I Need Lowering Pegs

I got Elena a set. With the Corbin rear saddle and the back rest this should make this lady very happy. Especially for next years run from Vegas to Sturgis.

All back roads and two lane highways both ways.

I got Elena a set. With the Corbin rear saddle and the back rest this should make this lady very happy. Especially for next years run from Vegas to Sturgis.

All back roads and two lane highways both ways.
Perfect. Exactly what I’m running. The lowered pegs, Corbin seat with back rest. Although the comments from those on the back is it’s more help to not slide off when you overtake… seems it’s a bit too far back to be used as a “sit and relax” backrest..
But yes, pegs and Corbin back seat = happy GF’s

Well the backrest may not be an issue Deano up in Alberta got a set of saddlebags and a top case it looked pretty trick. I believe I'll be buying those and she'll be leaning against the back top case.

77E7794D-75C9-4607-9C47-1386750A8799.jpeg

9C731307-9DDE-449A-B814-4A653E2FBD7A.jpeg

BEDCD817-EB31-477A-B353-5FCFB84D82C9.jpeg

8C17E82F-144B-4D27-8DD2-0FF60D277796.jpeg

Looks to me like the top case sits pretty low compared to my V 46 on the 2005 bike. Should be just about the right lumbar and mid back support.

Apologies for the thread Jack, we now return you to your regularly scheduled adjustable lowering peg thread.

:thumbsup:

By the way if anyone doesn't already know you can adjust the position of that back rest. Loosen the Allen head screw through the slot in the back of the seat position the back rest where you want it and then tighten the Allen head.

I received my lowering pegs. Looks like the screws are a bit small I may do some drilling and some tapping to increase the strength of the assembly pieces.

Interesting pin design but I'm sure they'll be more than durable for my wife's comfort and weight.

I'll put some more miles on the bike before I decide whether I wanna do the same thing. Just for comment, I do stand up on my pegs every 150 miles or so, I like to stretch my hamstrings and my lower back.

Heck if these are the same size for all models I could probably get a set of TLR front pegs and go with that.

Last edited:
Question about lowering the pegs; I see plenty of examples where the whole peg and mounting arm is replaced, but has anyone lowered the stock pegs?
If so, what product did you use? I like the stock pegs fine enough.

got these off ebay for a quick drop, had to cut them a bit for clearance to the shifter in the position I liked, also had to make a stop for the side stand to move it out of the way for my foot, may have to cut the little "nub" off to allow it to fold d up more like stock. Anyway a 20-25 mm drop would probably fit better all in all these are the 40mm however they are super comfortable

P1010140.JPG

P1010141.JPG

Man, five pages of comments and nobody has an issue adjusting the angles? If you're tall and you want the bike fitted to you for comfort, you're probably going to have issues with the shifter lever banging into the stock or aftermarket kickstand. And lowering the peg will make it worse. I've got a set of the Chinese links that are on the short side ( just under an inch I think), but I haven't put them on yet and I'm not sure I'll be able to get them to work.
There's a bolt on the kickstand that pushes in the kickstand sensor. You can lengthen it or put on a longer one and a tightening nut to hold the kickstand a little further down and out of the way, but you only have a limited range to do so. I'm pretty sure when I try these and set the angle it'll be too uncomfortable / high.
Morse on fitting

Man, five pages of comments and nobody has an issue adjusting the angles? If you're tall and you want the bike fitted to you for comfort, you're probably going to have issues with the shifter lever banging into the stock or aftermarket kickstand. And lowering the peg will make it worse. I've got a set of the Chinese links that are on the short side ( just under an inch I think), but I haven't put them on yet and I'm not sure I'll be able to get them to work.
There's a bolt on the kickstand that pushes in the kickstand sensor. You can lengthen it or put on a longer one and a tightening nut to hold the kickstand a little further down and out of the way, but you only have a limited range to do so. I'm pretty sure when I try these and set the angle it'll be too uncomfortable / high.
Morse on fitting

The '17-'23 gsxr levers are the same, in that the mc shape prevents the levers from being rolled down to the front very much...which unfortunately is where I want them.
I looked closely and noticed that when I sat on a Gen3 Busa too.

Back