Gen 1 vs. gen 3 swingarm?

dcnblues

Registered
Okay, apparently the gen2 and gen3 swingarms are the same part number. But what about gen 1 vs. Gen 2 / 3?

I'm curious whether a carbon hugger from a gen 1 bike would go on a gen 3. Anybody know?

Okay, apparently the gen2 and gen3 swingarms are the same part number. But what about gen 1 vs. Gen 2 / 3?

I'm curious whether a carbon hugger from a gen 1 bike would go on a gen 3. Anybody know?
Just incase anyone else is looking at old threads for info…

My Gen-2 and Gen-3 do NOT have the same part number, and the Gen-3 wheel assembly needs to need some meat taken off the caliper carrier to fit a Gen-2 arm.

(...)
that job, moving from gen1 to gen2/3 swing arm, makes definitely / generally NO sense,
because u need all ! the stuff from the bike´s rear parts - from shock til brake - really ALL!

and

a/the result cannot be measured - there is no improvement.
the braking effect is almost identical for all of them.
so save yourself the time and money for all the parts - my thought on that.

that job, moving from gen1 to gen2/3 swing arm, makes definitely / generally NO sense,
because u need all ! the stuff from the bike´s rear parts - from shock til brake - really ALL!
It was just a question about a carbon hugger. Pretty sure the one on my gen 1 is sitting in a junkyard and I could go get it anytime.

IMG_0210.jpeg

Black Mamba Motorcycle GIF by Moore Mafia

got an EVIL arm that fits em *

Back