Footpeg lowering (front)

Maxx_Zouk

Registered
I was hoping to find out if you anyone here knows of any peg lowering brackets and mounts that would fit the new Gen 3? Also how do we adjust the gear & brake levers if we install these footpegs? I have stock exhausts on my bike as the police are very strict here with regard to exhausts so will these exhausts come in the way of the footpegs? I’m 6’2 & hoping to drop the pegs about 1 or 2 inches to make it a bit easier on my knees.
I haven’t found any anything specifically for the Gen 3. I’m unsure if Gen 2 mounts would fit on Gen 3. The M factory & Knight design footpegs are for the previous Gen Hayabusa.

I was hoping to find out if you anyone here knows of any peg lowering brackets and mounts that would fit the new Gen 3? Also how do we adjust the gear & brake levers if we install these footpegs? I have stock exhausts on my bike as the police are very strict here with regard to exhausts so will these exhausts come in the way of the footpegs? I’m 6’2 & hoping to drop the pegs about 1 or 2 inches to make it a bit easier on my knees.
I haven’t found any anything specifically for the Gen 3. I’m unsure if Gen 2 mounts would fit on Gen 3. The M factory & Knight design footpegs are for the previous Gen Hayabusa.
I bought the M factory 40mm (1-1/2) for gen 2 and they fit my gen 3 right out of the box and I have stock exhaust, the shifter and brake are easy to adjust. I think one lever took two 10mm wrenches and the other lever took one 10mm and an 8mm wrench. My shifter up shifts fine but I have to raise my foot a little for down shifting, I can’t adjust down anymore or it will hit the exhaust. The brake lever is adjusted perfect.

I bought the M factory 40mm (1-1/2) for gen 2 and they fit my gen 3 right out of the box and I have stock exhaust, the shifter and brake are easy to adjust. I think one lever took two 10mm wrenches and the other lever took one 10mm and an 8mm wrench. My shifter up shifts fine but I have to raise my foot a little for down shifting, I can’t adjust down anymore or it will hit the exhaust. The brake lever is adjusted perfect.
Here’s photos of the M factory pegs installed, I wanted black pegs but they were out of stock.

BF4210B1-D1DD-4AB8-A3F2-FEDE259E1689.png

3D710556-7ACB-4308-801E-04807352DA26.png

i installed the vario adjustable pegs from m&p they are german made, they adjust up down and back and forth, these are listed for the gen 2 but are exactly the same to fit the gen3, a good amount of adjustment worked for me, waiting for my white gen 3 coming saturday ( i hope ) i will be fitting them asap as well as sorting the side stand to stop it rolling over so easily , as my old gen 2 did on the first ride whilst blowing up the rear it rolled off the side stand "!!!!!!! expensive i know i should have also left it in gear forgot!!!!!

vaio adjuster 1.jpg

VARIO PEGS.jpg

vario adjuster 3.jpg

Post 111, 140.
Knight designs for the ZX-14, fits with minimal fussing.

I'm 6' 3', 32' inseam- they are fantastic. I wear a size 13, not much room sometimes- these have room for my foot (in a boot) and i didnt find myself getting hung up on the shifter or brake at all.

Adjusting the brake lever and quickshifter are easy enough, another member here simply told me to maintain the geometry of the shifter.

PM me if you need details and we can talk.

Last edited:
i installed the vario adjustable pegs from m&p they are german made, they adjust up down and back and forth, these are listed for the gen 2 but are exactly the same to fit the gen3, a good amount of adjustment worked for me, waiting for my white gen 3 coming saturday ( i hope ) i will be fitting them asap as well as sorting the side stand to stop it rolling over so easily , as my old gen 2 did on the first ride whilst blowing up the rear it rolled off the side stand "!!!!!!! expensive i know i should have also left it in gear forgot!!!!!

View attachment 1649286

View attachment 1649287

View attachment 1649288
What do you mean by sorting the side stand? Thanks

What do you mean by sorting the side stand? Thanks
lots of reports of the busa rolling off its side stand if not left in gear (easily happens ) lots of videos on you tube of people with damaged fairings through the bike rolling over, i know of a recent one rolling over in the bike showroom, and of course happenewd to my mint 2010 busa still remember the feeling when the bike hits the floor the sound of scratching breaking plastic and foot peg, if you look at the position of the side stand it is at more or less 90 degrees from the bike , if you take a small bit of the sstand stop away it allows the stand to sit further forward and makes the bike more stable

lots of reports of the busa rolling off its side stand if not left in gear (easily happens ) lots of videos on you tube of people with damaged fairings through the bike rolling over, i know of a recent one rolling over in the bike showroom, and of course happenewd to my mint 2010 busa still remember the feeling when the bike hits the floor the sound of scratching breaking plastic and foot peg, if you look at the position of the side stand it is at more or less 90 degrees from the bike , if you take a small bit of the sstand stop away it allows the stand to sit further forward and makes the bike more stable
another showing the mod did this to me 20212 gen 3 easy fix

This morning, while I was fumbling in the garage with the small luggage in the back seat, with the engine running, for the usual Saturday lap, it happened to me too. Luckily, it leaned on my nearby car at 43 °, and I also had to call for help to straighten it. Further proof of the great strength of our Hayabusa, which strangely did not suffer any damage at all! I was thinking of filing the stop a little bit to increase the forward angle.

95CD40E8-0FC5-4480-913C-555A591BACAD.jpeg

What do you mean notching the stand? My 22 busa rolls forward exactly where I used to park my gen2 but it didn't roll. I need to do this. Is there a vid or something to show how we do it?

What do you mean notching the stand? My 22 busa rolls forward exactly where I used to park my gen2 but it didn't roll. I need to do this. Is there a vid or something to show how we do
i put the video on a couple of posts ago , its a couple up!!!

What do you mean notching the stand? My 22 busa rolls forward exactly where I used to park my gen2 but it didn't roll. I need to do this. Is there a vid or something to show how we do it?
I would just park it in gear for added safety if you can.

As soon as it happened, I also strongly recommend that you first, make the small modification recommended by effyzx

I just recently received my riders lowered pegs in black anodised. I got them from an eBay seller item noº 234503339218. I don't recall seeing the brand on the listing off the top of my head but I think they might be M Tec. They drop the peg 40mm and have a decent amount of adjustment. At 6'3" and being an old git I really struggled with the high peg position but these make a huge difference. I have the Ackraprovic end cans that Suzuki included in the performance kit [no longer available] and I can confirm that these pegs do not foul the carbon fibre cover trim that's fitted to the cans. I could post a pic but someone has already posted photo's of the M Tec pegs so not much point.

Great looking pegs , on the shifter side it hits the knuckle and the shifter. Gonna try some bringing and see if I can make it work.
IMG_5535.jpeg

IMG_5536.jpeg

IMG_5536.jpeg

Back