Should I get my 6th Hayabusa?

PFP

Registered
Hi Guys,

I have already bought 5 new Hayabusa (2 Gen.1, 3 Gen. 2) , and I sold the last one (2019 model) on February 2022. Since I am clearly addicted to that bike, I am thinking to get the Gen 3 in white. May I ask about any significant differences compared to the Gen 2? Are you aware of any dealers offering a discount in the US?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hell, I see no reason at all why another Hayabusa shouldn't be in your garage....

Significant differences? There are a bunch of threads that point out these differences..

Other than the obvious, the gen 3 has a complete electronic suite with cruise control. It is tuned and set up to deliver mid range performance...it has better brakes, a different rake so it handles faster and a bunch of other upgrades in the engine...

Hell, I see no reason at all why another Hayabusa shouldn't be in your garage....

Significant differences? There are a bunch of threads that point out these differences..

Other than the obvious, the gen 3 has a complete electronic suite with cruise control. It is tuned and set up to deliver mid range performance...it has better brakes, a different rake so it handles faster and a bunch of other upgrades in the engine...
You forgot the pontoons.....

I have a gen 3 love the motorcycle I'm sure you know that Black is the faster ,
white is also a very smart looking Busa. I say get her for sure .

AA9500BD-8006-46B0-B8EB-E5FE70B58B6B.jpeg

I’ve had several Busa’s too.

I still have a naked / Streetfightered Gen-1, another Gen-1 long term project in bits, and a Gen-2 powered B-King alongside my Gen-3 and other Suzuki’s.

The Gen-3 has a very familiar feel. It took me a while to feel at home on my H2 SX SE but having owned a few Busa’s before even riding home from the store it had a quite familiar feel

Despite just being an upgraded Gen-2 it has some nice improvements. Bars are in a better position, cruise control and quick shifter work well, lots of tech options and settings to pick from, a strong mid range and great handling. Lots about it feel exactly what it is, a familiar bike but with multiple nice improvements. Internet experts whinge about the few missing ponys at the top end but as a real world useable bike you’d never know.

If I was obsessed with dyno numbers or bar room bragging I’d tune a Gen-2 (and still might for the drags) but as a proper all round useable road bike the Gen-3 is the best I’ve owned.

D11FA8A5-25AC-4C98-A671-D44E92192976.jpeg

I’ve had several Busa’s too.

I still have a naked / Streetfightered Gen-1, another Gen-1 long term project in bits, and a Gen-2 powered B-King alongside my Gen-3 and other Suzuki’s.

The Gen-3 has a very familiar feel. It took me a while to feel at home on my H2 SX SE but having owned a few Busa’s before even riding home from the store it had a quite familiar feel

Despite just being an upgraded Gen-2 it has some nice improvements. Bars are in a better position, cruise control and quick shifter work well, lots of tech options and settings to pick from, a strong mid range and great handling. Lots about it feel exactly what it is, a familiar bike but with multiple nice improvements. Internet experts whinge about the few missing ponys at the top end but as a real world useable bike you’d never know.

If I was obsessed with dyno numbers or bar room bragging I’d tune a Gen-2 (and still might for the drags) but as a proper all round useable road bike the Gen-3 is the best I’ve owned.

View attachment 1655152
Can I move in and ride your bikes???

Thanks! I think that very soon will most probably pull the trigger on the white one … What I always liked the most was the mid- range torque, the engine sound, and the looks. ZX -14 could never match that, although it was a much more comfortable bike with better brakes. I am not a big fun of all the electronics, but the cruise control.

Last edited:
So here’s the thing. I’m 6’5 and I fit BETTER on the Gen 3 busa than the zx14. Dealer had one of each side by side and I spent time sitting on each side by side and the Busa won. Add bar riser and drop pegs and whoila.

This is my 4th Hayabusa. I also have a goldwing and just sold my s1000xr.

So here’s the thing. I’m 6’5 and I fit BETTER on the Gen 3 busa than the zx14. Dealer had one of each side by side and I spent time sitting on each side by side and the Busa won. Add bar riser and drop pegs and whoila.

This is my 4th Hayabusa. I also have a goldwing and just sold my s1000xr.
Thanks for the information, this is really useful now! I have read that the bike has become a bit more comfortable, but it is good to read your own experience! The only problem that I have ever had with a Hayabusa was a hard-to-start hot engine. I hope that Gen 3 will be proven as good as Gen 2.

I had two ZX 11s and in a high gear roll on low to mid range the average Goldwing could walk away from me, the mid range punch on the gen 3 is way better even in 6th gear.

Back