What You Say on the Gen 3?

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
OK. We have some pretty good clues on the new Hayabusa. Let's take the pulse of the org on what you are seeing and how many of you are planning to support the team and get the Gen 3 Busa?

I was told by a Suzuki dealer that they have been told to not expect the Gen 3 as a late 2019 model. Apparently there are 2 issues: 1) there are a lot of Gen 2 Busas out there and they are still selling pretty well. Also, with new facilities coming on line in places like India, Suzuki isn't sure that a Gen 3 will generate as many sales as it kills. Dealers don't want the new bike as long as the old ones are moving this well and the gen 2 could be a super deal if India kicks up the volume of units produced. 2) There is still wrangling on the configuration of the bike. Suzuki sells budget bikes and dealers are afraid of a $30K bike sitting in the dealership for years on end. But how do you build an H2 killer for less than high-mid $20K?

That’s a little to rich for my blood on price, but the good thing is a used one that an old owner thought was to much bike will find its way to me!! Might be 2022 but it will happen if I keep clicking my heels together and saying, “There’s no bike like a hayabusa, there’s no bike like a hayabusa”!!

OK. We have some pretty good clues on the new Hayabusa. Let's take the pulse of the org on what you are seeing and how many of you are planning to support the team and get the Gen 3 Busa?

I was told by a Suzuki dealer that they have been told to not expect the Gen 3 as a late 2019 model. Apparently there are 2 issues: 1) there are a lot of Gen 2 Busas out there and they are still selling pretty well. Also, with new facilities coming on line in places like India, Suzuki isn't sure that a Gen 3 will generate as many sales as it kills. Dealers don't want the new bike as long as the old ones are moving this well and the gen 2 could be a super deal if India kicks up the volume of units produced. 2) There is still wrangling on the configuration of the bike. Suzuki sells budget bikes and dealers are afraid of a $30K bike sitting in the dealership for years on end. But how do you build an H2 killer for less than high-mid $20K?
This is such a hard decision to make for me that I don’t even know what to choose from your poll options. As of right now I’m leaning more towards picking up a cheap used 2019 gen2 (if they wait until 2020 for the gen3) and transferring all my parts from my 2009 to it, just so that I can have a 10 year “newer bike” with ABS brakes and then sell my 09 dirt cheap, but I don’t even have the need for that since my current bike has less than 13k miles and the concours14 will most likely be the only one ridden on the longer trips. I guess it all depends on the price and how much of a “shock” the new bike causes. I remember seeing my first busa back in 2006 and it was white and I immediately fell in love with it, so we’ll see if the gen3 creates the same effect if/when it comes out.

If the Gen3 comes out i will probaly wait 2 or 3 years first to see what issues people are having with it.... But again I am still busy to work my way up to a newer version with ABS brakes. lol. So this year somewhere my Gen 2 will be going, then i will buy a 2013/2014 model-have that one around for 2-3 years
Then i will go for a 2017 and then for the Gen3. Reason for this is i do not like big bank installments... So my bikes i buy big parts cash and rest trough the bank, so my 2010 will cover a 75-80% deposit for a 2014 but not a 2016 or 2017, the 2014 will then cover again 75-80% of the newer one and then when that one is up for grabs it will hopefully cover again the same percentage for a Generation 3 Busa around in 2023/2024....

I don't really believe that you have build a gen3 for a $30k cost to beat a h2. Just be more reliable and practical. The gen 3 like it's predecessors would only need to be competitive with the Zx14.after all the Busa and the zx14 are built for touring at speed the h2 is a overpriced hairdryer

It would have to be a real game changer for me to warrant walking away from my current ride. I have looked at and ridden the best of whats out there (KTM SA and BMW GS Rallye) in the adventure bike world, which seems to be the hottest segment out there right now development-wise and ran back to my Busa after both. But I am always open to new things. I have said it more than a few times in recent months, I personally think Suzuki needs to emulate the Ducati Supersport business model. Top flight Suspension, brakes, and electronics in a sporty, easily customizable package, at a reasonable price. Do not try taking the bike into the $20k+ range or you will just kill the damn thing.

My guess:

Euro 4 emission compliant
1440 cc liquid cooled inline 4 with variable timing - 215 HP at crank (208 HP at rear wheel)
New frame and rear sub-frame (lighter than current generation 2's)
Semi active suspension
New traction control/launch control/anti wheelie
New ABS (from gsxr-1000)
New electronic cruise control
New (optional) semi auto gearbox
Front sprocket change (15 tooth front)
New "xw" ring performance chain - 114 links 530 pitch
New lighter wheels
New customizable full color gauge cluster
All new bodywork (fairings/headlight/tail-lighting/switchback front turn signals/mirrors with lighting)
All LED lighting

Starting price: $18989 USD

Get ready !!!!

2019 Hayabusa - Grey.jpg

My guess:

Euro 4 emission compliant
1440 cc liquid cooled inline 4 with variable timing - 215 HP at crank (208 HP at rear wheel)
New frame and rear sub-frame (lighter than current generation 2's)
Semi active suspension
New traction control/launch control/anti wheelie
New ABS (from gsxr-1000)
New electronic cruise control
New (optional) semi auto gearbox
Front sprocket change (15 tooth front)
New "xw" ring performance chain - 114 links 530 pitch
New lighter wheels
New customizable full color gauge cluster
All new bodywork (fairings/headlight/tail-lighting/switchback front turn signals/mirrors with lighting)
All LED lighting

Starting price: $18989 USD

Get ready !!!!

View attachment 1580147
and I LOVE that idea... big block power... I remind u guys.. once these big displacement bikes are gone... they are GONE... some things are worth preserving... and food for thought... ANY motor can be turbocharged and hot-rodded... we NEED a great base to start with.... and TORQUE down low baby

and also.. I would love it if all the electronic nannies were optional... it would be like my 5.0 mustang... 420 hp BRAND new.. for 30 grand... ZERO options.. horsepower and a handle.

I think the answer to keep costs down would be to make SURE the busa out accelerates the H2 through the 1/4 mile.... ( a launch friendly clutch) that has to happen.... launch control standard? beyond that... I think ya build the Busa like a 3 series BMW... starting price relatively low.... then let people add the options they want....

Electronics are not optional. Suzuki won't build a BUSA that's not euro compliant, so abs is a minimum. Also the legal climate has flipped now. Before manufactures were afraid of someone crashing and claiming they thought the ABS would save them. Now with TC being pretty much standard on new bikes, to not have it would be a legal issue.

electronics can be optional.. certain things HAVE to be there... abs maybe... traction control maybe... but look at any BMW car... cold weather package... sport package... hid lights... lane assistance.... heated and cooled seats... self closing doors... remote start... Bluetooth connectivity... navigation.... HELL BMW EVEN CHARGES 700 or more for a passenger seat that isn't mechanical.. just for a power passenger seat... M packages.... an auto is more expensive than a stick.... bmw even charges money for REAL LEATHER.... alcantra headliners cost big bucks.... THESE ARE ALL OPTIONS..... active headlights that turn with the road..... appearance packages.... harmon Kardon audio... automatic high beams.... dynamic digital instrument cluster.... 600 bucks more for metallic paint... heated steering wheel... headsup display... wireless charging.... contoured seat... carbon fiber mirror caps 960 damn dollars.... pedestrian detection 2300 ......... SOOOOOO... I dunno MAYBE Suzuki could find a way to offer trim packages... and CERTAIN electronics... for a money grab from the high rollers who don't know any better,

at a minimum SUZUKI could throw a suede seat on there... some fancy dancy hid lights that turn as the bike turns... carbon fiber package for those of you that think ure Valentino Rossi... these could be things offered up for a premium.... and for those of us with sense... we could buy the 1440 cc stripped down.... just like I did my mustang.... JUST LIKE HARLEY Davidson chisels people for options,... Suzuki could dream something up...

Back