What You Say on the Gen 3?

BMW has many packages for the K1600. Problem is you can't pick and chose. They make configurations for our markets and it's near impossible to get anything else. Also its debatable if people will option up a Hayabusa. Options are risky investments and its a special buyer who wants a $30k Busa, so if it's not on every bike it makes investing in development complicated.
Suzuki is not going to guess on what options sell and have unsellable bikes sitting in dealers either. Its more likely they will build for most riders. that means at least basic electronics. Sorry.

HID lights are old news. Now its HOLEDs. BMW was brilliant with the motorized reflector that angles the head lights focus around corners. but that head light costs $2,100!!!!!!! KTM was maybe more brilliant by simply adding additional LED lights that are turned on by the IMU. Just as effective and about $300 in additional cost. I don't see anyone follow the BMW liad!

Of cour@e you need ABS & the IMU to get the information for this sort of stuff.

BMW has many packages for the K1600. Problem is you can't pick and chose. They make configurations for our markets and it's near impossible to get anything else. Also its debatable if people will option up a Hayabusa. Options are risky investments and its a special buyer who wants a $30k Busa, so if it's not on every bike it makes investing in development complicated.
Suzuki is not going to guess on what options sell and have unsellable bikes sitting in dealers either. Its more likely they will build for most riders. that means at least basic electronics. Sorry.
lol... u should have not said anything... I KNOW U GOT the premium package... tell me u didn't?????????????????? u pay for heated grips? the radio? u know I'm right..... and saying things like... I dunno if a Suzuki buyer has 30k is ridiculous.... they exist.... just like the H2 groupies... does it surprise you that Kawasaki people have 25 grand?

The 2018 Tokyo Show is this weekend,
we will have hints of the next gen Hayabusa soon !

2276755ab72dcb8844e.jpg

https://motoridersuniverse.com/news/1253782-turbocharged-suzuki-hayabusa-expected-in-2019.html

lol... u should have not said anything... I KNOW U GOT the premium package... tell me u didn't?????????????????? u pay for heated grips? the radio? u know I'm right..... and saying things like... I dunno if a Suzuki buyer has 30k is ridiculous.... they exist.... just like the H2 groupies... does it surprise you that Kawasaki people have 25 grand?
All bikes in US are premium. only option on the K1600 GT is a rear box. Everything else is what it is. that was my point. its hard to get bikes into the US. Other countries have options like a car

and saying things like... I dunno if a Suzuki buyer has 30k is ridiculous...

BTW: I didn't say what you said I said. What I did say was: "Options are risky investments and its a special buyer who wants a $30k Busa" That's why Suzuki already doesn't have an "S" model like Ducati, that's just not the product's profile. Your paraphrasing makes it seem like I was saying a Busa buyer wouldn't have $30K, which is silly since I am a Busa buyer with $30K.

This is the most inspired form yet in my opinion. I don't get a turbo need those 2 big exhaust pipes but other than that this really is kicking it up a notch. The rear end is great. Love how the tail has morphed into almost a MotoGP like form. Also love how the blue fairing "fingers" connect back to the tail and tank. Stance is aggressive. Front is more shark than falcon but still I can definitely see that ruling the streets.

personally... I hope it isn't a small turbo motor... these things will be blowing up left and right from people trying to squeeze more boost out of it... furthermore... am I the only one that likes old school big motors? 1440 with a ported head and slightly hot cams with variable valve timing and a decent clutch/quickshift... if they could build a bike that would run high high 8 sec quarter mile times.. u got a world beater on your hands.... u probably need about 220-240 at the wheel to get there. right.... at least without a giant stretch???? its do-able... and without any boost...

"Rumor" is Suzuki doesn't want to redesign gsxr-600 to meet euro 4 emissions for 2019. So, maybe they will make a new sportbike like the "Recursion" concept to replace the gsxr-600 in their sportbike lineup.

Suzuki could use their current gsxr-1000 or a new gsxr-750 platform as a base for their "Recursion." They could turbo or supercharge (they have a patent for each) the 998 cc or 750 cc engine to assassinate the Ninja H2. Using the current gsxr-1000 electronics (euro 4 emissions, IMU, ABS, traction control, quick-shifter and others) would keep development and production costs down.

Base price: $21898

H2 assassin !

There are many benefits of introducing a new sportbike, top among them, not cutting into sales of existing models !

One reason it's taken so long for a new generation Hayabusa, current sales remain strong ! As the saying goes,"if it ain't broke don't fix it."

Next year, a new generation Hayabusa is needed to meet euro 4 emissions. If Suzuki is to stay true to the Hayabusa heritage, a large displacement naturally aspirated engine is key. Styling is always subjective but performance (including electronic "nannies"), comfort and affordability (under $19K) are not.

I hope Suzuki stays true to the Hayabusa heritage; aerodynamic, large displacement engine, comfortable and FAST !!!

Suzuki Turbo Concept - Recursion.jpg

not being a boost guy, why can't you build a 1000cc motor that's as strong as a 1340cc motor? If you mean smaller engine needs more boost, you're not going max boost anyway right?
one thing a turbo has to do to make power is spool up..... a large displacement motor makes gobs of power LOW in the rpm range.... a bigger motor makes irreplaceable power down LOW in the rpm range (torque at low rpms.)... and with a bigger displacement motor... ure power ceiling will always be higher than a smaller motor...

I drove a 335 hp six cylinder Camaro(new technology)......................... I owned a 315 hp 2002 Camaro... with a big old fashioned v8......... maybe the new Camaro with the v6 makes the power it says it does..... but I would bet my motorcycle that aint no stock v6 335 hp Camaro gonna outrun my small block v8 Camaro with the same (almost) power... the FEEL and DELIVERY of the horsepower is totally different.

Back