or just find ure dream built hayabusa and buy it... also.. lots of guys start a million dollar build and run out of money.. or their wives find out how much money the husband "wasted" and force the sale.... 3/4 the way through the build....

Suzuki and Robert Mueller are both very good at not letting their "work" leak to the press !

I was hoping for a update of the generation 3 Hayabusa from the recent 2018 Tokyo Motorcycle Show. There was no new news of the gen 3 Hayabusa. Suzuki is playing this one "very close to the chest," as they have in the past.

I think Suzuki will continue with a large displacement engine for the next gen Hayabusa, no supercharger or turbo. The R&D from the new gsxr 1000 easily transfers to the next gen Hayabusa. The new electronic "nannies" from the gsxr 1000 should pretty much "plug & play." Making the next gen Hayabusa euro 4 emission compliant may have been a issue, though the tech from the new gsxr 1000 will help.

Suzuki has no choice but to update the Hayabusa if they wish to sell a new 2019 or later model in Europe. The euro 4 emission compliant clock is ticking (they took a extension for 2018) and ends 12/31/2018. No other extensions can be applied for, so it new or bust !

Suzuki and Robert Mueller are both very good at not letting their "work" leak to the press !

I was hoping for a update of the generation 3 Hayabusa from the recent 2018 Tokyo Motorcycle Show. There was no new news of the gen 3 Hayabusa. Suzuki is playing this one "very close to the chest," as they have in the past.

I think Suzuki will continue with a large displacement engine for the next gen Hayabusa, no supercharger or turbo. The R&D from the new gsxr 1000 easily transfers to the next gen Hayabusa. The new electronic "nannies" from the gsxr 1000 should pretty much "plug & play." Making the next gen Hayabusa euro 4 emission compliant may have been a issue, though the tech from the new gsxr 1000 will help.

Suzuki has no choice but to update the Hayabusa if they wish to sell a new 2019 or later model in Europe. The euro 4 emission compliant clock is ticking (they took a extension for 2018) and ends 12/31/2018. No other extensions can be applied for, so it new or bust !
don't u agree though... a 1400cc 220-240 hp bike would be a GREAT machine... and I'm talking REAR WHEEL hp here...

100% !!!

If Suzuki was to re-bore 1340 gen 2 engine, 220 up to 250 HP would be easily obtainable !!

Big Bore - 1.jpg

Big Bore - 2.jpg

Personally hoping for big displacement continuation from Suzuki , 1440cc + would be nice . The current 1340cc motor grunts its way so nicely on any road scenario , I can definitely imagine bigger being even better .
Having stated my true preference , the thought of a 1000cc + turbo motor is also not at all unappealing !
The ultimate IMHO would be the 1440cc + turbo .... , what a monster that would be !!
Meantime my L2 patiently awaits more stablemates . :thumbsup:

I drove a 335 hp six cylinder Camaro(new technology)......................... I owned a 315 hp 2002 Camaro... with a big old fashioned v8......... maybe the new Camaro with the v6 makes the power it says it does..... but I would bet my motorcycle that aint no stock v6 335 hp Camaro gonna outrun my small block v8 Camaro with the same (almost) power... the FEEL and DELIVERY of the horsepower is totally different.

I had a 1000hp ctsv. My bike makes that feel like a slow POS

Personally hoping for big displacement continuation from Suzuki , 1440cc + would be nice . The current 1340cc motor grunts its way so nicely on any road scenario , I can definitely imagine bigger being even better .
Having stated my true preference , the thought of a 1000cc + turbo motor is also not at all unappealing !
The ultimate IMHO would be the 1440cc + turbo .... , what a monster that would be !!
Meantime my L2 patiently awaits more stablemates . :thumbsup:
be careful what u wish for... beyond 1300 ccs to run big boost.. ure dropping compression anyways to get there... but ure right... if ya spend enough money 30-70 ull get 600 hp... 300ft lbs.... truth be told now i just have small bullshit issues and small improvements... but man its breathtaking...

I know I enjoy owning one....Gen 3, no Gen 3-don't really care honestly, I like the bike I have now.

...and I don't care about living on the leading edge of technology, other bikes are faster, handle better and have more technology and I'm ok with that.

Lots of hype surrounds the new Ram truck and my dealership is hounding me to trade mine in. I told them I like what I own now much better than the new Ram so I'll keep what I've got.

I know I enjoy owning one....Gen 3, no Gen 3-don't really care honestly, I like the bike I have now.

...and I don't care about living on the leading edge of technology, other bikes are faster, handle better and have more technology and I'm ok with that.

Lots of hype surrounds the new Ram truck and my dealership is hounding me to trade mine in. I told them I like what I own now much better than the new Ram so I'll keep what I've got.

I do like the new Ram. Good looking truck.

As for the Gen 3, I wont trade my Gen 2. I'd rather have what I'm hoping Aprilia will release.

As I said in another thread, is there really a market for a big bore streetbike ?

Manufacturers are going high tech, smaller capacity streetbikes.

How old are the ZX14R and Busa range? Honda and Yam aren’t interested in that market, and Suzuki didn’t think it was important enough to bother having a replacement bike ready even with years of advance warning.

I know this forum has a heap of fans of straight line, high horsepower, high speed bikes, but is there really a global market for it?

I had genuine intentions of buying a Gen-3, something, bigger, better, faster, more powerful. Now I’m not convinced that’s the way the market is going.

Yam have done well with their MT range, Kwak are expanding their H2 range. There’s a retro Kat, a retro CB1100, a retro Z900.

I’d hate to see it happen, but maybe the Monster Sports Tourer market is going the same way as the bigbore GSX14, XJR13, CB13, ZRX12 range and has had its day?

Back